z

Young Writers Society

Hello, and greetings.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:10 am
Malefica says...

:D I'm Malefica. I don't know a good nickname, so just call me whatever you want ^_^ So, I don't know how good a writer I am, but I joined to find out.

My main theme is fantasy, sometimes with a little romance. I utterly HATE cliche characters, so I try to steer clear of those. I'm a fast writer when I'm in the mood, but I procrastinate and lose my momentum often. I'm working on that :? So yeah. That's me. :wink: I don't have anything going right now, but I have an idea that I hope to start within the next week
Malefica was here

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:27 am
Blues says...

Hi Malefica!
Hm. I don't know any good nicknames myself, but everyone in chat tends to give each other nicknames, as well as around the whole site.
I'm AhmadBlues, but I'm also known as Ahmad/Blue(s)/Mac/Ducky/Quack and even MadDisco xD Most, if not all people here are pretty friendly people who just want to help you out in your work. They also make great friends!

You joined at a pretty great time. The last few months meant that YWS was having some database problems so Nate, the admin, did a big makeover! I think it looks great. That means that lots of the old features - which'll be new to you - will be coming better than ever. I think you'll like it :)

Fantasy, hm? I'm an Action/Adventure author, but there are loads of fantasy writers round here. I think I'm like you too - I also procrastinate loads. We've got a procrastination forum here and... well. Once upon a time, more than 40% of my posts were there! I've therefore forbidden myself to go there because I waste so much time. I've improved... somewhat. That is, until I set up my own blog on wordpress.com . Now we have the YWS blogs up too. XD

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it here! Everyone's still finding their way around, so it's alright feeling lost XD Although, it's been about a week since it was given a makeover... so we've all found our way. And it is a bit smaller than before. If you've got any questions, feel free to send me a message (click on my name first) or contact a moderator - someone in any shade of green. The mods just keep everything running and making sure the site's alright. They're pretty friendly :) If you want, I can give you your first review on anything you post :) Just PM me. But don't forget to review yourself :) (Reviewing is just posting on someone's work about what you liked, what you disliked, why, typos, improvements... Y'know ;) I think you'd get the gist of what I'm saying)

So. Have fun here!

-Mac

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:33 am
Demeter says...

Hi there! Welcome to YWS!

I want to call you Maleficent because she's one of the best Disney villains. xD I'm not implying you're a villain, though! Anything but, since you joined YWS.

Ahmad already told you about the huge site update we just had recently, but just so know, it's still taking place. That's to say that Nate, our admin, is still working on all the features, so in some ways it might seem unfinished. Because it is. :D So within a month we should have many more things here and they should work even better!

Well, if you need any help with anything, I'll be happy to lend a hand! (Or maybe even two!)

See you around :)

Demeter
x
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

9 Reviews

Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:08 pm
Malefica says...

Thanks, you guys. I'm a little unclear about how I should post my stories. Do people post their chapters separately, on different threads, or do they keep them together?
Malefica was here

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:46 pm
Blues says...

Separately with its own separate thread :) Then sometimes, you PM people who want to carry on reading to let them know that there's a new chapter up, if they stated their interest.

Nate's improving the literary work area which is almost done, so you can group your novel together etc. :)

9 Reviews

Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:41 pm
Malefica says...

Ok. Thanks. I posted my first chapter of my story :)
Malefica was here

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:04 pm
AlfredSymon says...

Hi Malefica! This is Al giving you a warm welcome!

Since you let us call you by any nickname, can I call you Kurkaudwncmxnapqweiulvjhyg? I think that's a great nickname!

Other than that, I'd like to read your story, so watch out for my Quick Critique!

I'll send you my Greeter Message, so watch out for that too! ;)

Your new pal,
Al
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

Meatball, meatball, spaghetti underneath; ravioli, ravioli, great barrier reef!
— Spongebob