z

Young Writers Society

Hello~

Reviews: 1
Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:28 am
AelitaLienne says...

Hi, I'm Aelita.

I found this website through a friend during NaNoWriMo when I was seriously frustrated. The writing tips are amazing.

I write fiction, surrealism, and poetry. I am really not a novelist, I find that short stories are a much better medium for me. I have gotten into scriptwriting though and I hope I can improve...greatly.

Anyway, I love the site already and if you have any tips/tricks or whatnot that you'd like to share with me, please do!

Aelita
Sometimes all there is left to do is to dream.
~Murakami

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:52 am
AlfredSymon says...

Surrealism, ah! I expect some dreams turned to words from you dear!

I'm Alfred Symon! Welcome to YWS! This is a writer community where people not only exchange poems and stories and other works of art, but also tips and tricks.

I hope you would learn a lot and earn a lot! About the 'earn' part, well, I'll send a Greeter Message to you for more clarity!

Good luck on your days here at YWS!
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:41 am
HibiscusBlush says...

Oooo! I love your avatar, Aelita! I'm Aloha, wonderful to have you aboard!

Surrealism, poetry, fiction.....sounds like you can whip up something real interesting! If ever you need a review on a piece, PM me, I'm totally happy to read! How long have you been writing?

As for YWS....

You're only going to fall deeper in love with it hopefully! I certainly did, teehee! It’s like the fountain of youth; an endless abundance of knowledge, tips, tricks, etc, of every avenue literary works have to offer.

There are storybooks where you can role-play with other YWSers, those are fun! :D As for reviewing, here's a simplified thread explaining how it works exactly.

viewtopic.php?f=153&t=19232

You can also jump into the chat for instant conversation! Or lurk around the forum and jump right in there -- party at your leisure! :D

For anything specific you're curious about that may not have been addressed yet, don't shy away from sending a PM to a moderator - their names are high-lighten in green.

They can most certainly point you in the right direction, and as a whole, YWS is an open, fun and friendly community willing to help you if need be. That's the purpose of the site, right? Writers helping writers. :D
Previously known as Aloha

436 Reviews

Reviews: 436
Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:28 pm
AquaMarine says...

Hi Lienne! I'm Amy. :)

Welcome to YWS" You've joined at a really awesome time, as the site has recently just been renovated to become YWS: Apollo. It's all new and shiny, which also means that new and old members alike are finding their feet. :wink: If you want to find out more, just click on the big red button on the right hand side.

If you're confused about anything, just drop me (or anyone in green) a PM. We're all happy to help, it's what we're here for. Also, if you want anything reviewed feel free to ask me, too. I enjoy it. :)

See you around. Have fun!

Amy
"It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want."

-Spock.

Click if you love cookies

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:31 pm
View Likes
Lava says...

Hi AL!
I'm AL! Or Lava!

:3

Now, Murakami is one author I want to read. *nods*

See you around!
Cheers!
~Lava
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

When we are children we seldom think of the future. This innocence leaves us free to enjoy ourselves as few adults can. The day we fret about the future is the day we leave our childhood behind.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind