z

Young Writers Society

Hello~

Reviews: 1
Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:28 am
AelitaLienne says...

Hi, I'm Aelita.

I found this website through a friend during NaNoWriMo when I was seriously frustrated. The writing tips are amazing.

I write fiction, surrealism, and poetry. I am really not a novelist, I find that short stories are a much better medium for me. I have gotten into scriptwriting though and I hope I can improve...greatly.

Anyway, I love the site already and if you have any tips/tricks or whatnot that you'd like to share with me, please do!

Aelita
Sometimes all there is left to do is to dream.
~Murakami

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:52 am
AlfredSymon says...

Surrealism, ah! I expect some dreams turned to words from you dear!

I'm Alfred Symon! Welcome to YWS! This is a writer community where people not only exchange poems and stories and other works of art, but also tips and tricks.

I hope you would learn a lot and earn a lot! About the 'earn' part, well, I'll send a Greeter Message to you for more clarity!

Good luck on your days here at YWS!
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:41 am
HibiscusBlush says...

Oooo! I love your avatar, Aelita! I'm Aloha, wonderful to have you aboard!

Surrealism, poetry, fiction.....sounds like you can whip up something real interesting! If ever you need a review on a piece, PM me, I'm totally happy to read! How long have you been writing?

As for YWS....

You're only going to fall deeper in love with it hopefully! I certainly did, teehee! It’s like the fountain of youth; an endless abundance of knowledge, tips, tricks, etc, of every avenue literary works have to offer.

There are storybooks where you can role-play with other YWSers, those are fun! :D As for reviewing, here's a simplified thread explaining how it works exactly.

viewtopic.php?f=153&t=19232

You can also jump into the chat for instant conversation! Or lurk around the forum and jump right in there -- party at your leisure! :D

For anything specific you're curious about that may not have been addressed yet, don't shy away from sending a PM to a moderator - their names are high-lighten in green.

They can most certainly point you in the right direction, and as a whole, YWS is an open, fun and friendly community willing to help you if need be. That's the purpose of the site, right? Writers helping writers. :D
Previously known as Aloha

436 Reviews

Reviews: 436
Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:28 pm
AquaMarine says...

Hi Lienne! I'm Amy. :)

Welcome to YWS" You've joined at a really awesome time, as the site has recently just been renovated to become YWS: Apollo. It's all new and shiny, which also means that new and old members alike are finding their feet. :wink: If you want to find out more, just click on the big red button on the right hand side.

If you're confused about anything, just drop me (or anyone in green) a PM. We're all happy to help, it's what we're here for. Also, if you want anything reviewed feel free to ask me, too. I enjoy it. :)

See you around. Have fun!

Amy
"It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want."

-Spock.

Click if you love cookies

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:31 pm
View Likes
Lava says...

Hi AL!
I'm AL! Or Lava!

:3

Now, Murakami is one author I want to read. *nods*

See you around!
Cheers!
~Lava
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

*CLUCKING INTENSIFIES*
— Snoink