z

Young Writers Society

Hi...

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:15 pm
Road To Darkness says...

I am Road To Darkness, my sister is a former member on here, Faith a.k.a. WriteWriter. My sister and our 18 year old brother Austin were coming to pick me up from school last Thursday, my sister was driving. The car hit a patch of black ice and spun out of control. They were hit by an oncoming truck. Only my brother survived. My sister's death is what inspired me to get on to her profile and just see what she'd posted of my work. I was always afraid to make an account on here because I didn't know what people might think. So my sister made an account and posted my work as her own. I will re-post all of my work, renewed and edited and I will post some of my newer work too. I ask that you all review my work again, even if you already reviewed it. I kept the story of my sister's death short and sweet because I'm still hurting deeply and I've become more and more depressed, opening an account today is the most open I've been since her death. I don't want to dwell on it so I'll be open one last time and tell you a little bit about myself.

I am Stephanie but everyone I know calls me Stephie, I am 17 years old and I love to write and I am currently dating my best friend Caleb Smith, who is at the moment, at boot camp for the United States Army. Him and my brother are the two people who have been keeping my mind off my sister. I don't really know what to say other than the fact that I love to write and like my sister, I am in NJROTC, the Naval Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps, except, unlike how it was my sister's first year in NJROTC, it is my third year. Thank you and I hope you like my work.
Truly Broken And Trying To Heal. That's Me. I Am Stephanie.

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:39 pm
starrgazer says...

Hello Steph :) I'm really sorry to hear about your sister; I know losing a family member can be really tough, but I'm happy that you ran the extra mile to start writing here. It takes a lot of courage to bounce back so fast. I remember I took at least a year of moping around after my dad died to finaly move on with my life. :P

I'd be more than happy to read some of your posts. Some ways to get more reviews is by reviewing others or joining contests. There use to be a contests page, but now I can't seem to find it. Hopefully, they'll do something about that soon.

I know you've probably heard this a million times but if you ever need anything or have some questions, just pm me. :)

Star
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade

Pffffft, yeah right...fat lot of help sour lemon juice would do. When life also throws me a bag of sugar, then we'll start talking.

:)

522 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 522
Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:15 pm
Lavvie says...

Hi there Stephie!

I'm sorry about your sister. I'm sure she was a lovely person! I'm glad you joined YWS because of her.

Only a few hours ago, YWS got a makeover and so everyone is very confused about what's going. I can't offer as much insight about the website's working because of it (you can check out here for some basic how-to for the new site). However, if you want to get posting some creative writing, head on over to the Read/Write Tabs and select which area you'd like to post. From there on, it's pretty straight forward. You post and then it gets reviewed! What kind of things do you like to write? Short stories? Poetry? What genre?

On an unrelated note: what do you like to do besides write and/or read?

Drop me a line if you would like something reviewed - I'd be more than happy to just for you!

Yours,
Lavvie

What is to give light must endure burning. – Viktor Frankl

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:13 am
AlfredSymon says...

Hello!!!

Hi out there! Down the dark road! Can you here me?

This is Al, giving a Greeter Message! I'll send it to you a few moments after this!

Again, welcome to YWS and Merry Christmas!
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

You can cut all the flowers, but you cannot stop Spring from coming.
— Pablo Neruda