z

Young Writers Society

Um...Hi there

Reviews: 2
Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:51 pm
Stanglish says...

Okay, well, I might as well do this right and introduce myself on the newbie board. I am Stanglish, although you can call me Yuki or simply Stanglish, it is your choice.

I like to write fantasy, horror, and some romance (now and again I can manage to crank out a fanfction or two). I don't have people read my writing very often but when I do allow it to happen I love getting feed back. Constructive critism is loved, and needed, by this writer. Anyways, I don't really have much more to say other than...HI!!
Please note that the following quotes are from characters of my own creation, and because of that fact, have decided that they should have the chance to say something.

"Abandon all faith ye who enter here with broken equipment." --- Major Ceridwen Wolfe aka Scorch

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:12 am
Twit says...

Hi Stanglish! Welcome to YWS!

Horror and fantasy, cool! What kind of fantasy do you like? I used to like sword-and-sorcery, but now I'm more into urban fantasy and -- have you read any Robin Hobb? I'm not sure what her books come under, but I like that as well. Kind of more realistic fantasy, you know?

I'm twit or Twitters or Twitster or Twist or... basically any other variation that you can come up with. Or Flounder. Sometimes. ^^ If you have any questions, you can PM me or anyone else who has a green name, and we'll help you out! Light green names are Junior Moderators, dark green names are Moderators Fully-Fledged, and red names are Admins.

Best piece of advice is to review, review and review. Reviewing hones your writing and critiquing skills and helps you meet people who'll be willing to give you helpful abuse. XD If you need a review, my review-requesting-thread needs filling up. ^_~

See you around!

-twit
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:32 am
Lava says...

Hey Stanglish! WELCOME!

Well, I'm Aza temporarily, but you can call me Lava. ;D
You know, I don't have people read my works either, and then, I found YWS. :D I still don't quite show it to most people at home/college, but here it's fine for me.

Glad you joined our confetti-throwing crazy writerly world. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Cheers!
~L
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:36 pm
Mikko says...

Hey there! Welcome to YWS!

I hope you like it around here and that you get around easily. It's pretty easy once you get the hang of things so in no time you will be wandering the streets of YWS all on your own!It's great that you've joined this site because it will help you grow in your writing. Through reviews and tips, you can only keep on improving!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask around - we're nice people who don't bite and we're ready to help you around! There are all sorts of forums on this site that will help you out with not only your writing but helping you to make friends with others and enjoying your time on here.

We've got the questions and answers forum for any question you may have on how the site works or if you're encountering some difficulties. Here is a link to a place where ALL common questions are answered.

We've also got writing tips if you need any or if you have any.

There's also the Lounge where you can interact with the other members and have fun sharing with the rest of us.

Is writing, for you, your hobby or is it something you want to do in the future for a living? In any case, you've come to the right place. Here you can make friends, share your creative pieces and grow in your writing!

I hope you enjoy yourself and that as you discover the site, you become as addicted as the rest of us!

Happy writing!

Peace,

- Mikko.
when she needs to shelter from reality she takes a dip in my daydreams

Random avatar

Reviews: 11
Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:30 pm
AlucardXD says...

Hi there Stanglish!! Welcome to YWS!! I'm AlucardXD, but people just usually call me "Nero" (although that's not my real name either XD)
I'm kind of new here, too, so I thought I'd say hello! Hope you enjoy your stay here, and become as engrossed with this site as the rest of us have ultimately become!! You write the same kind of stuff as me, so maybe we can review each other's writing sometime. I don't have many people read my writing, where normal, offline-writing is concerned, but that's mainly because last time I let someone read my stuff it was my English teach in school and that REALLY didn't end too well!
Anyway...uh, if you need someone to talk to, need help around the site (although I'm really not that old a member myself XD) or just need some writing tips, constructive criticism or extra reviews, feel free to PM me!!
Peace out!!

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:11 am
AlfredSymon says...

Um...Hi there, too.

Welcome to YWS! A community of young writer's in pursuit of excellence, development and social growth!

I hope you enjoy yourself here, and may we be good friends!

:wink:

Your greeter for today,
Al :D
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:59 pm
EnchantedPanda says...

Hello Stanglish,

Welcome to the Young Writers Society :smt006 , I'm DreamingForever but you can call me whatever you want :)! if you're looking for some solid, honest, helpful feedback on your writing the you've definitely discovered the right place :smt023 ! There are loads of other enthusiastic writers out their ready to review your work! At first the site might seem a little big, but after you've checked out some of the links that the other have included and done a little bit of exploring :smt024 you'll get used to YWS in no time!

I like to write fantasy, horror, and some romance (now and again I can manage to crank out a fanfction or two).
That's awesome, I love writing like that! If/when you post some of your work I'll check it out!

Anyway if you have any questions or you just want to have a friendly chat with someone feel free to just PM me or post a message on my wall and I'll get back to you ASAP! I hope you have fun and I look forward to seeing you around the Young Writers Society!

From DreamingForever

Reviews: 2
Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:16 am
Stanglish says...

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

It feels good to have such a big 'Hello' from the other writers here. Other than that, I might be posting something soon-ish, muses be willing of such an event. Anywho, I would love to talk to all of you more, but my stories are calling for me.

Blessings, Stanglish
Please note that the following quotes are from characters of my own creation, and because of that fact, have decided that they should have the chance to say something.

"Abandon all faith ye who enter here with broken equipment." --- Major Ceridwen Wolfe aka Scorch

I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.
— Thomas Edison