z

Young Writers Society

I'm Slightly New

Reviews: 1
Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:47 am
EndlessQuill says...

Hey peeps! I'm from a undislosed location, born in an undisclosed time, and very happy with at his undisclosed school. I myself love being creative and original. Writing is as big a passion for me as is reading and video gaming. At almost any interval I have some story floating in my head just waiting to pop out. Most the time though, I delve deep into others peoples works over my own ( Skyrim and Facebook are dastardly fellows).

I am well known as a writer at my school and as one of the "cool kids who fits in any where". However, I don't make an effort in being cool. It is my personal belief that everyone should be theirselves, whether award-toting jock or nose in book "wierd kid". A favorite quot of my own is "I think so far out of the box I'm in a sphere".

On to my writing. For school I have written multiple short stories, all of each were well recieved. My peers and teachers have all insisted I continue with my writing and this is something I plan to do. My writing style tends to stay in the fantasy and science-fiction genre and I try to be original with it, or, if forced to focus on one subject, I place a massive twist on it. Generaly, the only problems with my stories and books is keeping them going. Luckily, my own book is coming long rather snicely, albeit slowly. This, I assume, can only be solved with some stricter dicipline and more writing.

Like I said in the topic, I am only slightly new. I have been here before but I lost my account. Not only that, I only put in two stories before my "tokens" ran out. I'm not meant to review but apparently this site wants me too. If there is any way to bupass this system, I would love to hear it. Of course, I will post things in due time. Thanks for reading and any comments are welcomed.

139 Reviews

Reviews: 139
Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:26 am
SwallowedByInsanity says...

I'm very sorry to inform you that the only way to earn points, or 'tokens' as you've referred to them as, is to review other people's work. The site was created as a place for young writer's to have their work looked over and critiqued by others in order for all of us to enhance our writing as a whole.
If your looking for a site to just post your work with no point system or strings attached, I suggest teenink.com
If you post work here and do not review other people's work, that's not fair to the rest of the people like myself who sit and review like mad in order to not only improve my writing, but other's as well.
Teen Ink also has a magazine that you may get published in if they like your work enough, I've been published in it before, but unless you're the featured poem/story, it's not easy getting reviews.
I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but I'd prefer if you just play it by the rules or people are going to get annoyed.
Love is a poison, but it is also the antidote.

The insanity at my fingertips is not even slightly coherent.

Reviews: 1
Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:23 pm
EndlessQuill says...

I wasn't trying to beat the system. I appreciate all that others do and know the good feeling you get when someone reviews your. My point is that I don't find myself a very good reviwer, so I would probly sit on the computer for hours looking for something to review on. Thank you for the reply and and suggestion. More then likely I'll go try that out. :D
Be who you can.

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:39 pm
Justagirl says...

Hi there, Endless!

I'm Justagirl (or Just - your choice ;) ) and welcome back to the site!

I'm glad that you made a new account here because I'm sure that you'll have a lot to learn, even though you seem pretty accomplished already!

I'm sure you'll fit in perfectly here as we have no "cool" kids, we all treat each other pretty equally :) It's true that we do have the mods (the users in Green) and the junior mods (the users in light green) and the administrators (the users in red) and Nate but other than that there is not "popularity" system or such :) Which, many people are happy to know.

I can't wait to start reading your stories as I love to read science-fiction and fantasy (but mostly science fiction) (:

I, personally, love to write poems, but a flash-fiction story does pop out of my head every once in a while.

It's too bad that you ran out of 'tokens' last time. I'm sure that if you had asked someone would have helped you out on how to get more (the way, by the way, to do that is to review other's works :) It's really fun and easy, don't worry) or maybe have even given you some!

Anyways, welcome back to the site! If you ever have any questions, feel free to post a message on my wall or send me a PM.

Sparkles,
Just
"Just remember there's a difference between stalking people on the internet, and going to their house and cutting their skin off." - Jenna Marbles

~ Yeah I'm letting go of what I had, yeah I'm living now and living loud ~

Random avatar

Reviews: 11
Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:38 pm
AlucardXD says...

Hi there, EndlessQuill, and welcome (back ^-^) to YWS!! I'm AlucardXD (although most tend to nickname me "Noobcake" or "Nero" XD), and sorry to say but there's no way past the reviewing...believe me, I've looked!! XD But if you can't really review, just do what I do and find inspiration from others' reviews!! It's easy, and all you have to do is add on your own opinions too!!
That happened to a friend of mine twice, she lost her accounts, but she's back on writing fanfiction (in my opinion, if she went to all that trouble to upload fanfiction, she would be better of losing all her accounts! XD)
If you need some extra reviews, or just some constructive criticism on your work, I would be glad to be of service!!
Peace out, and good luck with the writing (again XD)!!!

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:04 am
AlfredSymon says...

Hello Quill, rewelcome to YWS!

So about the pointing system here, I'll just send you a message about that!

I hope we can be good pals!

Good luck writing! :P
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:28 pm
EnchantedPanda says...

Hello EndlessQuill,

Welcome to Young Writers Society!
Not only that, I only put in two stories before my "tokens" ran out. I'm not meant to review but apparently this site wants me too. If there is any way to bupass this system, I would love to hear it.
Well seeing as you asked reviewing is not the only way to get points or "tokens" There are actually quite a few ways you can get these if you don't think you're much of a reviewer! You can greet people in this forum and through that you'll receive points! The longer your greet is, the more points you'll get!

After you've gathered up enough points to post works you could even try entering a contest! If you place in the contest the person running the contest will give you a reward often in the form of points! But don't only try these methods, why not get out there and review? A review only has to be 250 characters long! That's only about 3-5 decent sized sentences! All you have to do when you review is point out any errors that the writer has made in their piece, give the writer advice for next time, or give you general opinion about whatever they've written. After a few reviews you will soon get the hang of it and if you're still struggling read other peoples review for some inspiration and so that you can understand what type of things to write!

So as you can see there is more than one way to earn points and reviews aren't really that hard at all! I hope that this has helped you!

From DreamingForever

It is only a novel... or, in short, only some work in which the greatest powers of the mind are displayed, in which the most thorough knowledge of human nature, the happiest delineation of its varieties, the liveliest effusions of wit and humour, are conveyed to the world in the best-chosen language
— Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey