z

Young Writers Society

Well Hello

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:04 am
View Likes
Blankmind says...

Hey YWSers, I just joined, and from what I know, I think I'm gonna like it here.

So far I've seen that there's people to review all sorts of work, and that's what type of forum I was looking for. I actually spent an hour searching around for a decent writing/reading forum to join, and I found this, which far excedes the expectations I had. As a bonus, the site has good looks. :wink:

So, I think I'm gonna be pretty active, as I like to read and write. Since I just said, "I like" I guess that I'll say some other things I like. I also take interest in music, sports (specifically baseball and basketball which I both play, but I also enjoy watching football and hockey), drawing (only once in a while in my free time I'll sit down and make a good drawing, but I usually doodle here and there on homework and such). Oh yes, I take school seriously, and hope to get into a devision one sports college, and I hope to take aeronautical engineering (builds and designs planes). I like planes, lol.

Anyway, I usually like to write short stories, maybe poems, and most of my pieces fall under fiction, and they're mostly dark, mystery, suspense, or action. Anything else I rarely write.

I've probable said enough, but feel free to ask me some unanswered questions, I don't mind if you do. Not at all.

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:36 am
Starrywolf says...

And once you know it more, it gets even BETTER. xD

Ooh, and you can draw. I'm seriously artistically impaired or something. I had to draw a heart once, and took ten tries.

Anyway, we're all one big, happy, obsessive family.

And what kind of music do you listen to?

(Excuse the subject-jumping. I'm socially awkward, you see.)

5 Reviews

Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:56 am
Blankmind says...

Ha, I don't care if you're socially awkward. I'll talk to anyone, no matter who it is, lol. Anywaaays, thanks for the welcome! I bet it does get better, and I hope it does, or else you'll be hearing from my lawyer. Nah, I was just kidding, I'm 13, I don't have a lawyer.

Seriously? 10 tries to draw a heart? ...Well, I was like that (in 2nd grade) until I started to doodle. So doodle on, my friend, if you wish to improve. I'm not the best, though. Some kids in my grade could probably make a perfect replica of the Mona Lisa.

I mainly listen to 80s music. I just like that stuff for some reason. I guess it clicks with me.

Again, thanks for the welcome!

403 Reviews

Reviews: 403
Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:04 am
SmylinG says...

Hey, Blankmind! :mrgreen:

Welcome to YWS. I'm glad you're finding the site to your liking so far. Then again, most new users do. xD

There's really a lot to discover and do around this neck of the woods, so I encourage you, wander around! I guarantee you'll like what you see. We have storybooks, clubs, a chat room, quite a few things. So yeah, be sure to check stuff out if you haven't already!

If you have any questions whatsoever, feel free to ask me via wall comment or PM, and I'll be quick to get back to you with whatever you may need. For the most part though, I really have no doubt you'll find your way around the site just fine. The members here are the awesomest. I'm sure if you go to just about anyone here with a question they'll be polite in helping you out if you need it.

With that all said, have fun, Blankmind! I look forward to seeing you around the forums!

-Smylin'
Paul is my little, evil, yellow bundle of joy.

5 Reviews

Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:03 pm
Blankmind says...

Thanks for the welcome, Smylin!

Yeah, I've looked around the forum some, and I've already discovered the chat room and the clubs. I'm liking it more and more here, lol. I think I'm gonna stick around a while.

522 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 522
Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:21 pm
Lavvie says...

Hey Blankmind!

I think we crossed paths in the chat, but I might as well formally welcome you to YWS! Yes, it is really a great site and one meets so many different people.

However fun chat may be, it's not everything about YWS and some people (me) tend to forget that sometimes. Reviewing is strongly encouraged here, even a little more so that submitting things. The reviews keep the site going and I'm sure you'll develop your own sense of a good review as time goes on. Eventually, if you're writing decent reviews, you may be nominated for one of those badges and the nominations can be found here.

You may notice a badge called the Storybooker badge? That's if you demonstrate superb storybooking skills (alliteration ftw). This is pretty much role-playing, but a lot more fun. You can create a character and then you write as if you are them in whatever Storybook you've chosen to join. Naturally, people join multiple ones at a time. They are extremely fun but, personally, I'm not so dedicated to them so I review or hang around in chat.

Does the music you listen to inspire some of your writings? Also, what kind of 80s music? I adore music as do many other YWSers here.

Don't hesitate to drop me a line if you have any questions or you can bother those greenies. The light ones are the Junior Moderators (JMs) and the darker are the General Moderators (GMs).

Yours,
Lavvie

What is to give light must endure burning. – Viktor Frankl

5 Reviews

Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:39 pm
Blankmind says...

Yeah, I remember you from the chat. And yeah, I know the chat isn't all of it, but I go on when I'm bored. It's time waster for me. I did find the nomination area, so I'm familiar. Storybooker badge, I don't really get the concept of storybooking. But whatever, lol. Music doesn't really inspire my writings, I just like it. What type of 80s tunes? Bruce Springtseen, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, stuff like that. General oldies, I guess.

Anywho, thanks for the welcome!

Also, does my avatar look funny, or give the impression that I'm a jerk..?

Once again, thanks! I feel so wanted, lol.

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:54 pm
View Likes
EnchantedPanda says...

Hello Blankmind,

Welcome to Young Writers Society, this is an excellent writing website and I really look forward to seeing you around! There are lots of fun things to do here including writing (obviously!), Writing contests, reading and reviewing other peoples writing, storybooking, clubs, chat, blogs and heaps more! Just take a poke around everywhere and be a bit nosey then soon enough you'll get used to how the site works!

Anyway, I usually like to write short stories, maybe poems, and most of my pieces fall under fiction, and they're mostly dark, mystery, suspense, or action. Anything else I rarely write.
Oooooh that sounds exciting! I really look forward to seeing some of your writing it sounds pretty wicked and fast paced. Be sure to submit some of your work soon, I'll definitely check it out!

Now I have a few questions for you!
:arrow: How long have you been writing for?
:arrow: Do you have a favorite food? :D :D (excuse the random question)
:arrow: Do you have a favorite animal?
:arrow: What's your favorite color?

Anyway I'll see you around and if you have absolutely anything that you want to ask just PM me and I'll help you out as best as I can!

From DreamingForever

5 Reviews

Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:41 pm
View Likes
Blankmind says...

Thanks for the welcome! Here's some answers:

Since 2nd grade (about 5 or six years, I guess)
Pizza
Jerboa (look it up in google images)
Red

Anything else to answer, lol?

233 Reviews

Reviews: 233
Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:25 am
Chirantha says...

Hi there Blankmind, I'm C.

Welcome to YWS! *Hands a cookie* :D

Well as you seem to have discovered most of what YWS has to offer I won't go repeating, but I saw that you do not understand the concept of storybooks. It's idea is basically similar to that of modern Role-playing games, like Dragon Age or Skyrim. It's where you assume the role of a character you created, and develop the story in your character's point of view while going according to the plot. So, whatever decisions or actions your character take will affect the whole storybook. So, it's really fun to do, and you get to see the ideas and creativity of other people who are also participating in the storybook.

I hope to take aeronautical engineering (builds and designs planes). I like planes, lol.

I'm really glad to meet another fellow YWSer who likes planes. I'm literally crazy about planes, but just normal passenger planes, not the military ones. I was practically obsessed with them a few years ago, and I nearly dedicated my life to flight simulators. But there's something truly epic about the planes taking off and landing. ;)

You probably know this already, but I'll explain a few things about the points and stars system here. You may have seen that every user here have points and a number of stars under their avatar. Well, you get points for doing reviews, welcoming people and posting writing tips. For reviews, the maximum amount of points you can get is 50 but that could be increased if that story or poem hasn't been reviewed before, you get 50% more points than the original amount of points. Or if the work has only one review, you get 25% more points. Cool right?

Ahh yes, the stars. Well, the number of stars depend on the number of reviews you do. I believe you get the first star after doing 5 reviews and another one at 25, another one at 50 and another at 150(I think) You have to do 250 reviews until you get all five stars. Then from there on, you get one colored star for each 100 reviews you do. So at 350 review, you get one blue star and four gold stars. At 450, you get two blue stars and three gold stars, and so on. So, by getting points and stars, you get practically addicted to reviewing. Also, there's a leader board where you can check your position based on the number of reviews you done for the past 24 hours, 7 days and for the month. And after the month is over, the user with the highest reviews, get's to be the featured member of YWS. :D

Well, I think I pretty much said everything that needs to be said. So I hope you enjoy YWS as much as we all do. And if you have any questions, feel free to PM me and I'll try my best to help you.

Have fun! :D

- C -
Warden: "If you want to lead, all you have to do is ask."
Alistair: "What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I'm stranded somewhere without any pants."
- Dragon Age

Need a review?

You cannot have a positive life and a negative mind.
— Joyce Meyer