z

Young Writers Society

Hey, guys! I'm new here :)

Reviews: 0
Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:57 am
akira17 says...

As the title said, I'm new in here. I love reading and I'm so into it that I decided to write. I'm new in actually writing stories so I would really appreciate it if you guys help me out..

I'm fifteen years of existence and I'm your average type of teenager. I love music and I'm mostly inspired by that. I've written a couple of poems and they were okay, if I do say so myself, but I wanna try something new. I want to improve my writing skills so I decided to join in here. I'm mostly the shy type of person but I still want to share my thoughts and I expressed it through writing.

I heard that this is a good site so I hope that this would help me a lot. :D

Yours truly,
Cyrene

74 Reviews

Reviews: 74
Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:17 am
LemonyIce says...

Hey Cyrene/Akira!!

Welcome to YWS and as a new member, you get a special gift from me. A BIG HUG!! *hugs*
You're new so at first the site may seem a little confusing and it may take you sometime to figure out everything but by New Year's Eve, you'll know this site very well! It's a really good place for you to post your own poems. Even I love to read. As you can see from my username, I love the Harry Potter series and even I started writing because of that. :D My inspiration was the amazing Joanne Kathleen Rowling. Who's your favourite author/poet?

I'll give you a little explanation. Firstly, reviewing. You get points based on how long your reviews are. If they're really short, you don't get a lot of points. The maximum number of points you can get for a review is 50. You also get 50% and 25% more points for the giving the first or second review to a work respectively. With points that you earn, you can post your own works. So, the more you review, the more you can post! If you need to know anything else, Nate and some other YWSers have posted answers to FAQs for new members. Oh, one more thing. You may see some people whose names are in green, orange and red. The ones in light green are the junior moderators, the ones in dark green are the senior mods, the ones in orange are distinguished members (basically previous mods) and the ones in red are admins of the site. Nate is the only one whose name is in black, cause he's the creator and he's just so awesome that he has a different colour. :D

That's the basic stuff. As you use the site more, you'll get to know more about it. If you have any questions feel free to ask me or anyone else. Everyone here is super friendly and super nice. Also super weird. XD But everyone's fun to talk to! They're all extra ordinary and wonderful! So, enjoy! :D

~HPR~
I'd rather waltz than just walk through the forest.
The trees keep the tempo and they sway in time.
Quartet of crickets chime in for the chorus.
If I were to pluck on your heart strings would you strum on mine?

~Plant Life, Owl City

249 Reviews

Reviews: 249
Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:20 am
murtuza says...

Hey, Cyrene! (I hope you don't mind me calling you that)

Welcome to this wonderful community called YWS. :D

It's good to see that you've started out with forming this thread. Very soon, there will be more people like me here welcoming you. So you're going to make a whole bunch of friends here.

So you've just started writing stories? Me too. In fact, I was more of a poem-writer before but right now, I'm also really interested in story writing as well. I would be glad to help you out with anything you want. It's great to be inspired by things you like such as music. It really calms the soul. I get all emotional and stuff with the music when I'm really into it, lol. I get all head-bobbing and foot-tapping and all ^.^

Anyway, you can express yourself here in more ways than one. You can post stories, articles, poems, novels as well as Artwork and photographs as well. Basically, anything goes here! I'm sure you have a lot to offer and I'll be looking forward to seeing your work.

And one thing that you need to remember is that to post anything, you need to have points. And to get points, you have to review other peoples works. It's quite simple really, and once you get the hang of it more people will review your work because you have reviewed theirs and you'll get to form a good circle of friends that way. To know more about the points and the workings of YWS, you should definitely check out this page - help.php

And if you ever need any help or even a review, don't feel shy to PM me or post something on my wall about it. I'll be happy to help. :)

So thank you for joining this great website and I'm sure your writing will improve as well as help you gain a lot of friends while you're at it. Have a great time and take care!

Murtuza
:)
It's not about the weight of what's spoken.
It's about being heard.

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:10 pm
Mikko says...

Well hey there, Cyrene, and welcome to YWS! Well it looks like murt and Rocks have given you a warm welcome so I'd just thought I'd do the same! I hope you like it around here and that you get around easily. It's pretty easy once you get the hang of things so in no time you will be wandering the streets of YWS all on your own!It's great that you've joined this site because it will help you grow in your writing. Through reviews and tips, you can only keep on improving!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask around - we're nice people who don't bite and we're ready to help you around! There are all sorts of forums on this site that will help you out with not only your writing but helping you to make friends with others and enjoying your time on here.

We've got the questions and answers forum for any question you may have on how the site works or if you're encountering some difficulties. Here is a link to a place where ALL common questions are answered.

We've also got writing tips if you need any or if you have any since you said you want to improve.

There's also the Lounge where you can interact with the other members and have fun sharing with the rest of us.

If you want your first review, just post a request here! I'll be happy to give you your very first YWS review!

Is writing, for you, your hobby or is it something you want to do in the future for a living? In any case, you've come to the right place. Here you can make friends, share your creative pieces and grow in your writing!

I hope you enjoy yourself and that as you discover the site, you become as addicted as the rest of us!

Happy writing!

Peace,

- Mikko.
when she needs to shelter from reality she takes a dip in my daydreams

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:17 pm
View Likes
Napier says...

Hey there!
Feel free to follow me, request reviews and PM me to ask me any questions. I'll always be happy to oblige.
See ya round!
“It is the tale, not he who tells it.”
― Stephen King

“If you don't have time to read, you don't have the time (or the tools) to write. Simple as that.”
― Stephen King

Formerly BadlyDrawnLightning

522 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 522
Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:35 pm
Lavvie says...

Hi there! Mind if I call you Akira? Figure a name for myself, if you like.

It's great that you've decided to start writing! It's really so much fun and YWS makes it so much better. I've always had a love for writing since I was really little, but one can start any time during their life. Do you have any other inspirations besides music, like certain authors or maybe someone you idolize in your life? I tend to say I'm influenced by my great grandparents. They have so many different stories to tell and they often influence my written speech. And what kind of music do you like? There's a huge music-loving community here and I'm sure you'll get along spectacularly with them.

Don't hesitate to drop me a line, or those green people (the Mods!), a line if you have a question.

Yours,
Lavvie

What is to give light must endure burning. – Viktor Frankl

Random avatar

Reviews: 6
Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:28 pm
crazedasian1 says...

Hi there Akira! Welcome to YWS, you're going to love it here.

This is a great place to write and get real, truthful reviews. I promise your writing will improve so much after you submit work here. I know I have received great advice I had never gotten before I signed up here. Write, write, and write, and you will go far.
We can aspire to anything, but we don't get it just 'cause we want it.' I would rather spend my life close to the birds than waste it wishing I had wings.
-Eli Attie

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:28 pm
ArahAkachi1 says...

Welcome to Young Writers Society Akira! A wonderful place where you will be able to post your poetry, novels, and short stories. Others will be able to review your work so that you can get better at writing and get less and less errors in your writing. I tell all the new people when you click My YWS, scroll down near the bottom and you will see the word of the week. Incorporate that into your writing to improve your vocabulary and your writing skills. Once again, Welcome to Young Writers Society!
~Arah~
Writing your name can lead to writing sentences. And then the next thing you'll be doing is writing paragraphs, and then books. And then you'll be in as much trouble as I am!

Most people ignore most poetry because most poetry ignores most people.
— Adrian Mitchell