z

Young Writers Society

Hello, I'm Johnny Cash.

Reviews: 4
Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:52 pm
View Likes
TheRose says...

No, I'm not, but that line is more than epic.

My name is Alexandra, and I'm 15 years old. I come from a small town in Greece. The things I enjoy most in this life of mine are the following: books, music, photography, my cat, cold beer, nature, good company, and myself of course.
I write mostly poems and I write them in Greek so it would be kind of difficult for me to post anything I've written here.
My favorite book changes all the time. For the last few weeks the #1 book on my chart has been 'The Dharma Bums' by Jack Kerouac.
What inspires me most is music, and nature. Some of my favorite artists are Guns N' Roses, Nick Cave, Tom Waits, Led Zeppelin, Marilyn Manson, Porcupine Tree, Creedence Clearwater Revival, and they're basically endless so I'll stop here.

I'd like to share my thoughts with people who are intelligent enough to understand what I'm talking about. Society these days is producing sheep instead of free thinking young people.
there's a feeling I get when I look to the west, and my spirit is crying for leaving.

253 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 253
Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:32 pm
View Likes
RacheDrache says...

Hi, Alexandra! Welcome to YWS!

I'm Rachael and the frog in my avatar is Ribbit. I'm one of the moderator folks here on YWS. We're all in green, so we're easy to find if you ever need help (and we do like to help!)

YWS is a great place to post writing and get to know intelligent people. I don't know if we have any other Greek speakers or writers, but you never know around here. You could also translate into English if you felt up for it. But, if you just want to hang out, that's fine too!

If you have any questions, let me know!

Rach
I don't fangirl. I fandragon.

Have you thanked a teacher lately? You should. Their bladder control alone is legend.

249 Reviews

Reviews: 249
Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:30 pm
View Likes
murtuza says...

Hey, Alexandria!

Welcome to YWS! I'm glad you've joined this wonderful community. I'm sure you're going to enjoy your time here :D

I'm murtuza and the guy in my avatar is me. But don't worry, I'm not really blue and red in real life ;) Ahem, bad joke! lol :D

Well, we do have a lot writers from different parts of the world who write pieces in their own languages as well as translate those pieces into English for everyone to appreciate. I'm sure you'll be able to post a lot of fine work here since your English looks really great! And even if you think you aren't that good enough, it doesn't matter because the more you post, the more you'll improve and be praised for your talents.

You can post any type of writing from articles to stories to novels to poetry as well as artwork and photography too. So there are endless ways where you can express yourself. To start submitting, just click the 'Submit' option situated on the top menu. But remember - to submit you need points. And to get points, you need to review other people's works.

If you need any help at all, don't feel shy! You can ask me or ask the moderators (like Rachael above me) of the site. I'm looking forward to reading your pieces. Take care and enjoy your time here.

Murtuza
:D
It's not about the weight of what's spoken.
It's about being heard.

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:10 am
View Likes
EnchantedPanda says...

Hello TheRose,

Welcome to Young Writers Society :smt039 , my name on here is DreamingForever but you can call me whatever you want :smt023! I can assure you that you have made the right descision by joining this site. There are loads of awesome things for writers to do and lots of different activities provided to help imrpove your writing skills :elephant:. I can gauruntee that you'll get addicted to this place sooner or later :smt024!

I write mostly poems and I write them in Greek so it would be kind of difficult for me to post anything I've written here.
Don't worry about that! There are quite a few writers on here who speak different languages as well and after all, through practice you can only improve right!

http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic54894.html Most of the questions you probably have about the site tend to have been answered there. If yoiu have any other question sthat haven't been answered then feel free to zap me a PM or just post a messgae on my wall. I really look forward to getting to know you even better and I really hope that i see you around the site!

From DreamingForever

Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:47 am
View Likes
TheRose says...

Rachael, Murtuza and DreamingForever, thank you so much for the warm welcoming! I look forward to getting to know you all better :)
there's a feeling I get when I look to the west, and my spirit is crying for leaving.

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:52 pm
View Likes
Lava says...

Hey Rose!

Glad to see yourself getting quite cozy 'round YWS. Hope you're having a great time here!

And well, lots of folks, including me, have a different first language but that makes the whole writing community a whole lot more fun! ANd dang!

Greek! I've always wanted to learn it since I started using Greek alphabet in science! And feta! And beautiful blue seas I've seen on TV!

XD

Feel free to PM me if you want to chat/have a million questions!
~L
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:56 pm
View Likes
TheRose says...

After just a couple of days I've already seen what a great place this forum is :D Thank you so much for the welcoming Azalea, and as for the Greek language.. well I could teach some things whenever you want :D

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:49 pm
View Likes
Mikko says...

Well hey there and welcome to YWS! I hope you like it around here and that you get around easily. It's pretty easy once you get the hang of things so in no time you will be wandering the streets of YWS all on your own!It's great that you've joined this site because it will help you grow in your writing. Through reviews and tips, you can only keep on improving!

Greek? Really? Oh my gosh I had a Greek friends and she made me love the language though I must admit I don't know a single word in Greek :/

If you have any questions, feel free to ask around - we're nice people who don't bite and we're ready to help you around! There are all sorts of forums on this site that will help you out with not only your writing but helping you to make friends with others and enjoying your time on here.

We've got the questions and answers forum for any question you may have on how the site works or if you're encountering some difficulties. Here is a link to a place where ALL common questions are answered.

We've also got writing tips if you need any or if you have any.

There's also the Lounge where you can interact with the other members and have fun sharing with the rest of us.

Is writing, for you, your hobby or is it something you want to do in the future for a living? In any case, you've come to the right place. Here you can make friends, share your creative pieces and grow in your writing!

I hope you enjoy yourself and that as you discover the site, you become as addicted as the rest of us!

Happy writing!

Peace,

- Mikko.
when she needs to shelter from reality she takes a dip in my daydreams

Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:09 am
View Likes
TheRose says...

Hey Mikko!:D Thanks a lot for your advice and your tips.

Well, I'm writing just for myself, 'cause it makes me feel better and it releases my creativity and emotions, so I don't think I could write for a living, but you know.. Never say never.

Thank you again Mikko! Elpizo na ta ksanapume. (which in Greek means "I hope we talk again.":P)

All my life I've wanted to be someone; I guess I should have been more specific.
— Jane Wagner