z

Young Writers Society

Oh Hey, There.

Reviews: 2
Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:44 pm
View Likes
Podge says...

I didn't know exactly how to phrase the title other than that, but this place is nice, I like it here. It's comfortable, not confined to one area, and the community is excellent. I rather feel like I'm buying a house!

I'm Vincent, I'm currently been homeschooled by my mam and writing and reviewing on here counts as English/Literacy for me, so I guess this is just the thing I need to further improve my writing. I'm also very interested in starting these 'Storybooks,' they look like a more expressive form of roleplay, or even a text-based game.

If you'd like to know more about me, maybe we could become friends? I'm very open to all of society and have an equal space for everyone in my life. (Except enemies!) I also join in on the local Youth Forum and our county's Youth Assembly. We have very heated debates there and help the local community around us, it's all very casual and fun most of the time though.
Penguins are Flipping Brilliant.

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:12 pm
View Likes
Blues says...

Hey, Vincent!

I felt like that when I first joined. It's great, isn't it?

So, Welcome to YWS!What do you like to read? Write? I love Action/Thriller (writing) but I read absolutely anything :)

Sounds like you're gonna end up addicted to this place XD There's so much to do apart from reviewing! Join clubs, blog, story book (as you're already seen), join review frenzies at the end of every month and face some (friendly competition). It's great! Everyone's really friendly and we're all glad to help. It might seem a bit daunting at first.

Debates? Hi five! I love debates too. We've got a debate forum here actually, which sounds like it'd be fun for you :)

Anyway, feel free to ask me any questions or ask for a first review. The people in green are the mods, they'll be glad to help with any questions along with everyone else.

Hope you have fun here!

Mac

Reviews: 1

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:20 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

Hiyo!

If you feel like you're buying a house, I feel like you've picked the right neighborhood. As you've already figured out yourself, we're all about community here. Give it some time, and you'll make the most solid friendships here you've ever found.

If you're interested in storybooks, then you're speaking my language. I'm one of the mods in the storybook forum, and it's practically my second home. You've pegged it right--it's our own fantastic mutation on roleplay. And if you get tired of roleplay in large numbers, then you can check out the Double Trouble Writing Huddle for one-on-one co-writing.

Basically, we have a place for everything. Lyrics, Photography, the essay that you want to polish up before sending it off to college...everything. And I hope that you find everything to your liking.

Like Ahmad said, clubs and blogs are wildly popular here, too. You can find both of those things on the main toolbar.

Right. I don't want to overload you with information! I think you're finding everything just fine. If you need anything at all, send me a PM and I'll help you out in two spins of a time-turner.

-Lumi
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:02 pm
View Likes
Empathy says...

Hey and welcome, I'm newish here too so I would love to be friends. =)

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:20 am
View Likes
starrgazer says...

heyy, welcome to YWS:D This is a great site to share literature and honestly, I think this is one of the best sites out there for us. I'm also newish here (joined a few days ago) and want to make new friends, so hopefully, we can help each other out. Anyways, write on my wall or pm me, I'd lov to help :)
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade

Pffffft, yeah right...fat lot of help sour lemon juice would do. When life also throws me a bag of sugar, then we'll start talking.

:)

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:18 pm
View Likes
Justagirl says...

Hey, a bit of a late welcome from me, but hi!

I, too, am home schooled (have been my whole life) and I love to hang out here. Although it doesn't count for my English/Literature everybody here definitely helps you to improve your writing!

You should totally try out the storybooks! Me and a friend are going to be starting one soon and if you'd like I can send you a PM when it's ready to post ;)

I think you're going to have a ton of fun here at YWS. Everybody is extremely helpful and nice. You can find a genre and stories for every occasion and you'll be replied to very quickly if you ever PM someone with a question! (Especially if they're online!)

If you ever need some help, you can post a message on my wall (as you've done so already) or send me a PM. I think you're going to have tons of fun!

Welcome!

-Justagirl
"Just remember there's a difference between stalking people on the internet, and going to their house and cutting their skin off." - Jenna Marbles

~ Yeah I'm letting go of what I had, yeah I'm living now and living loud ~

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:31 pm
View Likes
ArahAkachi1 says...

Welcome to Young Writers Society Podge! A wonderful place where you will be able to post your poetry, novels, and short stories. Others will be able to review your work so that you can get better at writing and get less and less errors in your writing. I tell all the new people when you click My YWS, scroll down near the bottom and you will see the word of the week. Incorporate that into your writing to improve your vocabulary and your writing skills. Once again, Welcome to Young Writers Society!
~Arah~
Writing your name can lead to writing sentences. And then the next thing you'll be doing is writing paragraphs, and then books. And then you'll be in as much trouble as I am!

“Though lovers be lost, love shall not; And death shall have no dominion.”
— Dylan Thomas