Username or E-mail:
Forget your password?
Young Writers Society
Hello, all you amazing people out there :)
Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:23 am
Hi, so like almost everyone else here, I'm a newbie who joined a few days ago when I just happened to stumble across this welcome mat. I'm hoping to meet new writers here and hopefully get some opinions on my own work. Also, any useful newbie tips would be helpful.
Uhh, well, personally I love to draw n read books. Some of my favs are
If I stay by galye foreman
shiver by Maggie S.
snowfall by km peyton (MUST READ!)
Well, yea, thats about it
Thanks for reading this post!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade
Pffffft, yeah right...fat lot of help sour lemon juice would do. When life also throws me a bag of sugar, then we'll start talking.
Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:38 am
I loved 'If I Stay'! Have you read the sequel yet? 'Where She Went' is in Adam's point of view and oh my god, it's amazing.
Welcome to YWS! This website literally made me a writer. The community, the reviews, the great literature, the contests and really the people, just make YWS the best website for young writers on the web. I hope you come to enjoy YWS as much as I do.
A few newbie tips:
1. Good spelling and grammar is a must. This is a writing website and we like to keep things neat and orderly.
2. Join clubs and pages.
3. Review other people's work as much as possible. The more you review, the more reviews you get. I remember one of my first reviews was something like 'gooooood.' which wasn't very helpful to the writer. When you review, try to make it long and thorough, state what you liked and disliked, what you think should be changed and what you thought of the piece overall.
4. The only way you can post new works is if you have points and the only way to get points is to win contests judged by other YWSers or to review. You receive a maximum of 50 points per review and that's only if you write (I think) 250 characters. Reviewing is a huge part of this website and so are the literary works, so post as often as you can!
5. Chat is a great place to talk to YWSers.
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.
Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:01 am
Welcome to the Young Writers Society
, as Jas said this site is awesome. It really helps you become a writer and there are so many amazing features that have been created on here to help you improve your writing. You are really going to enjoy this place! There are so many different writers to meet and learn form and everyone on here is really here to help you!
This link is a mini guide for new members and should probably answer a lot of your questions. But what will help you most is taking a poke around yourself. After a good few hours of being nosey and exploring everything you should get the hang of how the site works and what things you might enjoy doing on here and you'll be adicted in no time!
I really hope to see you around the site and hope you make the descision to stay on here and hang around with everyone. Good luck!
Want a review? Anyone?
Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:09 pm
Welcome here !
This is a very nice place where you can publish your works !
There are a lot of interesting people, and i hope you'll have fun here.
Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:25 pm
I hope you like it here! It's a wonderful place that has all kinds of stuff most writing sites don't have. If you need any help, you can ask me, I'm pretty much always here, also, the guys with green names? They are the mods. Mods know almost everything, so they're good people to ask for help too!
Few rules that'll help you get through your newbie faze.
1. Good grammar and spelling! There is nothing us YWS users like less than people that use chatspeak.
2. Review Review Review Review! There are LOTS of works posted on YWS every single day. If you want extra points, go to the 'be the first to review' link below the black bar that has all the short cuts to places that we use of YWS. You get 50% more reviews if you review something without a review. Also, you get 25% more if you review something with only one review. Don't forget to be through in your reviews and say what you liked and disliked. Your reviews have to be 250+ characters to get the max points.
3. Join clubs, participate in contest, Join SBs and welcome other newbies like you! (You can also earn points by welcome people on the welcome mat.)
Anyway, nice to meet you and see you around! Don't forget that if you need any help, I'm always here.
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you
Cheat your landlord if you can and must, but do not try to shortchange the Muse. It cannot be done. You can’t fake quality any more than you can fake a good meal.
— William S. Burroughs
Copyright © 2016
Young Writers Society
YWS logo created by Jordan Bobo
Header images ©
About / Info
Become a Supporter
Forums & RPG
Cover Art Creator
Poetic Lines Gen
Story Theme Gen
89,634 Literary Works • 469,218 Reviews