z

Young Writers Society

Take Me to Your Leader

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:03 pm
TheBucketman says...

Hello YWSers.

If you're too lazy to read my username, it's TheBucketman.

I guess I'll talk about myself as a writer/reader. I enjoy reading and writing fiction. Fiction has a bunch of categories, but I only really like fantasy, horror, historical fiction, and realistic fiction. Poetry isn't really big for me, but I'll write it when required, and read it when asked. I just don't do poetry on a rainy day for entertainment.

In my free time, I like to draw, play outside with my brother (we do things like wiffleball, basketball, football, and other stuff we make up out of pure bordom). Ha, I like how wiffleball is spelled wrong. Anyways, I also like planes. Always have, always will. I want to work with them in some way when I get older. Preferably and Aeronautical Engineer.

Before I let you go, I'm free to do any review, really... Even if it's poetry.

Also, ask any questions you have.

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:17 am
View Likes
KFMATA says...

Hey Bucket, it's good to see you here. I'm fairly new as well. I'm Mata, and I'm still finding my way around. You said that you like fiction -- who are your favorite writers? I grew up reading Stephen King, Orson Scott Card, and Sherman Alexie. I've always been into science fiction. You remind me of my brother! He would always talk about flying. He got his private pilot's license by nineteen, and is an aeronautical engineering. Keep your eye on that prize. It's very, very possible.

Welcome to the Young Writer's Society!
NICE PERFUME -- MUST YOU MARINADE IN IT?

9 Reviews

Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:34 am
TheBucketman says...

Thanks for the welcome, Mata! Well, my favorite writers have to be Rick Riordan, Suzanne Collins, Christopher Paolini, and Stephen King. I recently read IT last year by SK, and I loved it. Like I said, I love horror, as well as books that leave you deep in though, so it was right up my alley. Also, it's cool to hear you brother got his license at the age of 19! And he's an aeronautical engineer! Now I think if I work hard enough, I can definitely achieve my goal.

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:05 am
Lava says...

Welcome Bucketman! It's good to see you active in the forums.

have fun round here and don't feel afraid to ask me anything under the sun.

:D

-L
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

9 Reviews

Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:51 pm
TheBucketman says...

Ok, thanks!

A memorandum isn't written to inform the receiver, but to protect the writer.
— Dean Acheson