z

Young Writers Society

Hey everyone

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:53 am
SerenityAmour says...

Hey guys. I'm SerenityAmour, but DJ works for short. I just joined, and I would love to meet some people. I like reading and giving feedback, and I'm looking for some friends to do the same. I mostly do poetry and articles, like the kinds you would find in magazines, but I've recently gotten into short stories. I hope you guys will enjoy my pieces. Can't wait to get to know you wonderful writers. Blessings. Serenity Amour :)
The Lord informed me that he has plans for me;
Plans for me to prosper, and not to fail.....
With this in mind, I embrace each day with
aspirations of being all that I can be in order
to serve and please He who created me.

_Serenity&Amour_

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:12 am
View Likes
psudiname says...

Welcome to YWS! As you'll probably notice if you searched for other writing sites, we are one of the few sites with a multitute of active members! everyone here you will find is a writer, and everyone I've met here is very nice, so feel free to ask any questions of anybody, because most people are glad to be helpful. also, YWS works largely on favors, so review a lot, and people will review you. As I'm always happy to do favors for people, feel free to PM me asking for a review if you ever post anything that gets overlooked, or that you just wish had more reviews. if you have any questions about how the site works, you can also PM for that too.
your friend,
---Psudiname
if anyone wants a review, post on my profile and I'll get to it in a couple days.

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:53 pm
KFMATA says...

Hey, DJ! Welcome to the Young Writer's Society. I'm Mata, and I'm also a new member! I'm definitely interested in reading some of your work. But, first, who are your favorite authors? Any favorite books? You said you write articles... what are your main topics? I have a lot of respect for those who write articles or non-fiction.

I look forward to getting to know you!
NICE PERFUME -- MUST YOU MARINADE IN IT?

9 Reviews

Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:26 pm
TheBucketman says...

Hey, welcome to YWS! Hopefully you'll like it here, because there's people to help you in just about every aspect of writing! I'd like to know a little more about you, so here are some questions:

Favorite band?
Favorite song?
Favorite movie?
Favorite actor/actress?
Favorite author?
Favorite book/series?

Hopefully you can answer all those, lol. Have fun on YWS! I hope you stick around!

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:52 pm
Mikko says...

Well hey there and welcome to YWS! I hope you like it around here and that you get around easily. It's pretty easy once you get the hang of things so in no time you will be wandering the streets of YWS all on your own!It's great that you've joined this site because it will help you grow in your writing. Through reviews and tips, you can only keep on improving!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask around - we're nice people who don't bite and we're ready to help you around! There are all sorts of forums on this site that will help you out with not only your writing but helping you to make friends with others and enjoying your time on here.

We've got the questions and answers forum for any question you may have on how the site works or if you're encountering some difficulties. Here is a link to a place where ALL common questions are answered.

We've also got writing tips if you need any or if you have any.

There's also the Lounge where you can interact with the other members and have fun sharing with the rest of us.

If you want your first review, just post a request here! I'll be happy to give you your very first YWS review!

What kind of things do you like to write, like what genre? What inspires you to write?

Is writing, for you, your hobby or is it something you want to do in the future for a living? In any case, you've come to the right place. Here you can make friends, share your creative pieces and grow in your writing!

I hope you enjoy yourself and that as you discover the site, you become as addicted as the rest of us!

Happy writing!

Peace,

- Mikko.
when she needs to shelter from reality she takes a dip in my daydreams

249 Reviews

Reviews: 249
Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:57 pm
murtuza says...

Hey Serenity!

Welcome to this fantastic community called YWS. I'm sure you are going to have a great time over here. And you are definitely most welcome to post any type of writing you want. Even photos, art and the like!

If you ever need any help or want a review, feel free to ask any of us here. We'll all be glad to help!

I don't have much to guide you with since Mikko above me, has already covered everything for you to get started :D

Take care and feel free to ask me for anything! I'm looking forward to reading your works.

Murtuza
:)
It's not about the weight of what's spoken.
It's about being heard.

9 Reviews

Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:05 am
SerenityAmour says...

psudiname wrote:Welcome to YWS! As you'll probably notice if you searched for other writing sites, we are one of the few sites with a multitute of active members! everyone here you will find is a writer, and everyone I've met here is very nice, so feel free to ask any questions of anybody, because most people are glad to be helpful. also, YWS works largely on favors, so review a lot, and people will review you. As I'm always happy to do favors for people, feel free to PM me asking for a review if you ever post anything that gets overlooked, or that you just wish had more reviews. if you have any questions about how the site works, you can also PM for that too.
your friend,
---Psudiname

It's nice to meet you Psudiname, and it's good to know that I can turn to you for my reviews. Do know that you can do the same vice-versa. I look forward to getting to know you!
P.S. Yes, I do love how nice and active everyone seems to be

_Serenity&Amour_

9 Reviews

Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:17 am
SerenityAmour says...

KFMATA wrote:Hey, DJ! Welcome to the Young Writer's Society. I'm Mata, and I'm also a new member! I'm definitely interested in reading some of your work. But, first, who are your favorite authors? Any favorite books? You said you write articles... what are your main topics? I have a lot of respect for those who write articles or non-fiction.

I look forward to getting to know you!

Hey Mata, it's nice to meet you! Good to know some fellow newbies on the site. Some of my favorite authors would be Zora Neale Hurston, Francis Ray, Edith Wharton, Libra Rajani, and Gabriel Marquez. Just to name a few. A few favorite books would be The First Part Last, Their Eyes Were Watching God, Ethan Frome, Jane Eyre, and Chasing Destiny. Just to name a few. The majority of my articles pertain to college life, Christian faith, and issues among teenagers. But do know they are not limited to those topics in any way! I do hope that you will enjoy some of my writings and that I will get to read yours as well. I look forward to getting to know you!

Blessings,
SerenityAmour

_Serenity&Amour_

9 Reviews

Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:24 am
SerenityAmour says...

TheBucketman wrote:Hey, welcome to YWS! Hopefully you'll like it here, because there's people to help you in just about every aspect of writing! I'd like to know a little more about you, so here are some questions:

Favorite band?
Favorite song?
Favorite movie?
Favorite actor/actress?
Favorite author?
Favorite book/series?

Hopefully you can answer all those, lol. Have fun on YWS! I hope you stick around!

Hey, thanks for the warm greeting. I do like it here so far, and I do plan to stick around.
Favorite band? Ummmm, maybe Secondhand Serenade?
Favorite song? Honestly, no idea!
Favorite movie? Oh, so many! The Titanic, A Walk to Remember, Deja Vu, John Q, The Break Up, Along Came A Spider...
Favorite actor/actress? Vince Vaughn? Unsure
Favorite author? Zora Neale Hurston
Favorite book/series? Their Eyes Were Watching God.

I plan to stick around! Hope to hear from you soon.

_Serenity&Amour_

9 Reviews

Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:32 am
SerenityAmour says...

Mikko wrote:Well hey there and welcome to YWS! I hope you like it around here and that you get around easily. It's pretty easy once you get the hang of things so in no time you will be wandering the streets of YWS all on your own!It's great that you've joined this site because it will help you grow in your writing. Through reviews and tips, you can only keep on improving!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask around - we're nice people who don't bite and we're ready to help you around! There are all sorts of forums on this site that will help you out with not only your writing but helping you to make friends with others and enjoying your time on here.

We've got the questions and answers forum for any question you may have on how the site works or if you're encountering some difficulties. Here is a link to a place where ALL common questions are answered.

We've also got writing tips if you need any or if you have any.

There's also the Lounge where you can interact with the other members and have fun sharing with the rest of us.

If you want your first review, just post a request here! I'll be happy to give you your very first YWS review!

What kind of things do you like to write, like what genre? What inspires you to write?

Is writing, for you, your hobby or is it something you want to do in the future for a living? In any case, you've come to the right place. Here you can make friends, share your creative pieces and grow in your writing!

I hope you enjoy yourself and that as you discover the site, you become as addicted as the rest of us!

Happy writing!

Peace,

- Mikko.

Well thank you, thank you so much for all of the help. I know that I will need to refer back to your message sometime in the near future for direction. I like to write non-fiction articles, short fictional stories, and some poetry. I'm inspired by my personal experiences and issues that I see in my social zones. I'm into advice giving, so I hear about a lot of issues and confusions among my peer group. Writing is something that used to be a hobby but has become a part of my life. I do plan on writing and publishing in the future. I can see that I'm gonna like it here :) Hope to hear back from you soon.
Blessings,
SerenityAmour

_Serenity&Amour_

9 Reviews

Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:35 am
View Likes
SerenityAmour says...

murtuza wrote:Hey Serenity!

Welcome to this fantastic community called YWS. I'm sure you are going to have a great time over here. And you are definitely most welcome to post any type of writing you want. Even photos, art and the like!

If you ever need any help or want a review, feel free to ask any of us here. We'll all be glad to help!

I don't have much to guide you with since Mikko above me, has already covered everything for you to get started :D

Take care and feel free to ask me for anything! I'm looking forward to reading your works.

Murtuza

Hello Murtuza, and indeed, this is a fantastic community. I can't wait to get more involved and get to know more of you wonderful writers. I will be posting soon, so be on the lookout ;)
Blessings,
DJ

_Serenity&Amour_

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:03 am
View Likes
starrgazer says...

hey there :) Welcome! You are going to love it here; its a great place to share your stories. I'm also somewhat new here and looking for someone to give feedback on my work and vice versa. Write on my wall or pm me :) Hope to read some of your stuff soon!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade

Pffffft, yeah right...fat lot of help sour lemon juice would do. When life also throws me a bag of sugar, then we'll start talking.

9 Reviews

Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:30 pm
ArahAkachi1 says...

Welcome to Young Writers Society Serenity! A wonderful place where you will be able to post your poetry, novels, and short stories. Others will be able to review your work so that you can get better at writing and get less and less errors in your writing. I tell all the new people when you click My YWS, scroll down near the bottom and you will see the word of the week. Incorporate that into your writing to improve your vocabulary and your writing skills. Once again, Welcome to Young Writers Society!
~Arah~
Writing your name can lead to writing sentences. And then the next thing you'll be doing is writing paragraphs, and then books. And then you'll be in as much trouble as I am!

9 Reviews

Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:03 pm
SerenityAmour says...

ArahAkachi1 wrote:Welcome to Young Writers Society Serenity! A wonderful place where you will be able to post your poetry, novels, and short stories. Others will be able to review your work so that you can get better at writing and get less and less errors in your writing. I tell all the new people when you click My YWS, scroll down near the bottom and you will see the word of the week. Incorporate that into your writing to improve your vocabulary and your writing skills. Once again, Welcome to Young Writers Society!
~Arah~

Hi Arah, it is nice to meet you, and thanks for the warm welcome. I think the word of the week is a wonderful idea, and I love language. Hope to read some of your works soon. Ttyl.

_Serenity&Amour_

9 Reviews

Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:05 pm
SerenityAmour says...

starrgazer wrote:hey there :) Welcome! You are going to love it here; its a great place to share your stories. I'm also somewhat new here and looking for someone to give feedback on my work and vice versa. Write on my wall or pm me :) Hope to read some of your stuff soon!

Hey, and thanks for the welcome! I already love it here. I will contact you asap so we can get started reading and feedbacking. I'm sure I'll enjoy your works.

Sincerely,
DJ

_Serenity&Amour_

Sometimes my life just sounds like surrealistic fiction being sold on clearance at the book store.
— J. G. Hammersmith