z

Young Writers Society

Hi :) I'm new!

Reviews: 0
Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:40 pm
View Likes
SarcastiC says...

Hi everyone!
I am a new member of this awesome website where I can share my creative work. I've looking for a good place for that and I think I finally found one :).
I will mostly write short stories as well as some litte poems.
My main interests are reading and listening to music ( rock;), my favourite band is Led Zeppelin ). My favourite writers are J.D.Salinger (those who have not read 'Catcher in the rye' should start reading it immediately as it is the most awesome book ever), Tracy Chevalier (I'm currently reading 'Girl with the pearl earring') and Edgar Allan Poe.
Thats all I have to say.
Oh, one more thing:
English is not my native language so dont expect me to be too good :).
thanks, music, for being there when nobody else was....

Reviews: 3
Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:57 pm
View Likes
Cookjess048 says...

Hey there!

You can call me Cook or Jess, which ever I don't have any prefrences. I love how you have found us here at YWS! I look forward to reading some of your works! There are many things here at YWS that make us unique! We have different groups that you are able to join, and we have anuimber of differnet chat rooms that you can use to chat with your fellow writers! The biggest thing you can do is to do some exploring, and find out what your intrested in!

I hope you enjoy this site as much as I do, and I look forward to seeing some of your work!

Sincerely;
Cookjess048

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:36 am
View Likes
Lava says...

Wahey! Welcome to YWS!

LedZep! Ohyeah! And Salinger is totes awesome. Although I haven;t read anything besides Catcher in the Rye.

And don't worry. Your English isn't so bad. I'm not a native speaker either and YWS has helped me a lot in improving my Ebglish skills.

Welcome again and feel free to PM me if you have any questions whatsoever. Or, if you'd like to chat. ;)

See you around!

-L.
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:15 am
View Likes
TheBucketman says...

Hey! Welcome to YWS, SarcastiC!

It's great to see another new member! Funny thing, that's exactly how I found this site, by trying to get a forum to share my work. Also, I usually write short stories as well, but not much poems. Rarely novels... I can't stand writing them, and I plain just can't, lol. Hey, what type of rock, like 80s stuff, because that's what I'm into. It's also cool to hear you like Led Zeppelin, because I love them as well. I'm not exactly the biggest fan of E.A. Poe, but I did do a unit on him during Language Arts, so I can understand what you mean if you talk about him... to some degree.

Great to hear English isn't your native language, because this is actually the perfect site to improve your English! Most reviewers on here are picky when it comes to small mess ups (I'm not, lol), so you could improve a boat load!

Thanks for joining! Have fun, and I hope you stick around!

Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:57 am
View Likes
SarcastiC says...

There are more than 300 songs from the 70s and 80s rock. From 80s rock I love AC/DC and Guns N' roses. How about you?

Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:59 am
View Likes
SarcastiC says...

300 songs on my phone*

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:36 pm
View Likes
ArahAkachi1 says...

Welcome to Young Writers Society Sarcastic! A wonderful place where you will be able to post your poetry, novels, and short stories. Others will be able to review your work so that you can get better at writing and get less and less errors in your writing. I tell all the new people when you click My YWS, scroll down near the bottom and you will see the word of the week. Incorporate that into your writing to improve your vocabulary and your writing skills. Once again, Welcome to Young Writers Society!
~Arah~
Writing your name can lead to writing sentences. And then the next thing you'll be doing is writing paragraphs, and then books. And then you'll be in as much trouble as I am!

Random avatar

Reviews: 6
Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:33 pm
View Likes
crazedasian1 says...

Welcome to YWS! This is the perfect place to submit your work and get honest opinions and advice from your fellow writers. This site will help you with your writing, and you will also get the opportunity to help other writers. I hope you enjoy it here!
We can aspire to anything, but we don't get it just 'cause we want it.' I would rather spend my life close to the birds than waste it wishing I had wings.
-Eli Attie

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:04 pm
View Likes
Mikko says...

Well hey there and welcome to YWS! I hope you like it around here and that you get around easily. It's pretty easy once you get the hang of things so in no time you will be wandering the streets of YWS all on your own!It's great that you've joined this site because it will help you grow in your writing. Through reviews and tips, you can only keep on improving!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask around - we're nice people who don't bite and we're ready to help you around! There are all sorts of forums on this site that will help you out with not only your writing but helping you to make friends with others and enjoying your time on here.

We've got the questions and answers forum for any question you may have on how the site works or if you're encountering some difficulties. Here is a link to a place where ALL common questions are answered.

We've also got writing tips if you need any or if you have any.

There's also the Lounge where you can interact with the other members and have fun sharing with the rest of us.

What kind of things do you like to write, like what genre? What inspires you to write?

Is writing, for you, your hobby or is it something you want to do in the future for a living? In any case, you've come to the right place. Here you can make friends, share your creative pieces and grow in your writing!

I hope you enjoy yourself and that as you discover the site, you become as addicted as the rest of us!

Happy writing!

Peace,

- Mikko.
when she needs to shelter from reality she takes a dip in my daydreams

Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:03 pm
View Likes
SarcastiC says...

Thanks.
I really love this site, as it is very easy to use it.
What inspires me? Music. Music is my life :) . I usually write short stories, rarely poems. Writing is one of the hobbies of mine, I dont think that I will write in the future for a living..

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:36 pm
View Likes
EnchantedPanda says...

Hello SarcastiC,

Welcome to Young writers society! You are absolutely right, this is one of the best sites a writer could find and I am so pleased to welcome you into our community! Everyone I've meet on here has been really nice and friendly and this is a great website for you to make new friends and have fun learning and exploring different writing techniques! I reallly hope you enjoy your time on here and I hope you have lots of fun!

English is not my native language so dont expect me to be too good :).
Aww no worries! Lots of my friends on here don't speak english either but they have all told me that through practice it only gets easier. With time and dedication I'm sure your english will improve even further! Oh and just as a matter of interest, what language do you speak? :smt001

Anyway I look forward to seeing you around and I hope that I will get the chance to read some of your writing in the future! I'll see you around! :smt002

From DreamingForever

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:31 pm
View Likes
Skydreamer says...

Awesome! I have read part of 'the catcher and the rye' and it seems like it would be an award winning book.
Welcome to YWS and to tell you the truth, even though English isn't your first language I can promise you, it could be even better than mine (grammar wise that is).

Writing is from the soul,

*Dream*
I believe in that, which is not seen.
I call it truth, faith, hope, life.

~~~~Sometimes life beckons us to be different~~~~

I used to be known as thewritersdream, but now my dreams have taken flight

Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before.
— Captain James T. Kirk