z

Young Writers Society

Hello...

Reviews: 0
Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:11 am
View Likes
mantisrox says...

Hello, people of this website that actually read this. I have been writing for nearly seven years now, and have improved a lot since my first work. I know my work needs revising, (more like a team of professional editors) and there is no possible chance of me getting published for several years, but please read my writing, as I have worked very hard on it.

Yours Truly,
Robin

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:17 pm
View Likes
Mikko says...

Well hey there and welcome to YWS! I hope you like it around here and that you get around easily. It's pretty easy once you get the hang of things so in no time you will be wandering the streets of YWS all on your own!It's great that you've joined this site because it will help you grow in your writing. Through reviews and tips, you can only keep on improving!

Of course people will read your work! That's what you're here for. Don't be afraid to share your work with the rest of us here because it will just help you grow and grow!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask around - we're nice people who don't bite and we're ready to help you around! There are all sorts of forums on this site that will help you out with not only your writing but helping you to make friends with others and enjoying your time on here.

We've got the questions and answers forum for any question you may have on how the site works or if you're encountering some difficulties. Here is a link to a place where ALL common questions are answered.

We've also got writing tips if you need any or if you have any.

There's also the Lounge where you can interact with the other members and have fun sharing with the rest of us.

What kind of things do you like to write, like what genre? What inspires you to write?

Is writing, for you, your hobby or is it something you want to do in the future for a living? In any case, you've come to the right place and know that you shouldn't lose hope! You can get published really early if you keep hopin' :). Here you can make friends, share your creative pieces and grow in your writing!

I hope you enjoy yourself and that as you discover the site, you become as addicted as the rest of us!

Happy writing!

Peace,

- Mikko.
when she needs to shelter from reality she takes a dip in my daydreams

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:38 pm
View Likes
KingLucifer says...

Well then a writter who has been writing for several years now eh? And your only 13? well this is intreasting enough sounds like you maybe be a natural born writer, it's possible I have still yet to look at any of your work to see how it is. but Welcome hope you enjoy it here and everything that YWS has to offer.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:54 pm
View Likes
mantisrox says...

@Mikko, my genre is mainly horror and suspense, but I occasionally do action stuff. And @MasterLHeart, Yeah, I've been writing for... well, a little over seven years :) and I appreciate the warm welcomes

403 Reviews

Reviews: 403
Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:32 am
View Likes
SmylinG says...

Hello, Robin. :mrgreen:

First off, I'd just like to say welcome to the site! We're glad to have you and I'm sure you'll find yourself just as glad to be part of the YWS community soon enough!

I find it downright awesome when younger writers such as yourself join the site. There's really so much growing up to be done as a young writer! We're always busy morphing in and out of our own thoughts and passions. Here at YWS I think you'll find you'll be doing a lot of growing as a writer. Since joining the site myself I've found myself so influenced by the atmosphere of the forums and the many helpful writers about me. There's really a lot of fun to be had, what with storybooking, joining contests, and simply receiving reviews and reviewing others work, as well as so much more. I encourage you to take advantage of all that YWS has to offer!

If you ever find you have any questions at all, you can feel free to ask me by either posting a comment on my wall or shooting a PM(private message) my way. I'd be glad to help you out with whatever. Though I'm confident you'll do just fine on your own. Just remember: good grammar, plagiarizing is evil, and always brush twice daily. ;]

Look forward to seeing you around the site, Robin!

-Smylin'
Paul is my little, evil, yellow bundle of joy.

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:24 am
View Likes
EnchantedPanda says...

Hello mantisrox,

Welcome to young writers society :smt006 this is a really amazing writers community and it will really help you improve in your writing. I really hope you make the decision to stick around here and the chances are, you'll get addicted sometime or another! :smt024 If you have any questions just ask anyone in green or any experienced member and they'll give you a good answer. The bets thing you can do though is check out the site for yourself and teach yourself everything. :smt051

Now I have a few quick questions for you!
:arrow: What genre of story do you like to write?
:arrow: Do you have any hobbies or things you like to do in your own time?
:arrow: Do you have any favorite food or concoctions :smt040
:arrow: What would you like to improve on in your writing?

I really hope I see you around and I am sure you're going to love it here! If you want anything just contact me through a PM or a wall post.

From DreamingForever :elephant:

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:30 pm
View Likes
ArahAkachi1 says...

Welcome to Young Writers Society Mantisrox! A wonderful place where you will be able to post your poetry, novels, and short stories. Others will be able to review your work so that you can get better at writing and get less and less errors in your writing. I tell all the new people when you click My YWS, scroll down near the bottom and you will see the word of the week. Incorporate that into your writing to improve your vocabulary and your writing skills. Once again, Welcome to Young Writers Society!
~Arah~
Writing your name can lead to writing sentences. And then the next thing you'll be doing is writing paragraphs, and then books. And then you'll be in as much trouble as I am!

Random avatar

Reviews: 6
Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:10 am
View Likes
crazedasian1 says...

Hi Robin!

Welcome to YWS, this site is really going to improve your writing and I am sure you will enjoy it here. If you have any questions feel free to ask!
We can aspire to anything, but we don't get it just 'cause we want it.' I would rather spend my life close to the birds than waste it wishing I had wings.
-Eli Attie

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:22 pm
View Likes
Confused.pirate says...

Why hello mantisrox!! Welcome to Young Writers Society! My name is Sara, and if you'd ever like anything to be reviewed or have any questions feel free to ask :)

I can say that YWS is the definitely the best website and writing community you could ever turn to. I have been a part of numerous writing sites in the past, but I have stayed committed to YWS the longest simply because it can't be beat!

Here's a little tip: If you want reviews, a good way to do it is by giving reviews. People like to give back once they receive!

Have fun!

<3 Sara.
"The differences in life are what create the challenges which open the door to discovery."

253 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 253
Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:13 pm
RacheDrache says...

Hey, Mantisrox!

I'm Rach, the frog is Ribbit... and we just want to welcome you to YWS. I think the others pretty much covered everything, but if you do have questions, feel free to ask me (or anyone else!)

Rach
I don't fangirl. I fandragon.

Have you thanked a teacher lately? You should. Their bladder control alone is legend.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:56 pm
View Likes
mantisrox says...

Well, if you guys would like to, I have a story already up here. It's a little long, I know, but all my other work is still being processed and revised by me, so that's all I have. About those questions:
1. I like writing suspense/horror and action novellas and short stories. I can't do romantic stuff, so bear with me during romantic scenes of my stories.
2. Hobbies... well, I like to write, paint, read, draw, do gorey make-up art, and make videos. I am the make-up artist andd writer in my film trio.
3.Food? I don't where that came from... but I do like mexican food :3
4. Improving. Well, I'm not very good at romantic things, and that takes away a lot of options for excuses in murder and psychosis. I am also bad at inventing characters, so I usually have at least one character based off of myself, in order to have at least one character's complete mindset known to me.

I really appreciate all the support and am excited to see all of your work and see what you think of mine!

To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.
— Allen Ginsberg