z

Young Writers Society

Newbie :)

Random avatar

Reviews: 8
Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:52 pm
View Likes
WinterBloom says...

Hi I'm new here I'm figuring things out and I'm hoping this will help improve my writing :)

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:58 am
View Likes
EnchantedPanda says...

Hello WinterBloom,

I'm hoping this will help improve my writing :)
So welcome to Young Writers Society :smt006 and yes if you're looking for a fun website that will help your writing grow then you have come to exactly the right place :smt039 :elephant: . There are loads of fun features on here like blogs, clubs, writing contests, storybooks, fun community activities and of course composing your own works and reviewing other peoples writing :smt023 .

Now i have a few questions for you!
:arrow: How long have you been writing and what genre do you like to read and write?
:arrow: What is your favorite book and author?
:arrow: Do you have any hobbies or things you like doing apart from writing?

Anyway, I hope you have a really fun time on here and if you have absolutely anything you want to ask then just post them on my wall or PM me and i will definitely get back to you! I look forward to seeing you around!

From DreamingForever

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:24 am
View Likes
Blues says...

Hey, WinterBloom!

Welcome to YWS and nice to meet you *Shakes hands*. I'm Mac :)

I hope you enjoy your time here. As DreamingForever said, there is so much to do! You can also participate in review days where there's a bit of friendly competition between teams to see who can get the most points (the more helpful your review, the more points you get) :)

Talking about points, we've got a point system on YWS. That's simply to make sure that people review twice as they write so everyone can get a review :) It's up to 50 points for a review and 100 points to post work.

Finally, there's a buddy system on the same forum as this where you can have a buddy to show you around, answer questions and even give a review or two while you're still new. This site felt scarily large when I first joined, so I imagine it'd help.

Anyway, I do hope you enjoy your time here! Feel free to ask me for a review or ask about any questions.

Bye!
Mac

249 Reviews

Reviews: 249
Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:39 am
View Likes
murtuza says...

Hi WinterBloom :D

A hearty Welcome to YWS! Glad you could join this amazing community of fun people!

You'll definitely enjoy your time here and I'm looking forward to reading your works! Ahmadblues has pretty much summed up the basics for you, so that'll get you started!

Oh, and don't feel shy to enter the chatroom located on the homepage. It's where you'll meet a lot of cool people and be acquainted with everyone and also make some friends :)

Have a great time here on YWS and take care!

P.S. - Feel free to ask me any questions or for reviews. I'll be glad to help!

Murtuza
:)
It's not about the weight of what's spoken.
It's about being heard.

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:10 am
View Likes
creativityrules says...

Hey there!

I'm Rose! Welcome to YWS! I hope you like it here as much as I do. I'm positive that being on here will help you improve; it's helped me more than I can ever say!

If you've got any questions, please feel free to ask. I didn't know about the Welcome Mat when I first joined YWS, so I sort of had to explore the site on my own and figure things out. There are a lot of very cool people on here who will help you out with absolutely anything!

Happy writing!!

-Rose
“...it's better to feel the ache inside me like demons scratching at my heart than it is to feel numb the way a dead body feels when you touch it."

-Brian James

Nothing says criminal activity like strong bones. ;)
— Magebird