z

Young Writers Society

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:03 pm
MeganKat says...

Hey! I'm new here (obviously) and I thought I should start somewhere...so why not here? I've been on other writing sites, but I just wasn't satisfied so I've been lurking here for a teensy bit and I like it! I think I'm a really good reviewer, but I'm a little nervous to post my first review (forget my first work!); I don't want to seem to mean, or not helpful. Should I just dive right in?

I'm super excited to make some new writing friends! Online seems to be the best place to find those

247 Reviews

Reviews: 247
Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:29 am
Searria H. says...

Hello, MeganKat! Welcome to YWS! :elephant:

I'm Searria, but most people call me "Sea." Nice to "meet" you. ;)

Well, you've certainly ended up in the right place. I've been on a few other writing societies, and YWS is by far my favourite. Everyone here is really helpful and encouraging, and the site really has that "community" feel.

If you're nervous about reviewing, take a look at The YWS Critique Sandwich. It gives you a basic outline to get you started in the right direction. :D

Also, you can post a topic in the Will Review For Food forum. People can request review from you, and you can request reviews from other people. *breaks into song* It's the Ciiiirrrcle of Reviews!! *clears throat* Moving on, then.

So, I have a few very important questions.
:arrow: What's your favourite dessert?
:arrow: What genre do you like to write/read?
:arrow: Poetry or prose?
:arrow: What's your favourite colour?

I hope you enjoy the site. It's quite addicting. :D If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. :) Happy writing! :elephant:

-Sea-
'Let's eat Grandma!' or, 'Let's eat, Grandma!' Punctuation saves lives.

Reviews? You know you want one. :)

*Ribbit*

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:49 am
MeganKat says...

Oh yay! That's such a helpful and welcoming post, Sea! (I'm so excited about this "place")

To answer your questions, which are indeed quite important:
:arrow: My favorite dessert is frozen yogurt--I work at a frozen yogurt bar
:arrow: I write fiction short stories, and I'll read anything, usually fiction, but lately I've been getting into biographies and histories, and of course I dabble in romance (the fictional kind) as teenagers do
:arrow: Prose, but I like to say that my brand of prose--the kind I read, and aspire to write--is poetic, think Fitzgerald, Hawthorne, Faulkner,
:arrow: My favorite color is green

What about you?

167 Reviews

Reviews: 167
Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:55 am
confetti says...

Dive right on in - no regrets. Besides, no one's first review is anything superb. AND, welcome! I hope you enjoy it here.
"So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads."
— Dr. Seuss

Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain.
— Joseph Campbell