z

Young Writers Society

I just joined....

Random avatar

Reviews: 34
Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:56 pm
View Likes
kasimkaey says...

Right, so I've written a book, like probably all the people on here have. But I sent it to a total of 15 agents, and have got a crushing no from each of them. Don't get me wrong, they softened the blow with comments that I was quite imaginative and that I had to keep writing as I was only going to get better with time, but they also said that they didn't see themselves supporting me 100%. One of the agents gave me the link to this website, telling me that I should join and that it was going to help me. So far, I don't really know what to do.
I guess the only reason I joined this website was to ask some of you really intelligent people out there to help me, to read my book and tell me where I'm going wrong. Maybe to even help me edit it? I don't know. I guess I'm just confused and need quite a bit of help from people who know what they're doing.
Before you ask, the book can be considered as a sci-fi fantasy book? So for anyone that doesn't like reading those types of books, I don't think you'd be much help tbh. But anyone who does, and wants to help me, is more than welcome to email me at kasimkaey@live.co.uk.
Any help would be much appreciated.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:38 pm
View Likes
alabasterwolveness says...

Hey there hun! Names Randi or Alabaster. Which ever you want to call me. I have no problem helping you with your work, I like to review other's work and give good advice. If you ever need me to look at your work or start reviewing. Give me a message or post on my profile!

~Anyways, how are you? What kind of writing do you do? What made you start writing?~
Indeed I ask a lot of questions, haha, sorry about that. Welcome to YWS, we are all friendly here and our reviews are different. Some may be bad yes but there is always something to gain or something nice in them. For me, I write a review and I add everything a person said. But that doesn't mean its terrible, it is a good story. But, I can see things other's dont due to the fact my mom is a poet. I get the same thing at home from my mom that I do on here. She's the reason that got me into writing.
Yes I know, boring. =P Anyways, hope we can be good friends! Yes I know, weird but fair warning. Im random so be careful!! :smt003
~Thanks,
[]Randi (Alabaster) []
~Lady Death~
Down in the dark, alone at night. Bleeding and Torn... Broken in the light

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:49 pm
View Likes
Calligraphy says...

Hi kasimkaey! If you want a serious novel forum you should check out this Novel Workshopforum. Be sure to read the rules first. I know it has been a few days since you joined; do you like it so far? Is there anything you aren't sure about? If you ever have questions just give me a P.M. But you seem to be doing alright because I didn't even find the Welcome Matt forum for a few months; I wonder how I managed that. :smt017

See you around,

Calli

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:16 am
View Likes
EnchantedPanda says...

Hello kasimkaey,

Welcome to Young Writers Society :smt006! My I am DreamingForever but you can call me whatever you want :smt023! You've definitely come to the right place there are loads of awesome writing based features on here that you can use and there are so many other YWSers that you can meet and bond with.

Right, so I've written a book, like probably all the people on here have. But I sent it to a total of 15 agents, and have got a crushing no from each of them.
Wow, that's awesome and very impressive that you've dedicated yourself to writing a novel and i admire you for your perseverance. I'm so sorry though that none of the agents have said yes though. I think if you want to improve your writing skills or parts of your novel then the link that Calligraphy included will probably be the most helpful part of the site for you. I definitely recommend poking around that area.

Anyway I hope to see you around in the future and good luck with your novel and make sure you keep on writing, with practice all you can do is get better :smt040 !

From DreamingForever :smt020

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:44 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

Hello! :)

Don't worry about the rejections too much... at least they wrote back, right? Many people won't even do that. So, I know it hurts, but just pick yourself up, revise, and try better next time.

Welcome to YWS! :D
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Random avatar

Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:35 pm
View Likes
kasimkaey says...

@Calligraphy. Thank you for that link, I'm just going to go over there and check it out. Everyone on this site is so nice! Man, I wish some of my agents were like you guys, my book would be already published.
I'll be sure to contact you if I have any questions.

@DreamingForever. I know, you people are just amazing. I've had a look around the site (I don't get much time with college work and whatnot) and you people write so good! I thought my work was alright but compared to some on here, I can safely say I need to work on my work, no pun intended.
I actually wrote that book in 6 months, give or take a few days, so it's obviously in it's raw state right now. I guess I just need to edit it, I'll be posting some parts of it on here? So feel free to take a look if you want to.

@Snoink. Again, thank you. I know I shouldn't give up but the urge to is just so much. I mean 15 agents, really? That's so much and just overwhelming but, like I said, I'm going to edit and post on here.

I think I'm starting to like this site quite a lot. It might just take up a lot of my spare time. Spare time that I don't have, granted, but meh. Who cares.

Kasim.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:33 pm
View Likes
ArahAkachi1 says...

Welcome to Young Writers Society Kasim! A wonderful place where you will be able to post your poetry, novels, and short stories. Others will be able to review your work so that you can get better at writing and get less and less errors in your writing. I tell all the new people when you click My YWS, scroll down near the bottom and you will see the word of the week. Incorporate that into your writing to improve your vocabulary and your writing skills. Once again, Welcome to Young Writers Society!
~Arah~
Writing your name can lead to writing sentences. And then the next thing you'll be doing is writing paragraphs, and then books. And then you'll be in as much trouble as I am!

Random avatar

Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:15 pm
View Likes
kasimkaey says...

@Arah, thanks for the warm welcome! It's been a while but I think I've managed to get a good grip off this website and how it works. I actually have a lot of errors in my work that I haven't realised myself but people on here have pointed out I've already started to upload my novel (chapter 3 was uploaded just a while back) so take a look of you want to.

Kasim.

If writers wrote as carelessly as some people talk, then adhasdh asdglaseuyt[bn[ pasdlgkhasdfasdf.
— Lemony Snicket