z

Young Writers Society

Poetry Speaks, and Novels Sing

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:37 pm
View Likes
Skydreamer says...

I would just like to introduce myself. I am thewritersdream, I really enjoy writing through feeling and feeling through writing. I hope to have some wonderful conversations and improve on my writing skills, while sharing my own writing to the world. It is so good to be part of something like this. As a welcome gift to the site: here is a website that gives good tips on getting to know your characters (http://www.albertaromancewriters.com/index.html). Nice to be here :D. I would like you all to know that I believe poetry is a way to speak and books (novels) are ways to sing.
I believe in that, which is not seen.
I call it truth, faith, hope, life.

~~~~Sometimes life beckons us to be different~~~~

I used to be known as thewritersdream, but now my dreams have taken flight

233 Reviews

Reviews: 233
Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:24 pm
View Likes
Chirantha says...

Hi there, I'm C

Welcome to YWS. :D *Gives a jar of cookies*

First of all, I really love the topic you wrote for this. It's really unique and I did feel like I was going to read a story rather than an introduction.

I should tell you that, you'll be glad to have joined YWS as it's one of the best sites to improve your writing, plus you'll be among the friendliest people you'll find on the web. You'll really enjoy staying here and we are really glad to welcome you into this happy family of writers.

So, in YWS, there are several ways you can improve your writing, while helping others improve their's. We have a reviewing system here and when someone posts their work, a number of people review it, pointing out the flaws in the story, errors, places that need improve and they give a general overview of it. So, that's one way of improve yourself here.

Another is by reading the writing tips posted here. The tips posted there can immensely help you improve your writing, and by posting a tip, you can get point.

Oh! I almost forgot about points. So, when someone reviews something, or posts a writing tip, they get a certain amount of points. It's depends on the characters of the review. But a full review would get 50 points. If it was the first review of the work, then the reviewer would get 50 + 50% more points. If it's the second review, it would be 50 + 25% points. Don't worry about it too much. You'll get the hang of it.

Now, you said you wanted to have conversations with the other members. Well, for that, you can either visit the chatroom or you can visit the lounge to engage in some discussions with the other members.

Now, if you have any questions you can PM me, and I'll do my best to answer them. Also, you can PM the moderators (The green people) ;) and ask them any questions you have.

By the way, thanks for the site you mentioned. It seems extremely useful.

So, I hope you have fun here at YWS. :D

Good luck!

- C -
Warden: "If you want to lead, all you have to do is ask."
Alistair: "What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I'm stranded somewhere without any pants."
- Dragon Age

Need a review?

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:54 am
View Likes
Stori says...

Hello there, Writersdream! Since you were in chat recently, I'd just like to reassure you that it isn't always like that!

As C said, we're about the friendliest people on the web.

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:58 am
View Likes
Mikko says...

Hey there Writersdream! Welcome to YWS!

Just as C and Stori (who has been nicknamed Jorin on here because we're so evil friendly) have said, this is an amazing siet and I hope you like it here and enjoy yourself!

It's great to have another new enthusiastic member join the YWS family and we're glad to have you here! Have fun, kiddo ;)

HAPPY WRITING.

Peace,

- Mikko.
when she needs to shelter from reality she takes a dip in my daydreams

Stay gold, Ponyboy.
— S.E. Hinton