Young Writers Society

Hey everyone :)

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:59 pm
View Likes
DarkSparkle says...

Well, I'm new here, so just trying to be friendly :D
What can i say? I love reading and have found a new love for writing. I don't know if I'm any good but thought there is no harm in seeing what others think and improving.
I'm more of a story writer, but have tried poetry.
I love music. There is just no hope in me writing songs though; the lyrics come out wrong. It's just not going to happen! :wink:
I can be random at times and find all most anything hilarious.

:pirate3: I really like this smiley too! <3
"It always seems impossible until it's done." - Nelson Mandela

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:29 pm
View Likes
stevensmith05 says...

Heyyy
I just signed up to and i bet you are a good writer :pirate3:
What sort of story's do you write 8)

Steve x

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:53 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Hello to you both!

I hope you enjoy your time on the site. YWS is really focused on improving your writing, so coming here for that purpose is rather perfect. ;) A lot of us were readers turned writers, mostly to write something we wanted to read. Is that the case with you?

Hope to see you around! If you need anything or have any questions, feel free to PM me. :)

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:27 pm
View Likes
Lauren2010 says...

Welcome to YWS!

That's great that you found us to work on improving your writing! This is pretty much the best place for that. :) The majority of our members found YWS for the same purposes, and we have a great community built around improvement.

What sort of stories do you like to write? I'm also more of a story writer rather than a poet (I rhyme like a third grader xD), and I wouldn't even dare attempt lyrics haha!

Welcome again! If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a PM :)

-Lauren-
Got YWS?

Random avatar

Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:31 pm
View Likes
DarkSparkle says...

heyya :) thanks everyone, I'm pretty much finding my way around the site, but I will ask if I have any questions.

I'm not really sure what type of writing I would call it, just fiction! I jut write what ever ideas I think of, maybe things I would like to to read, I don't know :)

What type of writing do you all do?

Charlotte x

Random avatar

Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:38 pm
View Likes
DarkSparkle says...

Oh, just want to ask what are the points for? :) x

Random avatar

Reviews: 4
Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:05 am
View Likes
ingrid596 says...

Welcome newbie! I am officially also one too. I joined today recently and am scouring through this site for more adventure along each click of the mouse! I hope you've found a liking to Young Writers Society also!

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:09 pm
View Likes
Skydreamer says...

HI! I am new as well! Welcome! I hope you have lots of fun and check out as much as you can there are a lot of super friendly people here !!!!!!!!!
I believe in that, which is not seen.
I call it truth, faith, hope, life.

~~~~Sometimes life beckons us to be different~~~~

I used to be known as thewritersdream, but now my dreams have taken flight

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:58 pm
View Likes
MeganKat says...

Hello! I'm new too. Is it easy to make new friends? I'm pretty excited to do so!

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:37 pm
View Likes
Payne says...

Hello, everyone! *Waves* It's great to see new faces around here; I'm glad y'all have decided to join us!

@dark Sparkle: To answer your question, the points are mostly used for posting stories. It costs 100 points to post a story, but you can also donate points to other members, or use them to send gifts to people. To get points, you just have to review stories! A review has to be 250 characters to count, and you can get up to 50 points for a review. However, if you're the first to review, you can get up to 75. The amount varies on how much you write, but don't worry too much about it; it's quality of the reviews that count, not the size. :D

@MeganKat: Yep, it's pretty easy. The folks around here are quite friendly (some are a little crazy, but we are writers after all...), so I don't think you'll have any trouble. :D

Here's a topic with some questions and answers, if you're interested: topic54894.html

And if any of you would like a review on your work, just give me a holler. :D

See you around the site!
I aim to misbehave.

Is it weird in here, or is it just me? --Steven Wright

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:38 pm
View Likes
ArahAkachi1 says...

Welcome to Young Writers Society Dark! A wonderful place where you will be able to post your poetry, novels, and short stories. Others will be able to review your work so that you can get better at writing and get less and less errors in your writing. I tell all the new people when you click My YWS, scroll down near the bottom and you will see the word of the week. Incorporate that into your writing to improve your vocabulary and your writing skills. Once again, Welcome to Young Writers Society!
~Arah~
Writing your name can lead to writing sentences. And then the next thing you'll be doing is writing paragraphs, and then books. And then you'll be in as much trouble as I am!

Reviews: 1
Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:44 am
View Likes
LizzieCast says...

Welcome and Hello! I'm Lizzie. (: I'm a dork, absentminded and I trip a lot, and that's the gist of the things one should know about me. I'm not one of those people that realized I loved to write right away either, I didn't even realized I loved to read until middle school, but once I did I couldn't get enough of it. So I'm a proud reader turned writer. I'd love to review your work if you'd want some of my commentary. So Let me Know! Glad to Have You Here!
elizabeth castellano<3
forgive me my nonsense as I also forgive the nonsense of those who think they talk sense- robert frost <3

Random avatar

Reviews: 6
Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:36 pm
View Likes
crazedasian1 says...

First, let me say, welcome.

This site will help you with your writing tremendously and you'll have a great time writing and reading on here. I also love to write stories more than poetry, but this site can help us strengthen our poetry. Have fun!
We can aspire to anything, but we don't get it just 'cause we want it.' I would rather spend my life close to the birds than waste it wishing I had wings.
-Eli Attie

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:14 pm
View Likes
Mikko says...

Hey there DarkSparkle! I love your username! Well it looks like you've been given a warm welcome already and I'd like to welcome you too to YWS!

I hope you like it around here and that you get around easily. It's pretty easy once you get the hang of things so in no time you will be wandering the streets of YWS all on your own!It's great that you've joined this site because it will help you grow in your writing. Through reviews and tips, you can only keep on improving!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask around - we're nice people who don't bite and we're ready to help you around! There are all sorts of forums on this site that will help you out with not only your writing but helping you to make friends with others and enjoying your time on here.

Payne has already given you the link to the questions and answers thread but we've also got writing tips if you need any or if you have any.

There's also the Lounge where you can interact with the other members and have fun sharing with the rest of us.

What kind of things do you like to write, like what genre? What inspires you to write?

Is writing, for you, your hobby or is it something you want to do in the future for a living? In any case, you've come to the right place. Here you can make friends, share your creative pieces and grow in your writing!

I hope you enjoy yourself and that as you discover the site, you become as addicted as the rest of us!

Happy writing!

Peace,

- Mikko.
when she needs to shelter from reality she takes a dip in my daydreams

I have a Gumbie Cat in mind, her name is Jennyanydots; Her coat is one of the tabby kind,with tiger stripes and leopard spots.
— T.S. Eliot, Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats