z

Young Writers Society

Completely new... :)

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:58 pm
SlightlySenile says...

Hey, Joined on Saturday- due to friend's continuous nagging- owe him for it though :) Anyway- just wanted to say Hi and a little bit about my self.

Okay- I may be the clumsiest person to walk on this earth.
My music taste is so varied so I listen to has everything from Paramore to The Beatles to the Wicked soundtrack.
I am quite an awkward person- by that I mean I stutter when I get angry, make really bad jokes and can laugh for an eternity at a bad jokes just for the persons reaction when they realise they just told a bad joke.

My book taste- Everything- Except twilight (I tried to read the first one and just died about chapter 12)
TV- Not much I like- X factor nope. Strictly amuses me and I don't like soaps.
Hahahah- I also suck at first impressions - Clearly :P
Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.
Dr. Seuss

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:12 pm
View Likes
Nike says...

Hi, SlightlySenile! I'm Nike, a fellow Young Writer. How are you today? It's HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Since you're new, I can help you out with anything and everything. So if you want anything, just ask. I'm open for anything. Having new members join this amazing family of writers is just what we need :) Welcome to the YWS family!

Nike :)
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

233 Reviews

Reviews: 233
Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:19 am
View Likes
Chirantha says...

Hi there SlightlySenile, I'm C :D

Welcome to the wonderful site of YWS! *Hands a cookie*

You do owe your friend because this is one of the best sites in the internet. Why? Because this the best site that helps you in improving your writing and in giving you inspiration. Also, the people here will help you in whatever problem that you may come across in the site. So, it had been a pretty choice when you decided to join the site.

So, let me go over somethings that you may find useful.

Here in YWS, we follow a reviewing system. When a person writes something, poetry, prose, scripts, lyrics, etc, those posts are reviewed by other users. They give there comments, point out mistakes and areas that need improvement, what they liked or disliked about it, and just gives a whole overview of everything. This is the best way to improve yourself your writing. There are no specific people assigned to review. Anyone can review, but if you are gonna review, be sure to say something that will improve the post.

Also, the members here post writing tips that you can read to improve your writing. Those tips vary from poetry writing tips to overcoming writer's block. Be sure to read some of them up. :D

Ahh, you probably noticed that users here have stars and badges and all sorts of what-not. Well, I'll give a quick guide on those. Stars are earned when you have done a specific amount of reviews. I don't remember the exact value but, after reaching 250 reviews you get five stars. Then at 350, you get one blue star and four gold stars. Then at 450, two blue ones and three gold ones, and this continues. You get badges when you are nominated by several people for a particular badge. There's the Reviewer I, Reviewer II, Storybooker and Greeter. You can read about them here

Now, if you are feeling bored, you can visit the lounge to have some discussions with other members.

Here's my favourite part of the site. You may have noticed a tab called "Storybook RPGs" That's a place where you join an already created storybook, create a character and build up the story through your character. The plot varies as it gets twisted and turned by the other users. It's fun, as we get to see how the other people write, and how they shape their ideas to suit ours. Feel free to check it out.

Now, if you have any questions, you can PM me and I'll try my best to help you.

Good luck and have fun here at YWS. :D

- C -
Warden: "If you want to lead, all you have to do is ask."
Alistair: "What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I'm stranded somewhere without any pants."
- Dragon Age

Need a review?

18 Reviews

Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:40 pm
SlightlySenile says...

Thanks :P And Halloween! I had a good evening being a dead tourist! :P
Dr. Seuss

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:34 am
View Likes
Lava says...

Dude! Hi and welcome to YWS!

Yay Beatles fan! So, what do you like to write? Have you tried NaNoWriMo?

See you around!
Cheers!
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

18 Reviews

Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:26 pm
SlightlySenile says...

Yes! You actually can not beat The Beatles!
Umm- I'm sorry?

Thanks everyone has been really nice and I write Sci-fi-ish more supernatural ability :)
Last edited by SlightlySenile on Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dr. Seuss

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:28 am
MariaRowlands says...

Sup! I joined on the 2nd of November this year and that was only because the Government decided that Quizazz should be blocked :evil: (Forget the department of education! Jokes! LOL!). I have written about 4 stories on my Ipod Touch but havn't completed them at all! So yeah! Thanx for the warm welcome! :mrgreen: :smt003 :D :) :smt002 :smt001 :o :P 8)
May The Blood of my Enemies Flow Like Rivers to the Sea

Random avatar

Reviews: 4
Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:02 am
ingrid596 says...

WELCOME TO THIS GROUP!

18 Reviews

Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:54 am
SlightlySenile says...

Thank you :)
Everyone's been really nice :)
Dr. Seuss

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:02 am
Stori says...

I congratulate you on choosing such a bold user name. :D We're all slightly insane here, and suspect that all writers are.

18 Reviews

Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:31 pm
SlightlySenile says...

Thanks, I suppose they are :)
Dr. Seuss

My existence is political. And love is my statement.
— Kevin Abstract