z

Young Writers Society

Hey there

Random avatar

Reviews: 9
Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:28 am
dreamwriting2611 says...

So I'm new here. I'm trying to write a novel, a collection of short stories, and also a collection of poems. I have the collection of poems put together already and the novel is in the works. I am also a wattpad member but their comments aren't all that great. My newest story that I am working on is a mixture of fiction, non-fiction, and romance and it is titled, Last Kiss. A few things about me that I'll say right off the bat:

I have been bullied and so I am in the fight against it.
I am somewhat difficult to get along with because I have trust issues, but I am an easy person to talk to.
I have been writting since I was 7, maybe younger I can't remember.
I have a wonderful boyfriend of almost 9 months. His name is Ventura. (Our story is the non-fiction/romance part of Last Kiss).
I have some wonderful bffs, my bf included.
I am Indian (India), West Indian (Guyana), Polish, Irish, Italian, German and American. I was born in America.
I hope you all like my stories.
I hope I get a lot of followers on here.

Thank you for welcoming me :)
You are worth every breath that I breathe, every beat of my heart. I would give my last breath to tell you that I love you.

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:57 pm
Mikko says...

Hey there Dream Writing!! Welcome to YWS!
I hope you like it around here and that you get around easily. It's pretty easy once you get the hang of things so in no time you will be wandering the streets of YWS all on your own! It's great that you've joined this site because it will help you grow in your writing. Through reviews and tips, you can only keep on improving!

I’m terribly sorry about you getting bullied! I hope every thing is better now!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask around - we're nice people who don't bite and we're ready to help you around! There are all sorts of forums on this site that will help you out with not only your writing but helping you to make friends with others and enjoying your time on here.

We've got the questions and answers forum for any question you may have on how the site works or if you're encountering some difficulties. Here is a link to a place where ALL common questions are answered.

We've also got writing tips if you need any or if you have any.

There's also the Lounge where you can interact with the other members and have fun sharing with the rest of us.

I think it’s cool that you get inspiration from your boyfriend (and can I say I love his name? VENTURA is a brilliant name for a character and I wouldn’t mind using that for one of my characters ;D )

Is writing, for you, your hobby or is it something you want to do in the future for a living? In any case, you've come to the right place. Here you can make friends, share your creative pieces and grow in your writing!

I hope you enjoy yourself and that as you discover the site, you become as addicted as the rest of us!

Happy writing!

Peace,

- Mikko.
when she needs to shelter from reality she takes a dip in my daydreams

247 Reviews

Reviews: 247
Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:16 am
Searria H. says...

:smt039 Hey there, dreamwriting! Welcome to YWS! :elephant: I'm Searria, or Sea for short.

Mikko has given you a lot of great links to the site, but if you still find yourself making a right when you meant to take a left, you can get your own personal guide to take you around the streets of YWS from The Buddy System. We're always ready for new mentees! Your mentor will answer your questions, review your work, and introduce you to other members for a usual period of one month.

Well, I hope to see you around. If you have any questions, feel absolutely free to contact me. :D Happy writing!
-Sea-
'Let's eat Grandma!' or, 'Let's eat, Grandma!' Punctuation saves lives.

Reviews? You know you want one. :)

*Ribbit*

Reviews: 1
Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:16 pm
View Likes
darkrosesunsetpoetry says...

Hey, I've been there and back.
I also have MAJOR trust issues too, which is causing problems currently......
But I'd love to here how it turns out in your writing.
Have you ever noticed the people most in pain write some of the best pieces ever?
I am a poet, I am only 12 no matter what my information says, and I have a bf whose causing me issues along with an ex who wants me back. Just because I'm young, doesn't mean I can't date;)
I'm new and looking for people similar to me( if that's possible:) to talk to and share writing with.
:wink:

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:50 am
EnchantedPanda says...

Hello dreamwriting2611,

Welcome to young writers society :smt083 ! At first this site will look huge and at first you'll probably just keep getting lost but after a while you'll start to get used to how things work and sooner or later the young writers society bug will bite you and you'll become addicted like the rest of us!

I have been bullied and so I am in the fight against it.
Awww, poor you, I haven't been seriously bullied before but I do know what it's like and you must be so brave to be able to get through it. I hope everything has sorted itself out now and I really hope you don't encounter any more of those nasty people in the future, you definitely don't deserve it and those people are just mean.

Anyway Mikko and Sea seem to have covered everything else and you should defintiely check out some of the great links they have given you, they are really good for getting you started and everything else can usually be found in any of the drop down tabs at the top. If you have any more questions or you are looking for reviews when you first post then just PM me or post on my wall and I'll get back to you! Good luck and I hope to see you around the site.

From DreamingForever :elephant: :elephant: :elephant:

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:54 am
Blues says...

Hi!

I'm Mac. Nice to meet you!

How are you getting on so far? I do hope you're enjoying it here. It might seem like a huge site but like when you go to a new school, it's like it shrinks and you know where everything is.

Everyone else has pretty much covered everything, but in case you're wondering, the people in green are the moderators. They make sure the site is running well etc. They're also really friendly :D

There's so much to do here - write storybooks, review, chat, procrastinate, participate in review frenzies at the end of the month (review days), blog, join clubs and join word wars for NaNoWriMo on chat. I did that yesterday, it was incredibly fun :D

I'm sad to hear you're bullied. I was all through years 3 to 8 and I still get the occasional name-call or racist insult hurled at me, but it's improved a lot. You can talk to me if you want to discuss it, I really don't mind :)

So... what's your favourite genre to write? Read? Do you have any favourite authors or books? How did you find us? (I was considering Wattpad, but I didn't find the reviewing quality very good myself) Aaaannnndd...... SPOTS OR STRIPES!? XD It's on the cadbury chocolate adverts here in the UK. Some of us are a little bit crazy, so beware ;)

I hope to see you around soon! Feel free to ask any questions and spam me with a review request on the link below if you'd like your first review :)

Mac

You have been de-shenaniganed.
— WaffleCat