wonkaescape says...

hi :)
I'm new. Just saying hello :smt003

403 Reviews

Reviews: 403
Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:25 am
SmylinG says...

Hi, Wonka. :mrgreen:

No one has come to greet you yet? Allow me to do the honors. Welcome to the site! I hope you find your stay here at YWS a welcoming and fulfilling one. There's truly so much growing to be done as a writer when joining this site. I'm sure you'll benefit greatly as a writer in being here.

For the most part, the site operates pretty easily and self explanatory. Once you have a decent wander around that is. Though, if you happen to have any questions or are wondering how certain things work, you can feel to reach out to me with your questions. I'll happily answer them. Just post a comment on my wall or shoot a PM(private message) my way and I'll be sure to get back to you. This link here is also pretty handy for newcomers. Take a gander at it if you like. Or just feel free to go back to it for reference when a lost thought occurs.

Anyway, I hope you're liking the site so far. There's really a lot to love. Ask anyone around. xD Like I said before, feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions! Or if you're simply looking for a review on any new works you post. I'm pretty faithful upon following through with review requests. But yes, welcome again!

-Smylin'
Paul is my little, evil, yellow bundle of joy.

233 Reviews

Reviews: 233
Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:46 pm
Chirantha says...

Hi there Wonka, I'm C.

Welcome to YWS :D *Hands a cookie*

If you had a look around the site, you would have noticed that this is a uniquely created site with a community of friendly helpful writers. We help each and everyone in improving their writing skills by reviewing their working, by submitting writing tips and generally answering any questions that people might have. It's a very enjoyable site, so fair warning, you'll find your self hooked to it in no time.

Here in YWS, we have a buddy system. It's a system where an older (been here a while) user takes a new user under his/her wing and becomes a mentor to that user for a month. A mentor's responsibility is to answer any questions the mentee has, review his/her work and basically be a guide around the site (It's quite a huge site, so new people would definitely need some help in finding their way around) I can be your mentor if you want. Just PM me and I'll be at your side (figuratively :D) in a second.

Now, I'm not going to talk about each and everything on this site, but I have to point out the storybooks section. Here's where you make a character for a specific storybook that you've joined and plays a part in a storybook RPG where the plot is decided and twisted on the fly. It's pretty fun, so be sure to check it out.

Well, if you have any questions or want something to be reviewed, just drop me a PM and I'll do my utter best to answer/review them.

I hope you have fun on your stay at YWS.

Good luck :D

- C -
Warden: "If you want to lead, all you have to do is ask."
Alistair: "What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I'm stranded somewhere without any pants."
- Dragon Age

Need a review?

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:38 pm
Mikko says...

Hey there Wonka! Welcome to YWS!
Looks like a lot has been said already, but I still want to welcome you!
I hope you like it around here and that you get around easily. It's pretty easy once you get the hang of things so in no time you will be wandering the streets of YWS all on your own!It's great that you've joined this site because it will help you grow in your writing. Through reviews and tips, you can only keep on improving!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask around - we're nice people who don't bite and we're ready to help you around! There are all sorts of forums on this site that will help you out with not only your writing but helping you to make friends with others and enjoying your time on here.

We've got the questions and answers forum for any question you may have on how the site works or if you're encountering some difficulties. Here is a link to a place where ALL common questions are answered.

We've also got writing tips if you need any or if you have any.

There's also the Lounge where you can interact with the other members and have fun sharing with the rest of us.

What kind of things do you like to write, like what genre? What inspires you to write?

Is writing, for you, your hobby or is it something you want to do in the future for a living? In any case, you've come to the right place. Here you can make friends, share your creative pieces and grow in your writing!

I hope you enjoy yourself and that as you discover the site, you become as addicted as the rest of us!

Happy writing!

Peace,

- Mikko.
when she needs to shelter from reality she takes a dip in my daydreams

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:38 pm
craz33me says...

Hello,
I'm new as well.
Welcome. :)
"Love is a lot like playing the piano, at first you play by the rules, but eventually you begin to play by the heart."

Follow me on Twitter!
http://www.twitter.com/craz33me
Skype me! Geek33pikachu

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:07 pm
wonkaescape says...

Thank you everybody, people seem so welcoming on this site :)
I can't wait to begin using it more regularly

When something is broken, it can be fixed.
— Benjamin Alire Saenz, Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe