z

Young Writers Society

About me..

Reviews: 1
Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:54 am
ThatPsycho says...

My real name is Bethany, but I hate that name, so please call me Bethy. I am 14 years old and live in a very small, boring, rubbish town in Lancashire, England.

My hobbies include singing, listening to music, reading, writing, talking online and posting on forums. I absolutely adore music - the genres I listen to are metal and rock. My favourite band at the moment is Dimmu Borgir, but I also listen to Arch Enemy, Chthonic, Sinergy, Seether, Deftones, Evanescence and more. The books I read are mostly fantasy or supernatural, and occasionally realistic fiction, but I am hoping to broaden my horizons and try genres I haven't read much of before.

In real life I am very shy, awkward and nervous around people I don't know well. Luckily, though, I'm okay talking to people online. Also, I have low confidence and self esteem, and I can quite easily become very paranoid and self concious. My friends consider me funny and stuff, though. I don't have much of a social life - I rarely go out apart from going to school, but I do occasionally go out with friends. Not that often, but yeah. Hopefully this will improve soon; but if it doesn't, at least I still have the internet and my online friends..

I love gothic, punk and alternative clothing; piercings and crazy hair too - hence the profile picture with my green hair (which isn't green anymore - I need a new photo!). People sometimes label me as "goth", "mosher" and "emo", but I hate stereotypes - I think they are pathetic, and for people who feel the need to "fit in" to a certain category. So, I see myself as a human - not a label, category or stereotype.

I have never finished a novel before - when I was a lot younger, I wrote a short story and a book of short stories, but they were obviously not great and very embarrassing. There have been many times when I have started a novel and then decided not to continue writing it; usually either because I become unenthusiastic about the idea and start to find it boring, I don't know what to write or what should happen or I think of another idea which, at the time, seems better. I'm hoping sometime in the future I will keep on writing and actually finish a novel for the first time.

Anyway, I joined this website because I wanted to find a few websites where I can post my writing and recieve feedback so I can improve, talk to others about writing and maybe make a few friends and get help and advice with my writing if I need it. This website seems really good, so I'm sure I'll be able to do all these things here.

Thankyou for reading.

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:21 am
Dreamwalker says...

Welcome to the site! We're a pretty friendly bunch so I'm sure you'll get along just fine with everyone.

In any case, if you're looking for people who want to help and will give you great advice along the way, you've come to the right place for that. Most of us are pretty dedicated to the cause xD. That being said, we're generally quick to help if asked and, a greater portion of the time, help when not been asked.

Anyways, writing is our defining quality so if you like writing, you'll fit in just fine!

~Walker
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:13 pm
ThatPsycho says...

Dreamwalker wrote:Welcome to the site! We're a pretty friendly bunch so I'm sure you'll get along just fine with everyone.

In any case, if you're looking for people who want to help and will give you great advice along the way, you've come to the right place for that. Most of us are pretty dedicated to the cause xD. That being said, we're generally quick to help if asked and, a greater portion of the time, help when not been asked.

Anyways, writing is our defining quality so if you like writing, you'll fit in just fine!

~Walker

Thanks! That's great. :)

It seems like everyone is helpful and dedicated.. If I didn't like writing, I wouldn't be here. So yeah xD

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:00 pm
Emmzziee says...

I send a big cheesy grin over to you in Lancashire :D
Hello, I'm Emma, and I also live in a boring area in boring old England... But I LOVE Evanescence too! :D
I also love unusual hair.
I love your hair and I think that you sound totally unique and utterly yourself! :D
I love gothic, punk and alternative clothing; piercings and crazy hair too - hence the profile picture with my green hair (which isn't green anymore - I need a new photo!). People sometimes label me as "goth", "mosher" and "emo", but I hate stereotypes - I think they are pathetic, and for people who feel the need to "fit in" to a certain category. So, I see myself as a human - not a label, category or stereotype.

So true! :D

Welcome welcome to the Young Writer's Society! *bows*

Good luck,
Emmzziee
(:
I want to play a game.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:00 pm
ThatPsycho says...

Emmzziee wrote:I send a big cheesy grin over to you in Lancashire :D
Hello, I'm Emma, and I also live in a boring area in boring old England... But I LOVE Evanescence too! :D
I also love unusual hair.
I love your hair and I think that you sound totally unique and utterly yourself! :D

So true! :D

Welcome welcome to the Young Writer's Society! *bows*

Good luck,
Emmzziee
(:

Woo! :D
Hey Emma. Boring areas in boring England obviously aren't very exciting.. But awesome! I could tell that by your avatar though. I love Everybody's Fool! :D
Yes, unusual hair is quite amazing. Thanks :D

Yay, someone who agrees! :P

Thankyou so much, haha xD

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:40 pm
NotnotaGoogleBot says...

Strange; the first topic I click on reveals someone else from a rubbish town in Lancashire.

Hello, anyway

Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:13 pm
ThatPsycho says...

NotnotaGoogleBot wrote:Strange; the first topic I click on reveals someone else from a rubbish town in Lancashire.

Hello, anyway

Oh, you live in Lancashire too! :P

Hi.

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.
— Voltaire