z

Young Writers Society

Hellooo

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:15 am
talkingbird says...

Hello!
I love to write and have been since forever. When I grow up I really want to be a book editor and cinematographer. I love photography, especially my Holga, Polaroid, and 35mm. I also do a lot of watercolor and sketching.

My favorite books are Everything is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close (also by JSF), Tree of Codes (JSF, it's actually black out poetry), The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky, and Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson, and Catcher in the Rye by J.D Salinger, and Looking for Alaska by John Green.

My Favorite authors are Jonathan Safran Foer, Sylvia Plath (for poetry, still need to read the bell jar), Laurie Halse Anderson, and Dave Eggers (also a screenwriter).

My favorite Movies: Tetro, 500 Days of Summer, The Squid and The Whale, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Juno, American Beauty, Requiem For a Dream, Black Swan, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Somewhere, Lost in Translation, Away We Go (FAVORITE!), Garden State, The Room (worst movie EVER made, it's hilarious), The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, The Social Network, Blue Valentine, Up!, Chicago, Rent, Spirited Away, Once, and most things Tim Burton.
I disike James Cameron movies.

Favorite directors: Sofia Coppola, Daren Aranofsky, Tim Burton

Favorite designers: Miu Miu, Prada, Chanel, Missoni (and M by Missoni), Marc Jacobs and Marc by Marc Jacobs, YSL, Moschino, Paul and Joe, Bottega Veneta, Louis Vuitton, and Dior.
I love fashion but don't just follow trends. You don't follow trends, they're for getting inspired by. Style isn't putting all the popular trend items in one outfit, it's like my biggest pet peeve.

I love Death Cab for Cuties, and I also love obscure and indie music like Eux Autres, Little Joy, The Smiths, The Shins, Lykke Li, and etc...

I'm obsessed with my grades and am kind of a lazy perfectionist. Like things really bother me, and I feel like I need everything to be perfect... but I never actually do anything about it.
I also really want to go to Columbia for film and writing.

These quotes describe me perfectly (all by Sylvia Plath):

"I am still so naive; I know pretty much what I like and dislike; But please, don't ask me who I am. A passionate, fragmentary girl, maybe?"

"What horrifies me the most is the idea of being useless: well-educated, brilliantly promising, and fading out into an indifferent middle age."

"I felt very still and empty, the way the eye of a tornado must feel, moving dully along in the middle of the surrounding hullabaloo."

"Can you understand? Someone, somewhere, can you understand me a little, love me a little? For all my despair, for all my ideals, for all that - I love life. But it is hard, and I have so much - so very much to learn."

I'm terrified of outer space, sometimes i get social anxiety, I consume way too much caffeine, I drink my coffee black, I love tea, I like buying gifts for people, tights, analogue photography, my record player, shopping, cities in the winter, nail polish, anddd.... my favorite color is red!

That was wayyy longer than it needed to be but I also love making lists.
"I am still so naive;
I know pretty much what I like and dislike;
But please, don't ask me who I am. A passionate, fragmentary girl, maybe?

-Sylvia Plath

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:58 pm
Priceless says...

Spirited Awayyy!!!!! I love that movie; it's amazing. :D :D I actually named my cat Haku, but when she turned out to be a girl, I named her Hakuna. Oh well.

Prada and Chanel!! Awesome. :)

Like things really bother me, and I feel like I need everything to be perfect... but I never actually do anything about it.

I know how you feel! OMG I thought that was just me. It's like I love neat and tidy rooms and stuff, but it seems like if a room is too messy it overwhelms me and I just give up.

Welcome to YWS! :) It's an awesome site, for getting reviews and messing around and making friends at the same time. Maybe you'd like to join some clubs? Great way to make friends. So just let me know if you need a review or have a question or anything, 'kay? Have fun!!
We're all a little weird. And life's a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.

Reviews: 3
Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:48 pm
limaswork22 says...

Hello nice to meet you. Its good to see someone else thats new. I like your work so far. I cant wait to see more.
REMEMBER ALL OF OUR TIMES TOGETHER

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:20 pm
youngwolf1105 says...

Hi, I'm new too! But I don't think we're into a lot of the same stuff.
We were made to corageous,
We're taking back the fight.
We were made to be corageous,
And it starts with us tonight.

And the only way we'll stand,
Is on our knees with lifted hands.
Make us corageous,
Lord make us corageous. - Casting Crowns

you should no this
— Hijinks