Young Writers Society

So the ducks says to me, he says...

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:13 am
PlasticStarlight says...

Ello, Ello, Ello.
What do we have here?
Why a little bit o'randomosity! Yes, just some unscripted info about myself.

I'm a writer. I write, it's what I do.

That's the most important thing to remember.

I've been a storyteller most of my life. It was this compulsion that lead me to decide that this was how I wanted to live. Well, that and the fact that I detest capitalism. Seriously, all this working for others to earn very little money that you never get to spend because you are working to earn money- it's stupid. So I write. I have a few books in the works. I don't know how they'll evolve.
I favor the kind of books that were written in generations before. Sartre,Hesse, McCullers,Salinger, Poe; I love stories about people, the human condition, things that will rip your heart out because they are so honest and beautiful. I'm also a fan of old movies, basically for the same reason.
There are some modern books I enjoy as well, such as anything by Markus Zusak. He has this amazing ability to take a soul and put it to paper in such a way... I can't even explain.
Sort of like... Have you ever read a book that has affected you so deeply that even when you were finished, you couldn't put it down. Or have you ever been reading a book where you think about the characters even when you are not reading the book. Or how about a book that actually changed the way fundamentally look at the world. I want to be a part of that, not just on the receiving end.

What else can I tell you? Hmm.
I live near the ocean, but I haven't always. I love it, it's like being in a whole different reality, the animals, the climate, the attitude.
I have two dogs, my best friend the dingo, and my rescued retard. I also have a fish.
He is a betta.
His name is Max
No one gets the joke. :(
I love a good scare.
I love a well placed pun.
I don't have one ready, I also appriciate irony.

anything else jsut drop me a message.
Who are we, but the stories we tell.

556 Reviews

Reviews: 556
Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:25 pm
ziggiefred says...

Hey, hello!
So you're a 100? interesting. Wow, you are so passionate about books and reading. I never feel that way about reading, only music. You also have quite a selection of reads, that's quite unique. So what kind of genre are you primarily interested in; and have you been published?
The best is what you make it!

...eh, need a review? Click me!

I will not condemn you for what you did yesterday, if you do it right today.
— Sheldon S. Maye