Young Writers Society

So the ducks says to me, he says...

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:13 am
PlasticStarlight says...

Ello, Ello, Ello.
What do we have here?
Why a little bit o'randomosity! Yes, just some unscripted info about myself.

I'm a writer. I write, it's what I do.

That's the most important thing to remember.

I've been a storyteller most of my life. It was this compulsion that lead me to decide that this was how I wanted to live. Well, that and the fact that I detest capitalism. Seriously, all this working for others to earn very little money that you never get to spend because you are working to earn money- it's stupid. So I write. I have a few books in the works. I don't know how they'll evolve.
I favor the kind of books that were written in generations before. Sartre,Hesse, McCullers,Salinger, Poe; I love stories about people, the human condition, things that will rip your heart out because they are so honest and beautiful. I'm also a fan of old movies, basically for the same reason.
There are some modern books I enjoy as well, such as anything by Markus Zusak. He has this amazing ability to take a soul and put it to paper in such a way... I can't even explain.
Sort of like... Have you ever read a book that has affected you so deeply that even when you were finished, you couldn't put it down. Or have you ever been reading a book where you think about the characters even when you are not reading the book. Or how about a book that actually changed the way fundamentally look at the world. I want to be a part of that, not just on the receiving end.

What else can I tell you? Hmm.
I live near the ocean, but I haven't always. I love it, it's like being in a whole different reality, the animals, the climate, the attitude.
I have two dogs, my best friend the dingo, and my rescued retard. I also have a fish.
He is a betta.
His name is Max
No one gets the joke. :(
I love a good scare.
I love a well placed pun.
I don't have one ready, I also appriciate irony.

anything else jsut drop me a message.
Who are we, but the stories we tell.

556 Reviews

Reviews: 556
Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:25 pm
ziggiefred says...

Hey, hello!
So you're a 100? interesting. Wow, you are so passionate about books and reading. I never feel that way about reading, only music. You also have quite a selection of reads, that's quite unique. So what kind of genre are you primarily interested in; and have you been published?
The best is what you make it!

...eh, need a review? Click me!

More than anything she wanted the world to be uncomplicated, for right and wrong to be as easily divided as the black and white sections of an Oreo. But the world was not a cookie.
— Roshani Chokshi, Aru Shah and the Tree of Wishes