z

Young Writers Society

hi!

Reviews: 0
Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:25 pm
jrauthorintraining says...

So i never really got a chance to tell people about myself....My name is Katherine I live in the United States and I love to write! But thats not all I like to do, my summer is always filled with sports like surfing, horseback riding, figure skating, and swimming! I just started surfing at the end of last summer but now I <3333 it! Horseback riding I have been doing for 6 years now but only 4 years competitively. Figure skating I recently stopped doing, I think you need to know that i'm 5 foot 6 and that means I had to kiss my figure skating dreams goodbye! No more huge flips n stuff! Oh well...Swimming I only did one year competitively but I still swim every summer at the beach and in the pool no matter how cold the water is!...no seriously I swam in 50 degree water last week in Long Beach Island NJ, thats where my beach house is. I am in 7th grade, and I want to apply to the Notre Dame High School in NJ next year. My favorite book is the City Of Bones, favorite movie - soul surfer, favorite thing to write about - Fiction writing, and I also take in interest in art ( drawing and photography ) So thats a little bit about me! Thanks for reading! If anyone did read this far?? Haha bye! :D

BTW: I always LOOVVEE to be in a happy mood....just thought u should know, I like to cheer people up the best I can and keep myself strong and happy with my life....I think i'm doing alright :) :smt002

SMILES: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :x :P :evil: :twisted: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :pirate3: :pirate2: :smt004 :smt003 :smt002 :smt001 - cute <3

482 Reviews

Reviews: 482
Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:52 pm
View Likes
Ranger Hawk says...

What sort of competitive horseback riding do you do? I've always wanted to try endurance racing, and hunter/jumper looks like a lot of fun, too. :D
There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people:
psychopaths and mystery writers.

I'm the kind that pays better.
~Rick Castle

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:41 pm

I have entered hunters devision most of my life but FINALLY i am qualified for jumpers which is jumps in the ring, you can make your own course, ride as fast as you can and you get a certain amount of points for each one ( depending on the hight, it starts at 3 feet ) I show at DVHA ( Delaware Valley Horsemen's Association ) mostly during the summer, and a few "A" ranked shows if Im excepted at Heaven's Gate Farm. I encourage you to try it!!! It is my passion and I couldn't be happier with what I do. Some people think its pointless because they say the horse does ALL the work, so its nice 2 know that someone disagrees :D hope that helped?? You can always ask me any more questions u have :)

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:40 am
tigershark17 says...

How old do you have to be to compete? Is there a point at which you are too old?
Behind every impossible achievement is a dreamer of impossible dreams.
--Robert Greenleaf

Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:08 pm

Umm well not all of it is based on age but on experience but you do have to be a certain age for each group of competing, plus they might be different? Like where I show may have different age groups than you do? But at DVHA its lead line ( not sure when u can start i think around 5, mini stirrup is around 7 or 8 short stirrup, long stirrup, then beginner rider equestrian and beginner hunter. Those last two vary between any age adult and child. Ummm......Then its hunter ( you have to be at lest 13 to enter the next fallowing groups. Also when you are 13 you cannot go back to any of the devisions listed before ) Hunter is jumping up 2 2 feet and then jumpers which is jumping up to 3 feet ( thats what I am entering this summer ) and thats all i remember :) So like I said wherever you compete might be different but thats what its like at DVHA :)

Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:19 pm

And they have adult classes so I think there is no age limit for the adult class?????? Not sure about that one!

Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
— Mark Twain