z

Young Writers Society

The Return of the Monki

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:16 am
View Likes
Monki says...

Well, I have been a YWSer for about three and a half years. I was practically addicted to this place for the first two years, but then life got in the way. I started high school in '09 and, at the same time, started college as well (through a program called "Dual Enrollment"), so I've been irritatingly busy! But, it is most definitely paying off because I will obtain my Associate in Arts degree after this summer and will be working toward my Bachelor's degree. I will be a senior in high school starting in August, but I have all of my high school credits, so I'm going to attend a local college full-time (while still technically "enrolled" in my high school) and still graduate with my high school class - class of 2012! :) Haha. Long, complicated story, as you can probably tell. Anyway, I hope to attend University of South Florida after I graduate high school and ultimately obtain my Doctoral degree and become a professor of English or psychology. Enough about my education and nerdy-ness!

In addition to being a major nerd, I have also been working at a law firm part-time for the past few years, and I have begun volunteering at my old elementary school and with special education students at my high school. I keep a busy schedule, but my Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder allows me to handle it very well. I'm not going to lie though... Sometimes, I go a little crazy trying to juggle eight high school classes, five college classes per semester, my job, a dance class, and volunteering. Some might say I have a little too much on my plate, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

So, I have been writing for as long as I can remember - probably since I was about five, if I had to guess. I started with reading at age two, and the writing came not long after that; ever since then, anything I can get my hands on with words and an interesting premise is quickly devoured. Not so much lately since I've been so busy... but, I'm working on getting back in the game, so to speak. :)

I'm going to be honest here: I haven't written anything that is not school-related in a very, very long time. I couldn't even tell you the last time I wrote something just to write. I'm probably going to need a few encouraging nudges here and there, guys, so don't hesitate to do so. I get easily discouraged, but I have never once forgotten my roots: reading and writing.

Guess I'm going to go attempt to write something before I fall asleep tonight. :) Feel free to message me, or respond here, or ask me a question. Whatever floats your boat!

(You could also e-mail me at myawn@edison.edu if you prefer to e-mail versus PM or otherwise.)
Tom Riddle: "You read my diary?"
Harry Potter: "At first, I did not know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad, handwritten book."

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:59 am
View Likes
Stori says...

Consider yourself nudged. Welcome back, Monki.

You are all the colours in one, at full brightness.
— Jennifer Niven, 'All the Bright Places'