z

Young Writers Society

me *smiles and bows*

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:49 am
Bronco says...

Hi everyone,
thought I'd introduce myself. My name is James H, though my friends commonly call me Jimmybug. One of my friends, a gal by the ominous username of Boni Bee, recommended this corner of cyberspace to me so here I am. Thanks Bon you did a good deed. I'm 18 and live somewhere in Australia, I think. I've been homeschooled all my life and quite enjoy writing. I'm into factual essays on interesting topics. Mostly war, history, and personal interests. Apparently I can also write a bit of poetry, though most of it is meritless nonsense! I'm known among some of my friends as a crazy versifier who will attempt to put rhyme into totally innapropriate events, and unfortuantely for them even try to put a tune to it. No-one seems ready to recommend me for the ACM, so I guess I'll stick with an occasional appropriate ditty. If I can, that is.

I'm a pretty keen harmonica player, and one of my dreams is to be rated among the world's top ten although I think that will be a long way off. Harp is often known as kid's play, however that is only the un-initiated view. A good harmonica player is as good a musician as anyone. Anyway you didn't want to know that. I'm also into horses etc, but I have yet to write some romantic poem about a cowboy and cowgirl riding off into the sunset. I'd rather stick with the real business of riding rather than writing about it. I've also done lots of stupid stuff on my dirtbike, such as having 7 *cough cough* crashes in one day.

Yeah that's kinda me, if you wanna know more you must be really whacky like I am. :P

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:55 am
Areida says...

Welcome!

Boni_Bee is cooooool... Anyway, welcome to the YWS, partner! (And I'm totally allowed to say that because I live in Texas and I love to mock the hicks in my state from time to time) I'm Areida, but feel free to call me Ari... I'm on all the time, so feel free to PM me or another member of Big Brother (the mods and admins and such) if you need any help.

See you around! :mrgreen:
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:04 am
View Likes
kiashana says...

...Actually, being in the top ten harmonica players in the world would be pretty awesome. In a really odd way, I guess. Anyway, welcome!

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:04 am
View Likes
Caligula's Launderette says...

Welcome hon!

Around here I go by CL or Cal, and feel free to PM me for anything...

but I have yet to write some romantic poem about a cowboy and cowgirl riding off into the sunset.

- neither have I. I think that's a good thing... :D

Adios fellow horse person.

CL
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

15 Reviews

Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:56 am
Bronco says...

areida07 wrote:Welcome!

Boni_Bee is cooooool...

I'm not a big fan of the word cool but I agree with you 8)
thanks for the welcome everyone

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:02 am
View Likes
Areida says...

I'll make a mental note. How about Boni's nifty? Or really awesome? Or fun? Or just plain great?

:D
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:01 am
antigone says...

I used to play harmonica. I kinda... stopped though. But that's cool! And welcome.
:frosty:
A snowman for the poor deprived australian. :)
Siempre, siempre: jardin de mi agonia,
tu cuerpo fugitivo para siempre,
la sangre de tus venas en mi boca,
tu boca ya sin luz para mi muerte.

-From 'Del amor imprevisto', Federico Garcia Lorca

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:12 am
Meshugenah says...

have yet to write some romantic poem about a cowboy and cowgirl riding off into the sunset

you scared me with that.. but another recuit! hehe, Boni's doing good work, then. welcome, and if ya need anything, feel free to ask, but since you have Boni, might just be easier to ask her, ne?

History and wacky = eh.. well, I'm not sure. but I've been called nuts (multiple times, but mostly by crysi, and she's biased.. she's one o' ze mods, watch out for her ;), from someone who's know her too long), and I like ot ramble.

history.. music.. self-proclaimed wacko.. likes writing.. yep. you'll fit in just fine.

I shall now shut up, as I am know to ramble ad infinitium, so there's your warning. anyhoo, welcome again, and I would say get posting, but one, I have no room to talk, and two, you already have!
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

Random avatar

Reviews: 44
Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:29 pm
blob says...

i am blob , the own a pencil and a chewed piece of bubblegum. i welcome you into this little oasis for young writers. c u rnd
From palistine and proud of it

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:21 pm
*Twilight* says...

Welcome, Bronco! I too, am homeschooled. I have been for five years and I love it. It would be cool to be on the top ten list but, that takes a lot of work so anyone who is that dedicated to do so, must be a worker.
Hire people to crit your work! Get paid to crit other people's work!
The YWS crit shop: forum/viewtopic.php?t=8018

15 Reviews

Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:06 am
View Likes
Bronco says...

Meshugenah wrote:
have yet to write some romantic poem about a cowboy and cowgirl riding off into the sunset

you scared me with that.. but another recuit! hehe, Boni's doing good work, then. welcome, and if ya need anything, feel free to ask, but since you have Boni, might just be easier to ask her, ne?

History and wacky = eh.. well, I'm not sure. but I've been called nuts (multiple times, but mostly by crysi, and she's biased.. she's one o' ze mods, watch out for her ;), from someone who's know her too long), and I like ot ramble.

history.. music.. self-proclaimed wacko.. likes writing.. yep. you'll fit in just fine.

I shall now shut up, as I am know to ramble ad infinitium, so there's your warning. anyhoo, welcome again, and I would say get posting, but one, I have no room to talk, and two, you already have!

hmm why did that scare you? Anyway you look like the kind of rambling person I'd get along with. :p :wink:

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:01 am
View Likes
Boni_Bee says...

:oops: *hides behind a book*

....Welcome, Jimmybug! I think you'll enjoy YWS....
Well, you know me, so I won't bother introducing myself...lol
Yeah, being in the top ten Harmonica players would be something! It is an unusual instrument.

P.S. Why is my name ominous?

15 Reviews

Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:16 am
View Likes
Bronco says...

oh, it's not really...

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:02 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

Bronco, thats a really cool nickname. I'm Griffinkeeper, but everyone seems to call me Grif. I'm also one of the helpful mods here on YWS, so if you need anything, send me a PM. By the way...
*Deletes a double post.*

Much better.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:25 pm
zell says...

hey bronco my names robb but you can call me zell cause i just like it more than my name

"I'd be a quote vigilante. A literary Batman. Someone had better be quoting me now!"
— Feltrix