z

Young Writers Society

New fantasy Author

Reviews: 0
Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:36 am
AWJO224 says...

I'm Anthony Jones and I was born on October 2nd, 1991 in Corbin Kentucky. During my childhood, my mom and dad got a divorce and mom started drinking heavily. My sister and I woke up one morning to find that she was not there. For a week we stayed with our grandparents and for nearly a week we heard nothing. I cried every night and assumed she was dead.

Then we got a call from a family member who had spoke with her. My mom had run away to Michigan and was staying in some hotel. My grandparents went to get her and that very week, we all went to court so that they could get custody of us. They succeeded and we began living with them. My mom began to quit drinking and my grandparents allowed us to go and live with her again. She got back custody and months later, she began drinking again. Once again, she messed up and we were back over at our Grandparents house. They took custody again and there we lived.

My mom would come and live with us for a few months and then she would be gone when we woke up, without a word said. Over and over I was let down and could never let go. But then she quit drinking for real when I was a freshman in high school. My sister and I talked to her and built up a relationship. I found out that she loved to write and had written a few books herself, thought she didn't get them published. I read some of her work and was inspired.

During my sophomore year of high school, an idea of a book came to me. I began writing it down and never told a soul, other than my mother. It was a fantasy novel about a sixteen year old boy named Titus who finds a stone that renders control over fire and water. He finds out that only he and the evil king can use the stone, which makes him destined to defeat the powerful man and take back the land for the people. He is set on a journey with the man who raised him along with a family friend. They go to a place where he can learn to use the stone.

Along the way he meets Corrin and Kyra who join the journey and help him uncover secrets. They all find out that defeating the king will be much harder than what they had expected and there is much more to the stone than what they had thought. Secret's about Titu's heritage are revealed and his life will change forever.

I soon turned nineteen. As I wrote, ideas kept on creeping up on me until I had so many, I had to add them into a book. The story was to be told in one book and soon was changed into two books. It is now in three books making it a trilogy. Today, the first book called Blue Destiny is going through publication and shall be available to buy online within a couple of days. A couple of weeks ago, I 'came out' and told all of my friends that I was getting a book publish. They were so surprised and never saw it coming. Today I am so scared that my book will not succeed and I will look like a failure to my friends. I hope for success more than anything. I pray everyday that my book will do well, and I believe it will.

770 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 770
Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:06 am
borntobeawriter says...

Good luck!

Tanya

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:08 pm
Stori says...

I was born in 1991 as well.

Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:19 am
AWJO224 says...

Were you born in October???

Random avatar

Reviews: 33
Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:30 am
MoonlightAssassin says...

I have to say, your story has inspired me greatly. I came up with the idea for my own story, Shade, in August last year. I have so far written 120 pages. I have the same fears of it not being successful... However, I am very impressed that you managed to get yours published! Are you self-publishing or did you go through a publisher? If so, who? I am aspiring to be where you are now, and I wish the best for your book. Perhaps I'll find it and check it out! =]
Come visit the ReviewIn'!
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic75873.html

lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:24 pm
AWJO224 says...

Thank you. I got it published by PA. After I signed the contract, I looked them up and I didn't really like what I saw, and it scared me. But they have done a great job so far. What is your idea about. Is it fantasy?

Random avatar

Reviews: 33
Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:11 am
MoonlightAssassin says...

It's a good thing that they've done well so far, then!
Oh, and my book is partially fantasy, partially gay romance. :mrgreen:
Come visit the ReviewIn'!
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic75873.html

"I think; therefore, I am."
— RenĂ© Descartes