z

Young Writers Society

Hi!

Random avatar

Reviews: 37
Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:47 pm
mim says...

Hi i'm mim and i've only just joined this site and I think it's amazing already and I'm not even used to it yet! Any way just thought i'd formally introduce myself so here goes - I'm a scouser (Liverpudlian) and I'm called mim (weird name I know but it's a really good conversation starter!) Ta Ta for now! x
*likle mim*

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:57 pm
Firestarter says...

Heya! Glad you enjoy the site. I've only been here a couple of days and I think it's great too.

Scouser eh? I'm a Manc, but don't shoot me yet! My family is from Liverpool originally, and I support Liverpool FC. So unless you're an Everton supporter, I'm sure we'll get along fine.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:05 pm
Nate says...

I'm guessing soccer/football rivalries? The best we got where I live is the "rivalry" between the Washington Redskins and Dallas Cowboys (American football), and that rivalry kinda stinks. Of course, the one between the Boston Red Sox and New York Yankees beats anything that the rest of the world has!

Anyways, welcome to the site! I'm glad to see you like it thus far and I certainly hope that you only come to like it more :)

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:10 pm
Firestarter says...

Yeh football rivalry. The best we got in Britain is probably Glasgow Celtic and Glasgow Rangers, cos that's based mainly on religion and can get pretyy rough at times. In terms of actual footballing competition rivalry, Liverpool and Manchester United is pretty intense. Heard about that baseball rivalry though. If only baseball wasn't so boring, I might care :P
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:46 am
Elelel says...

Here (australia) our fooball (aussie rules) gets a little tense. During the footy season, South Australia rips itself to shreds over the two SA teams.
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:45 pm
moon jumper says...

Hey I'm moon jumper and if you need anything at all just PM me!

~jumper
Writing once a day keeps the voices away, and I've created a blog all about it: Daily Dose.
...and I'm now trying to create a user group based on the idea! Tell me if you're interested!

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:51 pm
Nutty says...

Sports, eh? Well I'm a New Zealander from the land of Kiwis and the rugby/cricket rivalry between us and the Aussies can get pretty big. Though I must admit, it's fairly friendly. As I have described it before, Australia's like our big brother that likes to keep our egos in check, and we are the little brother who has something to prove ^^
Okay! Enough rambling about sport rivalries. I'm Nutty, or Chey if you prefer, and welcome to YWS! Be sure to check out the rules under help and support. ^^
So, tell us about yourself. What interests do you have? Your fav genre?
Anyway, make sure you have fun. ^^

-Nutty
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:20 pm
Rosendorn says...

Canada is a hockey country. I know my city's team, but don't ask me anything else.

Welcome!

The two main rules:

1- Review two works before posting any of your own. That keeps things in balance, and people who you give reviews on are likely to check out your work. You could also ask one of the purple named people. They're insrcuters, and their job is to give a detailed critique. For reviews, you could also check out the
Will Review for Food subforum.

2- Minimize chat-speak. Some abbriviations are alright, but try to have proper grammar, spelling and caps.

Other then that free range! This place is super fun and feels like a second home very quickly.

PM me if you need anything!
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:03 pm
Demeter says...

Ta Ta, mim!

Okay, I know nothing about football or any sports, really, except for dancing. So unfortunately I can't join in your conversation.

But I can welcome you, and that's what I'm going to do and am doing right now! Welcome!

Have fun and PM me anytime. See you around!

Demeter xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:28 am
JabberHut says...

Hey, mim!

How's YWS treating you? :wink:
I make my own policies.

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:25 am
LilyJamey says...

Ello, mim. Yeah, mim is an odd name.

Football. I use to support Juventus when I was little.. Not much of an EPL fan. And there isn't a lot of football interest in my country. Somehow, my country just isn't good at it. Our badminton isn't too bad, though, but I don't play.

Hope you love YWS as much as I do. Heh.
Got YWS?

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:47 am
Meshugenah says...

Loves? Check the date ^^ this is from 2004.

*locked*
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

Don't be pushed around by the fears in your mind. Be led by the dreams in your heart.
— Roy T. Bennett