z

Young Writers Society

The Walkin Dude's Travels (Ask me Questions)

123 Reviews

Reviews: 123
Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:51 pm
TheWalkinDude says...

Howdy, y'all! What's hap'nin'? I'm TheWalkinDude, otherwise known as Zac! I live to learn and learn to live. Survival's the name of the game, and I play it well. If you ever get lost in the wilderness, just give me a call and I'll let ya know where to go! Haha!

Anyways, like the title says, this is a place for my travels. You can ask me whatever question you like about anything in my life. I tend to have few qualms over the type of questions I'm asked, so feel free to let loose. No really stupid questions, though. Unless it's funny. Now, what're you waitin for? A monogrammed invitation? Get writing!
I'm striving to be the Architect of the Apocalypse, Master of the Massacre, Ruler of the Rapture, and the Führer of the Fatal.

"It is the tale, not he who tells it." --Stephen King

Take THAT, society!

239 Reviews

Reviews: 239
Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:27 am
MeadowLark says...

Zac! Never met you, but it's nice! I'm Meadow.

You know, I've always wanted to be a travelling bum when I grew up. Unfortunately, my love for horses [and the fact that I own two] produces a barrier to that dream :( One day, eh?

So, do you like traveling? I'm only assuming so by your name xD I love being on the road [which you probably realized by the comment I made above ^.] I've traveled almost the whole province that I'm from and most of the neighboring provinces.

Random questions! What's your favourite animal? What music do you listen to? What's one of your favourite books and movies?

I'll leave it there.

Meadow
Purple light in the canyon
that is where I long to be
With my three good companions
just my rifle, pony and me

--- "My Rifle My Pony and Me"

123 Reviews

Reviews: 123
Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:22 am
TheWalkinDude says...

Howdy, Meadow! Nice to hear from someone! Especially someone as like minded as myself. And, just so you know, I do actually plan on traveling (by foot) across my country. All my friends know my plan and I'm sure most of them are sure that I can make it, being a survival expert (well, okay, not expert, but I'd be able to handle my own rather well), a boy scout, a tough skinned person, and just an all around easy person to get along with. I plan on writing about my travels and sending these kind of journal entries to magazines so then people learn about me (I'll go by "Hobo Jack" then) and then when I get back, I'll get everything together and publish a book about my travels on foot, the whole purpose being to remind people of our history, how the world (and even my country, more importantly, sorry) came to be through people known as hobos or walkers. People settled land by walking. I live in Oklahoma, land of the red man, and many years ago we had something called the Land Rush. Quite literally, hundreds of thousands of people lined up, ready to stake land, and waited for someone to yell "Go!" so then they could run and stake their land where ever they wanted. Pretty narly, right?

I have nothing really tying me back besides my music, my education, and my books. I love all three of these, and would find any one of them hard to give up. I definitely plan on going to college for something great (thinking about history, sociology, psychology, something like that) and all that, and I plan on still playing the saxophone ten years from now (hopefully tons better and famous for it) and, of course, I know that I'll have read most of the books in every library around.

My favorite animal would have to be the ferret. Anything in the family of the mustelid, really. Weasels, minks, ferrets, badgers. They're all cool to me. I listen to a lot of metal, screamo stuff and classic rock, alternative rock, jazz and R&B, anything with a harmonica or saxophone, Frank Sonatra, Hootie and the Blow Fish, Techno (I do love to rave) and some hip hop and rap. One of my favorite books would have to be Alas, Babylon by Pat Frank. It's about a town in Florida in the time of the Cold War that survives an attack from Russia. America is bombed to all heck with nukes and A-bombs, but this little town just happened to be in the right place, because it managed to survive and live. I also happen to like Dante's Inferno a lot. Good book. My favorite movie is Stand By Me, which is based on the short story The Body by Stephen King. I also like Creepshow, which was written by Stephen King as well, and A Boy and His Dog.
I'm striving to be the Architect of the Apocalypse, Master of the Massacre, Ruler of the Rapture, and the Führer of the Fatal.

"It is the tale, not he who tells it." --Stephen King

Take THAT, society!

ah yes my boiling cheetohs
— tatteredbones