z

Young Writers Society

Hello Hello

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:32 pm
Myriadne says...

Nice place you've got here Nate, you may (or most probably may not) remember me as Starlight from TYWC.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:15 pm
Nate says...

More TYWC'ers! From what I remember, you were part of the gang with E. Oxenby, Megara, Cool Feet and Molly, right? I remember that you stuck on after they all left, but you didn't seem quite as active as you were before.

I really, really would like it if TYWC got back up on its feet, but I fear it's beyond repair right now. The old system is collapsing in on itself, David doesn't have the time to work on it like he used to, and the founder of it (Derya) now loathes it. That's about 50% of the reason why I created YWS; I saw that TYWC was falling apart, and so wanted to make something that could be an adequate replacement. It's too bad really... TYWC could have been to younger writers what writing.com is to older writers. At one time, it came really close.

Welcome and I hope you continue to enjoy it here.

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:28 pm
Myriadne says...

Oooh well done, yes you are right. In both cases, thats why I stopped becoming particularly active there. I still drop buy every now and then, but its not the same. This however looks very promising, I'm sure I'll enjoy myself :)

Treat all disasters as if they were trivialities but never treat a triviality as if it were a disaster.
— Quentin Crisp