z

Young Writers Society

leslie's a punk rocker...yeah! or something.

213 Reviews

Reviews: 213
Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:02 am
SporkPunk says...

So, I've tried several approaches. Epic introduction to be funny, something adorably awkward, and straight forward. None of it *fits.*

So...I'll just write and see where it takes me.

Basic Stuff:
Name: Leslie
Height: 5'7"
Hair: Darkish Brown that has reddish highlights
Eyes: Hazel
Skin: Pale. Not white, but not tan. Not sparkly.
Astrological Sign: Leo!

Okay, so now you know about that. On to the fun part!

I guess the first thing you should know about me is that I love music. My favorite kinds are indie, rock, industrial, alternative, electronica, drum & bass, folk, punk, stuff like that. Specific groups I would sell my grandmother to see live: Placebo, Foo Fighters, Rammstein, Biffy Clyro, The Faint, Sigur Ros, Mumford Brothers, Pendulum, and ones I would sell her to go back in time to see: The Ramones, The Clash, The Sex Pistols, Television, and others. :D
Other than music, I love computers, and though everyone wants to diss it, I love my teeny netbook. I've had no problems with it, and it does everything I need. It's an emachines em250 with a Intel Atom 1.6 GHz processor, which isn't great, but it works for me. It has a gig of RAM, and a 250 gig hard drive. It has a 32 bit OS, so...basically, it's not a bad netbook but a sucky laptop. :P
I like video games too! Final Fantasy, Mario Brothers, God of War, Borderlands, Left 4 Dead, etc., those are my favorites. :smt001
Zombies. One of my favorite things. Ever.
Pokemon are also amazing.
Hello Kitty and Domo! They're on my backpack. :)
My favorite books are: Harry Potter series, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, To Kill a Mockingbird, Lord of the Flies, 1984, Deathnote...there are so many.
Movies: The list is too long to recall, so I'll name a few: STAR WARS!, Spaceballs, Donnie Darko, A Clockwork Orange, and the slew of b-movies, like Robot Jox, that my bestie John and I have watched. :D
TV: Dexter, Buffy, Battlestar Galactica...oh goodness, I'm a geek.

Dislikes: Eh. I don't really know off the top of my head. I'm generally cheerful, so not much upsets me. Sometimes people bother me. Other than that...I got nothing. I'm happy a lot. :smt001

Random fun fact: I'M GIFTED. :D
Grasped by the throat, grasped by the throat. That's how I feel about love. That it's not worth it.

REVIEWS FOR YOU | | Uprising (coming soon!)

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:14 pm
View Likes
Khepri says...

Hey.. I saw you have no comments on this, so I am commenting! I did one of these too...and no one is commenting. *sob*.
Star Wars is awesome. I haven't heard of any of those bands! So...
We're the same height. RaNdOm!

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:35 pm
Tigersprite says...

Foo Fighters aren't bad, is there really a band called Television ? I have a netbook too, I don't mind it though it sucks that I can't play Sims 3 on it. I didn't know about Final Fantasy 'til I played Crisis Core, now I'm hooked. Have you tried the World Ends With You On the DS? It's sort of like Final Fantasy in a way, Square Enix made it and it's GREAT.

I love Lord of the Flies, it's so very real and really explores the depths of human nature. Star Wars is just so inspiring, just thinking of all the Worlds one guy thought up, and Spaceballs made me laugh my socks off. Oh, and you and Khepri are slightly taller than me.

Nice to read about you! :)

TIGERSPRITE
"A superman ... is, on account of certain superior qualities inherent in him, exempted from the ordinary laws which govern men. He is not liable for anything he may do."
Nathan Leopold

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:26 pm
cannibalcorpse3 says...

Howdy.
Ooooh I saw Foo Fighters live in Ottawa, they were absolutely fantastic, Dave Grohl is nothing short of a god. O>O
And b-movies, eh? Nice to hear someone around here likes sleaze too :smt003. Heeeee.
Donnie Darko= awesome
Sex Pistols = fairly rad,
A Clockwork Orange= a great book, haven't seen the movie,
zombies= horray,
but The Ramones= icky.
:P
Hokay, I think I'm done :)
The remainder is, An unjustifiable, egotistical, power struggle, At the expense of the American Dream.

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:31 am
MeanMrMustard says...

But you didn't say if you like walks on the beach...

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:17 am
Azula says...

Battlestar Galactica is pure dead amazing. Also, did you know that The Clockwork Orange is a book, too?
They, are not your MUFFINS!!!!!!!!!! - John Worthing/Ernest Moncrieff (The importance of being Ernest)

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:06 pm
Cspr says...

Well, you sound pretty awesome. A girl named Leslie was the first (or second, maybe) person to attempt reading my epic, so that's neat...

1. You are definitely more geek-fawesome than I am. I'm more of an Age of Empire-lover myself; started playing it when I was three, actually (yet I can't play chess, still). But Star Wars...I was raised on it. My Dad loves it (obsessively).

2. Ever heard of a band called Star...um, f-bomb...er? I suggest looking up "Medicine". Maybe. Depends.

3. "1984"--scariest thing ever written. Scarier than Stephen King's "Pet Sematary". Almost as horrifying as "Child 44".

Note: I'm more of a weird scene kid myself. Sorry. But it's nice to meet you!
My SPD senses are tingling.

You got rid of them. Yes, that's just like you. Getting rid of everything unpleasant instead of learning to put up with it.
— Aldous Huxley, Brave New World