z

Young Writers Society

Another Writer On Board!

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:06 pm
DarkerSarah says...

Hi guys! I'm glad to be here. I'm really interested in writing, and hope to someday write The Great American Novel. Ha ha...but isn't that all of our wish?

I'm 17 years old, and am currently going to Petal High School. I graduate this year, and am hopefully going to the University of Mississippi after that. I'm working on a senior project in house design at the moment. I find it very interesting, and may go into architecture upon graduating. I'm the Executive Editor of the school newspaper. My favorite book is The Hunchback of Notre Dame by Victor Hugo, but other works I like include The Secret Texts series by Holly Lisle, Harry Potter, Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy, Billy Budd by Herman Melville, and A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray.

I love listening to music, a style a like to call "mellow alternative." My favorite band is Blue October, but I also love John Mayer, Death Cab for Cutie, The Beatles, Dispatch, and Dashboard Confessional.

I'm looking forward to posting more on here and getting to know some of you guys! If anyone would like to IM me, my AIM s/n is: SarahM1487.

Later
-Sarah
"And I am a writer
writer of fiction
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones...
Let me go if you don't love me" ~The Decembrists "Engine Driver"

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:11 pm
Meshugenah says...

Hi! I'm Mesh!

*realizes how boring this was* oh well! welcome!

i don't want to write the great american novle, i want to write the great american novelS! lol
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:14 pm
Firestarter says...

Heya, I'm Firestarter.

Welcome to the site.

Hope to see you around and get to know you. Have fun...
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:16 pm
Elocina says...

Greetingz, Earthling.... *cough*
I mean, Welcome, Sarah.
Architecture, eh? I've been interested in it, don't know what I'm going to do. Well, first I have to get out of the mental institution I created in my little mind...that'll be hard, though.

Err, yeah. Welcome to the site.
Feeling stupid? Follow me!

Random avatar

Reviews: 15
Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:25 pm
Morran says...

I commend you on your most excellent taste in music. My favorite band of all time, ever, is Dispatch. And the rest of the ones you listed appear on my playlist from time to time, too. Except I've never heard of Blue October. :oops:

Um... heh.

Enjoy the site, and hope to see you around!

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:42 pm
ZZAP says...

Hello hello! I'm ZZ from Spain... jk. Hope you enjoy your stay upon the lovely boards of 'Writers Society'. If you ahve any questions or concerns just PM on of the Brotherhood, and we'll find your answer. See you on the boards!

-Z
Nate, you will eventually resine or trade powers with me:
https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=4

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:04 pm
niteowl says...

Welcome, glad to see you, blah blah blah.

I have been losing track of my gift-giving. Too many new members! So here you go.
:D :) :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :P :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :arrow: :idea: :| :mrgreen: :xmas_wink: :xmas_happy: :xmas_cool: :xmas_evil: :dreidel: :menorah: :frosty: :thumb:

I actually do not want to write the Great American Novel because then kids forced to read it in school would hate my book and hate me for writing it.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:56 pm
.:Echelon:. says...

hi and welcome to yws. It is a wonderful place to write and read. If you need any help at all just pm me.

Rebbecca
Every rose has it's thorn..
Just like every night has it's dawn.

I've matured a lot and I realised it was time to come back.. for good!

But what about second breakfast?
— Peregrin Took