z

Young Writers Society

the short, dark-haired, glasses-wearing chick known as Laura

Reviews: 0
Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:41 pm
View Likes
everyday_angel says...

So, I'm Laura, I'm 17, I've got one semester to go in high school then I'm off to the University of North Florida. I love writing, and I write mostly songs and poems but I'm working on two novels now, which is kind of interesting because they are complete opposite from each other. Aside from writing, music is my life. I play guitar and love every second of it. My favorite music includes, but is certainly not limited to (my musical taste is all over the place): Jewel, Something Corporate, MxPx, Vanessa Carlton, Less Than Jake, Fall Out Boy, Lisa Loeb, Simon and Garfunkel, Halo Friendlies, Five Iron Frenzy, etc etc. I'm the features editor of my school newspaper. I want to backpack from Florida to California (everyone does it through Europe...why not through your own country?) I look forward to being here, this seems like a really cool site.
Lend your voices only to sounds of freedom
No longer lend your strength to that which you wish to be free from
Fill your lives with love and bravery
And you shall lead a life uncommon

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sun Dec 26, 2004 11:12 am
dyingmoon says...

hello, i like your taste in music, though i haven't heard of half of them. are you a fan of original Jewel or latest changed Jewel? i'm really into her stuff before her latest album. it just doesn't do it for me. S&G have the most beautiful harmonies. hope to see you around and good luck with the back packing thing.
Sometimes in order to find the light one must risk the darkness

Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:12 am
View Likes
everyday_angel says...

Old Jewel is the absolute best..."Pieces of You" was the first CD I ever owned (I got it in 4th grade) and I still love it. Her new album is...interesting. But I saw her in concert last spring and she's still amazing.

9 Reviews

Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:59 am
View Likes
dyingmoon says...

don't her lyric blow you away? she is very cool, but with her new found self..hmm. she's kind of going against what she's always stood for. what do you reckon?

Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:04 pm
everyday_angel says...

Her lyrics are amazing...there's just no other words for it. When you hear her songs you swear she knows you and wrote the song about you (at least I feel that way). Even on her new album the lyrics are amazing, it's just that all the songs have the same crappy electronic beat. My favorite line is from "Deep Water": "You find yourself falling down, your hopes in the sky but your heart like grape gum on the ground."

9 Reviews

Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:39 am
View Likes
dyingmoon says...

i really like the whole concept to the song "pieces of you". it is so true about the world, you see it everywhere. everyone casting everyone away. ugly girl hates pretty girl, pretty girl hates ugly girl. it's really good. i agree her lyrics are still as great as ever, but...i can't get over those video clips.

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:51 pm
View Likes
Tessitore says...

Jewel is kickass. Huzzah. Though I was a tad disappointed in the last album, I'm still a fan.
I'm not even angry... I'm being so sincere right now.
Even though you broke my heart.
And killed me... And tore me to pieces.
And threw every piece into a fire.
-"Still Alive"- GLaDOS

Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:17 pm
everyday_angel says...

The video for "Intuition" is extremely well done. But it has to be taken as a whole in order to be understood. VH1, for example, had it on Awesomely Bad Videos, but they only showed the bad parts, not the whole thing. Taken all together, the video is awesome and makes an awesome point about our culture and advertising.

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:42 am
View Likes
DarkerSarah says...

I am also short, have dark hair, and sport glasses. I also am executive editor of my school paper. It seems as though we've got a little in common. I look forward to reading some of your stuff here. Good luck in all your literature and lyrical endeavours! (That's spelled extremely incorrectly.)

-Sarah
"And I am a writer
writer of fiction
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones...
Let me go if you don't love me" ~The Decembrists "Engine Driver"

Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:11 am
View Likes
everyday_angel says...

Were we separated at birth or something? LOL.

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:49 am
View Likes
DarkerSarah says...

It seems we might have been!
"And I am a writer
writer of fiction
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones...
Let me go if you don't love me" ~The Decembrists "Engine Driver"

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:45 am
View Likes
Tara says...

Aren't these sites great? You can always find your supposed-to-be twin! :lol:
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:47 am
View Likes
niteowl says...

Yeah I think I may have found mine in El. We're both average height nots who wear glasses. I don't know her that well though so I'll have to check on that.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:52 am
Tara says...

I'm not sure who mine would be. There are so many people who I can relate to here! Probably Crysi, seeing as we're both synesthetetes with tendancies to stay up very late and into the morning! :D
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.
— Oscar Wilde