z

Young Writers Society

Matt

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:23 am
Matt Bellamy says...

So this is the bit where I ramble on about myself and hope someone reads it, and possibly even cares. Just a tiny bit.

My real name is Samantha Rose, which I hate. I go by the name Matt Bellamy here and on TYWC because it's the name of the lead singer of an awesome English band called Muse. Also, I like to confuse people into thinking I'm a boy. Serves them right too, for not reading this.

I like to write poetry mainly-I get annoyed sometimes with writing stories because it never seems to work out if I try tp extend them into anything more than a short story, and I'm not really into writing dialogue. So, poems it is. Often poems you couldn't really class as cheerful, but I'm stepping out of the dark side now, and into something a little lighter at times. Who knows, if I get a boyfriend within the next couple of months, my writing might take an even more drastic turn.

So, that's me. A lot shorter than I thought it might be, but I can think of nothing relevent to make you want to continue reading. Apart from, I am very very proud to be a writer, and hope you are too. Keep writing.

Peace out.
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sun Dec 26, 2004 11:04 am
dyingmoon says...

Hello! i love Muse, love the style and Matt's voice. i wonder if Muse are known in the states? why do you want people to think you are a guy? i agree about poetry. i like the fact that one can hide behind it. don't get me wrong, i love writing stories but there is someting more mystical to poetry.
Sometimes in order to find the light one must risk the darkness

558 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:25 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

I just like to confuse people, it's funny =P And about being able to hide behind poetry, I'd never thought of it that way. Hmm, that's something to mull over in the shower...which I really could do with. Toodles!
Matt.

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

9 Reviews

Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:43 am
dyingmoon says...

well with poetry it can be perceived in all different ways. but since the writer is the only one that truly knows what lies underneath the poem, they really have the power. they can either confirm or deny the truth behind it. hmm, i'm rambling now, not making sense. cheers

Random avatar

Reviews: 15
Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:42 pm
Morran says...

I always thought one of the purposes of poetry was to express ideas - not to hide them. It's always nice to give the reader something to think about, and I love a poem that can be interpreted more than one way.

But I also think a good poem should be interpretable. I think an author needs to give enough clues to the reader so that the reader could indeed figure out the author's message - that's a good portion of the fun of reading poetry. Cryptic poetry, to me, seems lifeless. And it takes the fun out of it.

9 Reviews

Sat Jan 01, 2005 6:01 am
dyingmoon says...

true morran, but i guess it all depends on the purpose of the poem, the audience. sure if you're writing it for people to read, you gotta leave clues but i like knowing that when you write poetry, purely because you can, the meaning is your secret. poetry is a form of expression, but also in a sense something to hide behind. hmm, i can't explain what i'm trying to say. i know what i'm talking about in my head, but when i write it, it doesn't make sense. :P

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:48 pm
Elocina says...

Whenever I write poetry (very rare.), I like to write narrative/descriptive. Don't know if that's even a proper classification. Well, Matt, you sure threw me through a loop pertaining to your gender!!!! LOL. Nothing wrong with that. Apparently, i've done that to a few people, too.
Feeling stupid? Follow me!

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:44 am
Crysi says...

Matt Bellamy wrote:My real name is Samantha Rose, which I hate. I go by the name Matt Bellamy here and on TYWC because it's the name of the lead singer of an awesome English band called Muse. Also, I like to confuse people into thinking I'm a boy. Serves them right too, for not reading this.

:shock:

HOW MANY SAMANTHAS ARE ON THIS SITE?!

*grumbles about having a very common name*

*growls when she remembers being called Samantha R for most of her life because there was at least one other Samantha in most of her classes*
Love and Light

558 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:57 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

I'd rather be called Samantha R for years than have some teachers call "Sam Rose" on the register as if it's one first name, like Mary Kate, or Sarah Jane.
Matt.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:18 pm
scribblingquill says...

yeah i was kinda like "matt bellamy goes on here??!!??!!"

lol, but now all is clear ^_^

Muse= favourite band evers. :D

and try being called rachael...¬_¬ I hear my name all the time, but its only about me 10 % of the time... I know how you feel XD

I likkee your poetry, and you seem to know what you're talking about. would you be willing to have a look at some of my stuff? :D

xxx
Is this bass REALLY strong enough?

A true poet does not bother to be poetical. Nor does a nursery gardener scent his roses.
— Jean Cocteau