z

Young Writers Society

Blowing Bubbles

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:17 am
bubblewrapped says...

About me. Hm. What can I say?
In real life (inasmuch as life can be called a reality) my name is Sarah, I'm 17, pale-skinned and freckled and possibly the most boring person on the planet. I was born in Auckland, NZ, a city I now abhor, my middle name is Jean after my grandmother and there is a rash on the left corner of my upper lip that is driving me insane. It hurts!
I used to have a doll called Dolly Day and made my mum make up stories for her - thats kind of how I began writing. For as long as I can remember I wanted to be an author, although for a few years after I left Intermediate and went onto correspondence schooling I experimented with other careers because I was scared of never being published. Now I'm just as scared, but also determined. And I've been published already, several times through poetry.com and in the local newspaper when I was 10 through 13.
As I said, I do my schooling by correspondence. Why? Well I'm not going to tell you much, except that girls can be b*tches when they reach puberty. 'Nuff said. As a result, though, I get out very little and spend much of my time studying ancient literature and/or conjugating Latin verbs. My second-choice profession is a scholar of ancient history, because I love history, particularly classical history and British history, since thats where my roots are.
I cant drive, I've never been in love, I own a horse named Bigglesworth and I'm looking to buy a puppy this Christmas, probably a Yorkie or a Maltese terrier. I am a recluse in the extreme but I adore animals and if I ever get rich enough I want to run an animal shelter. A little secret about me: SPCA ads can actually make me cry.
I hate fashion - it never fits me - cellphones, people who dont write well (they just annoy me so much sometimes I have to virtually rewrite their work just so that I dont explode with frustration), and various other things that if you really want to know about see my reply to the "Rant?" post in the Lounge (I think?).
Oh, and I chose the name bubblewrapped for this forum because sometimes I feel like I'm wrapped in the stuff and looking at the world in a very different way from everyone else. But I guess everyone feels like that sometimes.
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:17 pm
Chevy says...

ive never been in love either and i cant drive--well, i can...just not legally.
hey...you joined on my sisters birthday. oh phooey. who cares.

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:45 pm
Elocina says...

I've got a drivers liscence (don't ask how long I've actually been driving. No one cares so long as I don't go too far from home). I've wanted to study Latin, and learn languages, but the options here are limited. Still mad that I couldn't get into Spanish II. *grumbles*
Feeling stupid? Follow me!

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:46 am
Crysi says...

I just got my permit.. and started driving yesterday. Gah, it was scary driving home today.. I was convinced I was gonna hit someone! :P
Love and Light

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:54 am
Firestarter says...

Damn you Yanks!

I can't start driving lessons till June 19th (when I'm 17) and guess what?

They're thinking of putting that up to 18 this year.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sat Jan 08, 2005 3:46 pm
niteowl says...

Ooh, too bad Firestarter.

I am just a few weeks away from being allowed to begin driver's ed (the cutoff here is 14 yrs, 9 months).

My mom heard of some other people who let their kids drive around in an empty parking lot. So she decided to drive into one and let me try. She told me to take my foot off the brake, and of course I slammed on the gas and we went flying! At least it wasn't turned the other way, or we would have rolled into a ditch. The rest of it was pretty ho-hum.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

I was never insane except upon occasions when my heart was touched.
— Edgar Allan Poe