z

Young Writers Society

Hi

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:04 pm
Siiham says...

Hello,
my name is Siham. I’m new so I don’t know what to do or to say, but I’ll imagine that I’m writing to a friend, that way it will be easy. I love reading and I adore writing, so I try all my best to realize my dream and write a story, but every time I start a one, I can’t finish it. It’s just like this, I have started 3 stories but they are without an end, so I think I need someone who can tell me how I can deal with this problem. Maybe it’s because there is no one who reads my writing and encourage me to continue, maybe some other reason, I don’t know?
Lately I have started a new story; it has been more than 3weeks since I stopped writing it. This time I’m willing to finish it, of course if there is someone who can tell me if my following the right way or just…
But before, I want to know more about you, and how can you help me. I mean, what can you give me, and how can you help me?
Thanx for everything.
Siham

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 pm
Siiham says...

Waw, what a start!!!!!
nobody to welcome me.
ok, goodnight.

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:58 pm
Shauni says...

AHH, my friend I'm here! Nice to meet you and welcome to YWS! Don't worry, people will post here soon.
Now some rules you need to know:

1. Keep a 2:1 ratio. That means for every post you do (your work) you have to make two reviews. Remember, people will review your work if you review theirs too, right?
2. Keep the chat language and capitalization to the minimum. This is a writers site, okay?

You may notice that some people have colored user names, that's because they have jobs:
The blue ones are the greeters : They help everyone fit in and they explain the rules.
Purple: They are the instructors; they help you with your work. They review it and give tips for you to improve it.
Light green: Junior moderators. They are in change of a random form, like romantic fiction, lyric poetry and so on...
Dark green: They boss around, they take care of us.
Orange: Distinguished members.
Red: Administrators
and finally US! We are the black ones, who are the regular ones. We don't want to have a job so we just post our work and have fun!!

Hope you enjoy YWS as much as you can!! Anything just PM me!

One more thing:

What are your favourite books?
What are your favourites songs?

Get active on the YWS, explore this because it's really fun (my favourite foruM is the "Randomness!, it's so funny.! :p) We will be watching you! Have fun! :D

*Best wishes*

Shauni

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:23 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

34 minutes is not exactly a long time for threads to stay unreplied too....

Anyways, something that hasn't been mentioned is the nice part to rating works. Rated works (unless rated R) show up on the front page of YWS. You might even get more comments out of it. ;) Rated R works have the f-word and/or graphic scenes.

If you have any questions, PM me. *points to blue name* I just love answering questions. :D
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

239 Reviews

Reviews: 239
Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:53 am
MeadowLark says...

Haha! Welcome to YWS!

My, my. I do believe everyone's went through everything already. Look around, read, review, post. It's a very fun site and we're glad you've decided to join us ^_^

And don't worry. I've started at least ten novels and they aren't even half way done. I think that's way it is.

Happy Writing!

Meadow
Purple light in the canyon
that is where I long to be
With my three good companions
just my rifle, pony and me

--- "My Rifle My Pony and Me"

312 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 312
Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:05 am
Mars says...

Hey!

About never finishing a story, I have the same problem, and what I do is jot every idea down in a notebook when it comes to me. Then I can keep working on the current project, and come back to the new ones later. And it does help when you can let others see your work, so hopefully YWS will be great for that! We can totally give you encouragement, bug you to keep writing, and give you suggestions on how to improve, so don't be afraid to post your work.

Also, you should check out the groups (up at the top). There are so many that you'll definitely find one for your interests...or if you don't you can start your own! And the Knowledge Base, under Resources, has tons of helpful articles on writing, poetry, grammar, and the site.

So, tell me: what genre do you like to write in? Who are some of your favorite authors? Have you ever tried poetry? What's your favorite color? Do you usually prefer books, or movie adaptations of books?

Welcome to the site, and don't hesitate to PM me if you have any questions, or need help!
-Mars
'life tastes sweeter when it's wrapped in poetry'
-the wombats

critiques // nano

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:06 am
Demeter says...

Hello, Siham!

Welcome to YWS, and don't worry about not being answered to first – it's not because we don't care about you. We love anyone who steps under the shiny title of YWS! So, it's nice to have you in the gang :)

Oh, I have exactly the same problem about not finishing stories! Actually, I have also the problem of not starting stories, because no matter how much I'd like to have some killer ideas for books, I don't have them. Or if I finally get a new amazing idea for a plot, it's where my notebook or any kind of paper is not reachable. And then I forget the ideas. Blah. For some reason, I tend to get my best ideas when I'm in bed going to go to sleep.

But you're lucky to have joined YWS, because here you have people who will read your stories and tell you kindly their honest opinions about them. Maybe now you'll have the kick to finish and edit your texts!

PM me if you need reviews or any kind of help, I'm here for you. :)

Demeter
xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:21 am
Blink says...

Siham!

Great to meet you. =) My name's Mark, or Blinky, or Blink, whatever floats your boat. So many writers have the same problems; I always *think* that I have some fantastic idea for a story, so I open up Word and then... nothing. But don't worry. Just stick with an idea and it'll come to you eventually, so long as you're 110% that it's good. :)

So yeah! Welcome! Seems like the rules have already been covered, so, what about yourself? Have a favourite book, or poem, or song? Band? I love George Orwell's books and Cormac McCarthy's too. I just love the style and themes. Oh, and it's never a complete question without finding out your favourite colour. At a random guess... red?

When you post something, let me know! I'd be happy to have a look for you and see what I can offer. I can be harsh, though, so take whatever I say as honesty. :D

See you around!

Blinky
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

143 Reviews

Reviews: 143
Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:23 am
anti-pop says...

Hi, Siiham!

So you need some encouragement? Well you are most certainly in luck, my friend. :D
This is the place to go if you need that extra push to get your creativity flowing. This is a community made up entirely of members who are devoted to helping one another improve and succeed in their writing.

Doesn't that sound absolutely awesome? :D

It may sound too good to be true, but thankfully it's not! You've got the blue Greeters to welcome you and help you out if you've got any questions, while purple Instructors (like me!) are here to help your writing improve! The light and dark green Junior Mods and Moderators (respectively) are definitely the people to go to if you're having any trouble around the site. Then of course the red Administrators, who are the most awesome people on the planet. They run this whole show!

So to answer your question, Siiham: everyone on this site is here for you and your writing! We can help you with whatever you need - encouragment and support included! :D

Happy writing, and welcome to YWS!

~anti-pop
...Bitter cold, it grows
changing holds
cynicism the new norm...

-Libretto

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:52 pm
Evi says...

Welcome to YWS! How can we help you? Well, let's see...

1.) See my purple usename? Yep, that means I'm an Instructor. You can count on my critiques being thought-out and helpful o the best of my ability. If you ever are desperate for a critique, you can PM anyone with a purple name to look over something for you.

2.) We can become your friends. Seriously, I've made so many new friends on YWS, it's not even funny. We have some amazing people who are more than willing to get to know you, get to know your writing, and have a great time with you.

3.) Of course, you have to contribute also. That means that for every story/poem you post, you must have reviewed at least 2 other works of someone else's. Keeps our economy running strong, ya? ;)

So, I see you now have a good number of welcomes! How 'bout you start answering some of our questions? Favorite books? Movies? Genres? Music?

~Evi

P.S. Join the club, dear. We've all dreamed about finishing a novel, but then we get some other brilliant idea and immediately abandon the first one. It's the price we pay for being writers. *sigh*
"Let's eat, Grandma!" as opposed to "Let's eat Grandma!": punctuation saves lives.

Why do we only rest in peace? Why don't we live in peace too?
— Alison Billet