z

Young Writers Society

A newbie here! ^-^ And I'm anxious to meet you all!

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:20 pm
Mira says...

Hi, everyone!

I joined this morning and thought I'd come over here to say hi to you all. And now that I have...

I've already put my first post up, though its a bit different than my usual style of writing. ^-^

Well, I guess I'll just wait around for a while.

:D
"Smiles make the world go round." ~ Me

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:24 pm
thefireinmeisJC says...

Ooooh Hi! *waves fanatically*

Yes, you! Hey, you!

Welcome to YWS! Can I call you saphire? I hope thats ok.

I wish I could give you a proper greeting but I just wanted to post because you just posted...and I like being first. ^^

JC
Give hugs not bombs or whatever that saying says

239 Reviews

Reviews: 239
Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:25 pm
MeadowLark says...

Hey there Saph! Welcome to YWS! I'm MeadowLark but call me Meadow.

Hmm, let's see. You already seem to know the 2:1 ratio rule. But I'll go over it. Remember to keep reviewing if you wish to post some of your own work up. This makes sure everyone gets a fair chance at being reviewed and such.

No chat speak. We're writers so, let's stick with capitilization and good grammer.

Well, enough with the boring stuff eh? ^_^

What do you like to write? What's your favourite genre, movie, books?

Meadow
Purple light in the canyon
that is where I long to be
With my three good companions
just my rifle, pony and me

--- "My Rifle My Pony and Me"

51 Reviews

Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:26 pm
Mira says...

Hi, everyone!!!

I'll make sure to keep those rules in mind. ^-^

Well, usually I like to write fantasy or sci-fi, but I've been getting into romance lately. So, basically a bit of anything...

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:27 pm
ThienThienThien says...

Hi Saphire Earth Gaurdian! Welcome to Young Writers Society!

Just to update you with this site's rules and regulations:

-- For every two pieces of work you post onto YWS, you must review another fellow's work.
-- No chatspeak. Meaning you instead of 'u', it should be 'you'. We're all grammar freaks here, I'm afraid! :P
-- Make friends! :D

Anyways, enough about the rules; tell us a bit about yourself! What do you like to write? Why?

PM me if you have any questions! To PM, just press the PM option at the bottom of this comment :D

ThienThienThien,
A Human Just Like You! :P
Woot Woot! I'm Paraskavedekatriaphobic! LOL XD Are You?

51 Reviews

Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:28 pm
Mira says...

I usually have more fun with fiction because I can make ANYTHING happen. I love that feeling and I just love creating something unique! ^-^

And Saphire is just fine. It's probably waaay easier than writing out my user name every time. ^-^

51 Reviews

Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:30 pm
Mira says...

Um... Let's see. I have so many favorite books that it's too hard to decide a favorite one...
    Twilight
    Harry Potter
    Gamer Girl
    Evermore

Those are just a few...

239 Reviews

Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:32 pm
MeadowLark says...

I can call you Saph though? Right?

I agree with you on that part. I perfer fantasy fiction because then you can really make anything happen (as long as it's believable). I've tried to write a western (okay maybe two) and one romance story.

What kind of music do you listen to?

Meadow

51 Reviews

Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:34 pm
Mira says...

Yeah. Saph is cool too. ^-^

I LOVE music. I mostly listen to pop and upbeat stuff, but I also listen to country and some rock. What about you?

239 Reviews

Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:39 pm
MeadowLark says...

I listen to a wide range of music. But country, classic rock and celtic are the usual ones. Although, I do listen to some pop and classical music but...

I've never read Twilight. Not a big fan of vampires. And it is hard to choose a favourite book eh? I love the Inkheart Trilogy. It's one of my favourites. Have you read The Inmortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare? Those are really good books too.

Meadow

P.S Smile do make the world go round eh?

51 Reviews

Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:46 pm
Mira says...

That's cool! ^-^ Country is always fun and I enjoy a lot of rock. I haven't really heard too much celtic, but it's music! :) And all music is cool.

Yeah, I wasn't a big fan of vampires myself either. I wasn't really looking forward to the series when I started it because of that, but I found they weren't really like the normal vampires. ^-^ Though some of it is strange (like sparkling) I enjoyed it. Oh, and the Inkheart series! I do love that one too! Cornelia Funke is an amazing author. I've never read the Immortal Instruments, but it sounds good. What is it about?

Saph

P.S. Totally! If we didn't smile, what would be life so enjoyable?

922 Reviews

Reviews: 922
Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:52 pm
GryphonFledgling says...

*squee* Inkheart! I love you already for professing love for Cornelia Funke.

Hey hi and welcome to YWS! Glad to welcome you and all that!

I must say, I like your avatar, but I can't quite make it out for certain. Is it like a sea serpent or something, looking at an orb on an... iceberg? It's pretty, I just can't see it all that clearly.

*confetti* Welcome once more!

~GryphonFledgling
I am reminded of the babe by you.

239 Reviews

Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:52 pm
MeadowLark says...

I love music. The world would totally suck if there was no music, no books and no horses ^_^

Cornelia Funke is amazing. I have at least five of her books! I would like to get more but... Well the Immortal Instruments. It's set in modern day New York. It has werewolves, vampires, warlocks, you name it. Aw, jeez. I can't even remember. It's been a few months since I've read the first two cause the third one ain't out yet (and I borrowed them from a friend). But, just look into them.

Meadow

Life wouldn't be enjoyable. I believe laughter is the best medicine. And smile makes you feel nice. ^_^

51 Reviews

Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:56 pm
Mira says...

I agree. ^-^ What would there be worth living for?

It sounds good. I'll have to try it out. ^-^ I just finished a book I got on Wednesday, so I'll be needing something to read soon. I'll have to read the first two before the next one comes out. :) And then I'll have to discuss it with you or something like that.

Saph

Laughs are very good for the soul! They help smiles make the world go round. Because a smile isn't very far from a laugh.

51 Reviews

Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:59 pm
Mira says...

Um... My avatar? I can't say for sure. I got it off the site until I can find one of my own. I agree with you though. It totally looks like a sea serpent. ^-^ Nice to meet you GryphonFledgling!

“Sorry about the blood in your mouth. I wish it was mine. I couldn't get the boy to kill me, but I wore his jacket for the longest time.”
— Richard Siken