z

Young Writers Society

-insert clever and witty title here-

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:07 am
MonsieurRosseau says...

Yes, well, here I am.

I am currently feeling too lazy to write more.

Random avatar

Reviews: 17
Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:21 am
View Likes
ZakkuAlpha says...

Hey there, I'm Zakku Alpha. :) Welcome to YWS. Why don't you tell us more about yourself. Favorite Book? Favorite Author? Favorite Poet? Favorite Color? How long have you been writing? How did you start writing?

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:38 am
Monki says...

Heya! I'm Monki. Kinda obvious... *pokes username*

Anyhoo... how did you stumble upon YWS? Just wondering. We always like to know how everyone finds YWS. Most say Google. But, it's still pretty cool.

So, there are really no "rules" per se. Just three:

1. For every story/poem/anything you post of your own writing, we ask that you review at least two works of someone else's. :] It's just so that we don't have 50 million stories/poems posted and no one getting any help/reviews.

2. No chat-speak, plz & thnx. xD Just kidding. Yes, that's what we're talking about. An "lol" here and there is okay, but with as many grammar freaks (that'd be me) and serious writers that we have on here, it's impossible to post much chat-speak without getting yelled at in all caps. Ha ha. Dorks.

3. Just play nice. Respect others. All that jazz.

Anyway, you have probably noticed by now that some people have different colored usernames. Well...

Blue - Greeters. These people basically help out the newbies, much like yourself, and direct them to the right places. :] These people are awesome, but not hardly as awesome as the purps. :p

Purple - Instructors. These are the people that can get more in-depth with helping you out and it's also their job to review a lot. So, if ever you need a review, you should definitely ask anyone with a purple name. Heck, you can ask anyone really. But this is really a purp job.

Light Green - Junior Moderators. Each are in charge of a certain forum/section of YWS, more or less.

Dark Green - Moderators. They aid the admins in making sure YWS runs nice and smooth like it always does.

Red - Admins - The only Admins we have are Nate and Mesh. They are like... the mothership. xD (Like my comparison?) We worship them. We all have shrines of them hidden in our closets. (Okay, not really.)

So, if you need any help or if you ever just need anything, feel free to PM me. :)

<3 Monki
Tom Riddle: "You read my diary?"
Harry Potter: "At first, I did not know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad, handwritten book."

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:12 am
mhmmcolleenx0 says...

Well Monki covered all the rules basically so I don't have to...yay. So, you're new here and that's cool. I think you'll fit in well. Have fun and welcome!
"Can't stop, won't stop. I must be dreaming."

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:15 am
Claeren says...

:smt024 Hey, MonsieurRosseau! (Can I just call you Ross?) It's nice meeting you! ^^
I'm Claeren, and I hope to get to know you very well! :smt083 ==> :smt077 Thought I'd give you a little help by directing you here: The Official Unofficial Guide to YWS or Young Writer's Society. Please read, you might find some interesting facts.
Also it would be greatly advised to go here as well. You'll find all the Guides posted there.
Here's a complete list of the Rules at YWS as we know them today:

1.) All stories and poems must be rated accordingly. If they have vulgar language, please rate them as 'R.'
2.) Keep all comments clean! For stories and poems, one may use vulgar language, but this is not the case with comments. All inappropiate comments will be edited.
3.) Members are asked to withold on submitting work until they post two reviews. After one has done, a member can submit as much work as he/she may like, although it is requested that one keeps the ratio of reviews to work to at least 2 to 1.
4.) If you are not a Mentor or a Moderator, then please do not act like one!
5.) Members should seek to improve other's writing skills.
6.) The administration reserves the right to delete posts and restrict access.
7.) This is a writers forum, and thus "netspeak" or "1337" is simply not allowed.

Or Chatango Lango as I like to call it! (Chat Lang for short. ^^)
This was written by Nate, so full credit goes to him. =)
So, tell us more about yourself, then maybe I'll have more to say! :smt088 Just kidding! :roll:

- Claeren

PS I like your username! ^^

<== Hurry and click, before they all die!

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:26 am
MonsieurRosseau says...

Thanks to everyone for the welcome. I feel as though my human need to be part of something is partially fulfilled.

ZakkuAlpha wrote:Hey there, I'm Zakku Alpha. :) Welcome to YWS. Why don't you tell us more about yourself. Favorite Book? Favorite Author? Favorite Poet? Favorite Color? How long have you been writing? How did you start writing?

Mostly the last book I enjoyed.
Terry Pratchett.
Vienna Teng.
Cyan.
A while.
Don't remember.

PS I like your username! ^^

Thank you.

Anyhoo... how did you stumble upon YWS? Just wondering. We always like to know how everyone finds YWS. Most say Google. But, it's still pretty cool.

I was looking for a writing contest a teacher of mine told me to do, but I couldn't remember the name. So I settled for joining a forum. This looks like fun.

So, you're new here and that's cool. I think you'll fit in well. Have fun and welcome!

Yes, well, thank you.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:35 am
RebellionLies says...

Haha, this really caught my eye, I've never seen someones Welcome post rated "R," and I was disappointed to find nothing vulgar inside. Anyways, it looks like you've been flooded with the rules and proper forum etiquette by everyone else already, it's nice to have you here.

Yours Falsely,
RebellionLies
"Just tell us what to fear because I don't know what tomorrow brings." -Bright Eyes

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:37 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

I too was curious about the R. Works here that are rated R have the f-word and/or graphic scenes usually.

If you have any questions, PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

239 Reviews

Reviews: 239
Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:05 pm
MeadowLark says...

Hey there! Welcome to YWS!

The rated R caught my eye too. Well, what do you write? What's your favourite genre, books, author, etc? *shrugs* Just thought I'd ask a few questions. See ya around!

Meadow
Purple light in the canyon
that is where I long to be
With my three good companions
just my rifle, pony and me

--- "My Rifle My Pony and Me"

312 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 312
Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:19 pm
Mars says...

Hey Monsieur! Do you speak French, out of curiosity? I've been studying it for four years now, and I can read and write pretty well, but my speaking skills are...well, I don't have any. :D

Anywhoodles! You might want to check out the Groups button up at the top there. We have tons of usergroups, and it's easy to find one for your interests. There are groups like the Star Wars group and the Twilight group, but there are also groups like Character Development that really help with your writing.

So, what do you like to write? Fiction, poetry? I started with poetry, though I've been trying my hand at fiction. Do you have a favorite genre?

Nice avatar, very apt. :) Don't hesitate to PM me if you need help, or a critique, or questions answered! And welcome to YWS.
-Mars
'life tastes sweeter when it's wrapped in poetry'
-the wombats

critiques // nano

I have hated words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right.
— Markus Zusak, The Book Thief