Reviews: 0
Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:23 pm
SandSasoriluver says...

Hi, I'm new....ya Well HI!!!!!!

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:42 pm
mhmmcolleenx0 says...

Hi and welcome. I think you'll have a lot of fun here! I guess you could call me the welcoming community. I'm supposed to tell you some rules so I will. But, bear with me, I'll get to some interesting stuff.

Remember this, I'm always reminding people about it. Review two things before you post something of your own. If you review something of someone else's they might review something of yours. So it's a win, win situation.

Limit chat-speak. We try to use proper English and grammar on here. Some people can get really annoyed by so don't use 'dis' for this or 'dat' for that.

You may notice some people's names are in color. Here is the color guide.
Light Green/Dark Green: Junior Moderators and Moderators. You can go to them with questions.

Red: Site Administrators. They keep the site running smoothly.

Purple: Instructors, they give the best reviews so you could ask them for one.

Light Blue: Greeters, like me. We make sure that a new member feels comfortable and you can ask us questions.

Orange: They are usually retired Moderators or Site Administrators.

OK, enough with the rules. So tell us about yourself? What genre books do you read? What do you like to write? Poetry? Books? Novels? What type of music do you listen to?

Feel free to PM (Private Message) me with questions. Have fun!
"Can't stop, won't stop. I must be dreaming."

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:53 pm
ThienThienThien says...

Hi SandSasoriluver! Welcome to Young Writers Society - the heavenly site where young people stay and post comments for other people to [s]harshly[/s] nicely criticise! :D

There are a few rules here on YWS which I'm sure you have already heard of. Here they are:
-For every two pieces of work you post onto YWS, you must review someone else's work. You get points and more review counts, which is quite fun to collect :D
-- They way for your pieces of work to appear on the home page of YWS is to rate it! Remember to rate appropriately, though!
-- Try to make many friends; the more makes YWS merrier, the less makes YWS scarier! :D

So how was you able to reach this site? What types of writing do you like? Feed us some information about you! (That sounds weird ...)

I like your name XD.

ThienThienThien, :)
Woot Woot! I'm Paraskavedekatriaphobic! LOL XD Are You?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:57 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Another little reminder is to rate your works. Rated works (unless rated R) show up on the front page of YWS. You can get more comments out of it if you do. ;) Rated R works have the f-word and/or graphic scenes.

Tell us a bit more about yourself! Who are your favourite authors? What are your favourite books?

If you have any questions, PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:01 pm
Flux says...

Ach de liebe! Hello there!

I saw your name under 'Newst member' and I rushed over to the Welcome forum! I, as you can tell from my picture, think Akatsuki rock as well.

So, you basically got the gist of everything! I'm the aftermath. So, what stuff do you like? What's your favourite writing genre(s)? Your favourite author, perhaps? Or what about your favourite band? A TV show maybe?

If you need anything just feel free to PM me, or anyone! We're all willing to help out a fellow writer!

~La Reina!
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.

Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth."

-- Oscar Wilde

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:27 pm
Angels-Symphony says...

SandSasoriluver wrote:Hi, I'm new....ya Well HI!!!!!!

Hey Sand ^^ I'll have to call you that right now since I don't know your real/pen name xD I'm Shina, one of the greeters lWelcome to YWS!!! We've been getting a lot of YWS members lately and we're glad to have you on board, that is if you're serious about writing ;) People on YWS love people serious about writing. If you're here just for typical random, then I suggest your change your attitude because then we won't take your seriously. We're all here to get you addicted to YWS as well as learn to like writing. Here are some of my best pointers on how to use this site to your advantage:

1. Get yourself out there!!! You're a new member so you won't know many people, right? So get yourself known out there and find a friend. Don't be afraid to request a friend or send PM's, that's what we're here for. If you're serious about writing and you seem like a nice person, I'm sure they'd be more than glad to give you a hand.

2. Don't take all reviews to heart. People on YWS are harsh, a vast majority of them are cold blooded when it comes to reviews. Though they may insult your writing you have to stay confident. You cannot be a good writer unless you can handle critics and rejection. A part of being a good writer is having confidence and motivation. Everyone has a right to their opinion, so remember you still have yours. If you don't approve of their review, then you don't have to listen to them. Remember that the pen is in YOUR hands ;) You're the one writing the story.

3. When someone signs your guestbook, sign theirs back. It's common etiquette for the YWS.

4. Join groups! Part of the using this site to your advantage is joining a user group. Some groups have specific requirements, such as the novelists which is harder to get into, but most of the time you'd be happily accepted.

That's all I have right now. Happy writing ;)

~Shina
You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself into one.

The writer, when he is also an artist, is someone who admits what others don't dare reveal.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:53 pm
WaterVyper says...

Hiyas SandSasoriluver! I'm a huge Akatsuki fan too, though I don't really like Sasori that much. Anyway, glad to meet you and welcome to YWS! We'd love to get to know you better, so can you tell us more about yourself? A new YWS member is always welcomed here.

So, I guess I can elaborate on the groups that angel mentioed. Here on YWS, we have a bunch of groups created for people with similar interests. They can be found under the 'Groups' button at the top of the page. You should try them out. Most of these are open groups, and you'll be able to join them no problem. I'm pretty sure we have an anime/manga usergroup, so you can try there.

Anyway, that's all I can say for now. I hope to see you again some time. Feel free to PM me for anything you need- reviews, questions, or friendship. See ya around!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
— Woodrow Wilson