z

Young Writers Society

Hey

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:42 am
Extravagance says...

Hey all. I'm Extra, or Yentar depending on your russianness.
I've been writing random pieces of poetry for about 5 years now, although whether any of it is any good is another matter. :wink: I was shown the site by my darling fiancé Raptured. I look forward to getting to know all of you and your writing well.

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:14 am
Juniper says...

Hey there Extra! Welcome to the wonderful lands of YWS!

I'm June, and it's great to meet you. Believe me, you'll find yourself much at home here-- that is, if you can put up with our slight craziness :). We're not that crazy-- just only slightly.

Anyway! YWS has a bit of rules to follow. Believe me, they're not hard to follow at all. You can read them by going here, but I'll brief you on them as well.
rules.php

The most important rules are:

Our 2:1 policy: Before you post one piece of your work, you should have reviewed at least two pieces by someone else prior to your submission.

No chatspeak: No netspeak, 1337 chat or abbreviating words that can be spelled out ;). We're writers, we love to see it written out :D.

Rate your works, please: Works that are rated PG-13 or G will appear on the homepage. Works that are rated R will not, so if your work has an R rating (contains the F word, explicit content) then, please be sure to rate it properly.

And! The FAQ comes in handy, too. It'll teach you all the stuff you need to know about this place. faq.php

Moving on, you will see some people with colored names around the site, like me, for instance. Here's our legend:

• Red = Administrator/ Junior Admin: These people run the inner gears of the site, and make sure that all of the wires stay connected. They do all the hard work so that we can enjoy it. ;)

• Green (dark) = Moderators: These people operate the outer machinery, and make sure things stay under control in all the forums and such.

• Green (light) = Junior Moderators: These people pay attention to specific parts of the forum, often dealing with the microscopic parts that the general mods can't attend to immediately ;).

• Purple = Instructors: These people go all out in giving the best reviews for your work. You're welcome to ask them for critiques/reviews on your work anytime.

• Blue = Greeters: (They'll be here soon!) These people welcome newcomers to the site, and assist you in finding your way around if you need it.

Also, if you ever see something that looks strange on here, please report it to a moderator as soon as you can.

Now, that all of that stuff is out of the way...

Aside from poetry, what type of writing do you do most? :D Do you have a favorite poet? If so, which one? Who's your favorite author? What's your favorite genre?

We'd love to get to know you too. We're like one giant-big-happy-family here, and we welcome all sorts of writing.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me anytime.

Welcome aboard!

June

PS. I look forward to seeing your work 'round here! ;)
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:19 am
Musicaloo7311 says...

Hi! *waves*

As June said, we're slightly crazy. Most of us. Some are full-on, such as moi. But this is about you, so anyway.

So June also laid down the laws. Haha. So I'll just say hey!

You can PM me if you have any questions! I look forward to seeing your writing and getting to know you, such as those awful questions like: What's your favorite color? Band? Food? Book? Author? Flavor of toothpaste? (So just kidding about the last one. Maybe. Haha.)

Anyway, bye! It's nice to meet you! I'm Music, by the way. I should have said that first. Oh, well. Hehe.
Click-ity click! Reviews here. :)
The Completely Evil Plan.

"You treat me badly; I love you madly."
Formerly known as music_lover_7311.

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:28 am
Incognito says...

Okay, I am slightly disappointed.
I always show up here incredibly late so that there is nothing for me to talk about. Well, I guess you are kind of lucky because I do indeed like to rant. But I will find something to talk about.

Welcome to YWS Extra! We do not bite [s]hard[/s].
I am actually surprised that I am the first greeter here. Usually they jump on these forums like robots [s]like I did[/s]. Well anyways, since June has given you the run down, I think I should talk to you about you!

You like poetry? I am sure you are good at it. I myself am not a poetry kind of person. I am quite horrible at it. I cannot rhyme or get into deeps meanings very well. I have meddled with poetry, all ended with an epic fail. You probably won't ever see me with a poem posted.

Do you write anything else? There is a lot of places to post your writing here. You will almost be guaranteed to get a review. If you need more, there is a place called the Will Review For Food Subforum. If you post there, stating your cause, most people will leap on the chance to review your work.

Okay, now it is my interrogation time with unusual questions.
1) If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
2) What was the weirdest substance you have eaten?
3) If you earned $250 randomly, what would you do with it?
4) If you were stuck in a bubble for the rest of your life, what would you do to keep yourself occupied?
5) Have you ever done something on the spur of the moment and had something very unusual happen? If so, what?

Well, it was nice to meet you. I hope to see you around.

~Incognito
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

124 Reviews

Reviews: 124
Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:49 am
PatriciaTina says...

Hi! What's up? Welcome to YWS! (And yes, we are a wee bit crazy! :lol:) You can call me Trish, or Kitty. Whichever one you prefer! :D So, why don't you tell us a bit more about yourself. You like poetry? I'm not much of a poet myself, so you probably won't find any poems by me. Unless they're for school, but I still doubt it because I'd be too embarrassed to post them! :lol: Do you have any favourite books, movies, bands etc.?

Anyways, I gotta go. PM me if you need anything, friendship included! And I look forward to reading your poems! :wink: Goodnight!
~ Patricia Tina :smt006

Don't look in the spoiler.

Spoiler! :
I lost the game.

"I always hear punch me in the face when you're speaking, but it's usually subtext."
~ Dr. John Watson

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:43 pm
MySunshine says...

Hey!
Welcome to YWS :D:D

Whoho, someone else from Europe :D Somehow, I don't see a whole lot of people from Europe, so it's great I'm not the only one :P ^^

Tell us more about yourself, why don't you? ^^
For example, what are your favorite books or movies?

Poetry is nice, but just like thechocolatewritingcat, I'm not that talented myself when it comes to poetry. I suck, actually.

Hope you're enjoying it here ;)
MySunshine
♥And if you go, I wanna go with you. And if you die, I wanna die with you♥

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:09 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

*Sigh* the joys of having an instructor come to the welcome boards. They cover everything.

Poetry tends to be random. At least, most of the stuff I write is. Reason hardly any of it is posted. ;)

If you have any questions, PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Stop being mean to your self-insert character, you're just being mean to yourself.
— WeepingWisteria