z

Young Writers Society

Hi everyone!

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:19 am
Eliza:) says...

Hi everyone! My name is Eliza, and am thirteen years old. My favorite author is Olsen Scott Card, and my favorite book is Ender Game. I love write (obviously) and hopefully this website will improve. So anyway, hi.
There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed.
-Ernest Hemingway

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:21 am
Hannah says...

^_^ Hello, Eliza, and welcome to YWS! Since I'm here, I might as well share a few little rules with you.

First of all, we can't have chatspeak. We are, after all, a writer's forum! =] Some abbreviations (like lol) are okay, but keep it down! =D

Secondly, we also have a 2:1 ratio rule going around. This means that you should review two works of other members before posting any work of your own and try to keep that ratio all the time! ^_^ Well, I mean, it's okay to do more reviews, but two at the minimum. Ah. I'm tired, so I'm sorry if these rules don't make sense or something.

Also, try to post about one or two pieces of your work at a time. Don't flood the forum! ^_^ Um, and also... be sure to rate your works so they can appear on the front page. C: Anything with bad language or mature themes should be rated PG-13 or R. R ratings are automatic if you include the F-word! =O

Now that that's done with, what kind of genres do you prefer to write in? ^_^ Any favorite movies that inspire your writing? What about a favorite color!

I'm Hannah, by the way. ^_^ Welcome~

-Hannah-

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:49 am
Eliza:) says...

Hannah wrote:
Now that that's done with, what kind of genres do you prefer to write in?

I usually write science fiction, but sometimes I write fantasy too.
There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed.
-Ernest Hemingway

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:58 am
Meep(: says...

Gah, beaten to the punchline again.
Hi there Eliza!
Welcome to YWS!

~Feel free to PM Me! Not hannah XD
If you have any queries, don't hesitate to ask ME.
Ahahaha.

A Sci-Fi writer eh?
I prefer Fantasy to Sci-Fi personally :D
I'll keep a look out for your works!
PM me if you want a review :)
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:11 pm
WaterVyper says...

Heya! It's great to see ya around YWS! Hah, I nearly typed YWA. That's Young Writers Academy where I'm from. Heh. Anyway, welcome! I see you like Orson Scott Card! He's on my waiting list, since school is really pressuring me right now. As soon as I have free time, I'll pick up one of his books.

So, rules are done and time for the Rainbow of YWS!

Cyan people: We're greeters, and our job is to greet, as you might have figured out. We're supposed to make you feel welcome, and to answer any questions you have about the site.

Purple: They're instructors, who you'll go to for anything needed with reviews and such. Should you require an in depth review, you can go and ask them. Most of us (not just instructors) have a thread up in the Will Review For Food part of the forums.

Light and Dark Green: The light green people are Junior Moderators and dark green are Moderators. Should you have other questions about the site, you can ask them.

Red: Administrators. They keep the site up and running!

Orange: Distinguished members of the forums. They're retired mods and admins.

So, that's it for the rainbow. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or other things. See ya around sometime!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:26 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey Eliza.

welcome to YWS.

If you need anything, feel free to pm me.

See ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
— Winston Churchill