Reviews: 0
Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:32 pm
Silly NaNo Girl says...

Hello, everyone!

Um...yeah. So, I'm new.

Name: Maddi
Grade: Homeschool class of '09!! ^_^
Favorite type of fiction to write: Fantasy
Currently working on: Two online works (not on this website), one of them a collaboration between a friend and me. I'm also (slowly) working on finishing my NaNoWriMo '08 novel, trying to prepare it for publication.
Favorite non-writing-related activity: Drama! I'm a huge theater geek!
Currently reading: Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen.
Favorite band: ANBERLIN!
Avatar comes from: The "+Anima" manga series.

I'm looking forward to meeting y'all soon!

- Maddi

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:07 pm
thefireinmeisJC says...

Hi Maddi! How are you? :P

I'm good...kind of. I have a [s]suicidal[/s] calculus test in approx 2hrs and 30min. So I should be studying but I had to greet a fellow homeschooler.

Hi Homeschooler!

I'm homeschooled too though I take classes at my community college hence my calculus test lol

I'll post back to give you a proper welcome later... :wink:

As for now, Welcome to YWS! Many other people should be coming around to say hi shortly.

See you around!

JC
Oh yes! I keep on forgetting to introduce myself....I'm JC. haha *shakes hand*
Give hugs not bombs or whatever that saying says

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:11 pm
Kikuyo says...

Hey Maddi! I'm 18 too, but not homeschooled. I kinda wish I went to a private school, but I'm just your average public school kid.

I love fantasy as well, anything crazy and out there :D.

My friend and I are always meaning to collaborate but our free time never overlaps :( I hope things are going better for you two.

What are some of your favorite books? And what other manga do you like? ^-^ I'm a light manga reader so I don't know many titles, but I'm always willing to browse a recommendation.

I'm too shy for drama, though I'd love to be an actress. Kinda paradoxical...? Lol, anyway, welcome! I guess we don't have too much in common from here, but you know what they say: opposites attract ^-^. I look forward to seeing you around!
A single plum blossom, then another, opening one by one.
And the first plaintive notes of the bush warbler’s song.
Signs of the coming spring.
To tell the truth, they only make me long
To see you again…

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:15 pm
indigochild1991 says...

Hey there!!

I'm relatively new here!
Nice to meet you!

My name is Hannah, and...hmm.....what to say?

Oooh, homeschool? What is that like?

Theatre geek?
Yay!!!

I'm doing Theatre Studies for A level!
'Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night'-Edgar Allan Poe

'Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent'-Eleanor Roosevelt

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:20 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

So, to lay down the rules, the three main ones are:

1- Review two works before posting any of your own. That way, everybody gets a chance for a review. The nice part is, people are a lot more willing to review your stuff if you've reviewed theirs. :D A review is approximately 250 characters long, or about six lines.

2- Chat-speak is a no no here. Some abbreviations like lol and brb are okay, but other then that use proper grammar, spelling and caps.

3- Rated works are what we like to see here. If things are rated (and not rated R) then they show up on the front page of YWS. ;) Rated R works have the f-word and/or graphic scenes.

Oh, and a final rule, have fun!

A fellow homeschooler! Yay! I'm homeschooled too. ^_^

Fantasy is my lifeblood, lol. It's very rare for me to stray out of that genre.

If you have any questions, PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:51 pm
Winter's Twelfth Night says...

Welcome to YWS Maddi! I am Winter.

You are homeschooled? Very interesting. I've always wondered what that would be like. I would probably make a better teacher than my parents though. :D

If you click on the big groups button at the top of the page you will find a lengthy list of usergroups that you can join! Each usergroup has a theme such as character development, Twilight, Jane Austen, or Anime. I believe there is a group for people who are homeschooled. Maybe you would like to join! There is also a group for fantasy writers. Check out the list! You'll find a bunch that interest you. Oh and I forgot to mention that there is a group for NaNo writers, I believe. Good luck with your novel, by the way!

If you have any questions please PM me!
-Winter
Mamillius: Merry or sad shall’t be?
Hermione: As merry as you will.
Mamillius: A sad tale’s best for winter. I have one
Of sprites and goblins.

The Winter's Tale

Reviews: 0
Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:04 am
Silly NaNo Girl says...

Thanks for the welcomes, everyone! I'll respond to your posts individually as soon as I get the time. ^_^

- Maddi
"I've heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've brought a big bat. I'm ready, you see. My troubles are going to have troubles with me!" - Dr. Suess

124 Reviews

Reviews: 124
Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:57 am
PatriciaTina says...

Welcome to YWS! Oh my gosh you love Anberlin too? They're so awesome! They came to my town, but I couldn't go because they played at like a 18 + only place. I was so sad! :cry:

Do you like any other bands? Another one of my favourites is Paramore. :D

I love Jane Austen too, but I find that her books can be sometimes a bit hard to read. I've only read two, Sense and Sensibility and Northanger Abbey though. Is Pride and Prejudice good? I've been wanting to read it for a long time now but have never had the time. :(

Do you like any other authors?

I gotta go though. Bye bye and welcome again!

P.S. I forgot to add my name. I'm Trish. Nice to meet you! And good night!
~ Patricia Tina :smt006

Don't look in the spoiler.

Spoiler! :
I lost the game.

"I always hear punch me in the face when you're speaking, but it's usually subtext."
~ Dr. John Watson

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:12 pm
WaterVyper says...

Hi Maddi and welcome to YWS! Everyone's gone around and given you a greeting, so I guess I hafta follow in their footsteps. Though it is quite difficult to find footsteps on a computer screen... Well, hiyas! *waves*

So, should I mention the rainbow colored people of YWS? Meh. At least it's something I can do.

Cyan: We're the Greeters, who are supposed to make you feel welcome and to answer any questions you have.

Purple: They're Instructor people. Their job is to give in-depth critiques, and they're really good at it. You can ask them should you need a critique.

However, starting from March 1 until March 8, we're having a Purp vs. Blue war. That means that we're going to switch jobs for a while. So, you can expect the Instructors to greet and the Greeters to instruct.

Light and Dark Green: Junior and Regular Moderators.

Red: Site Administrators.

Orange: Distinguished members of the site (retired mods and admins)

So, that's us! Well, I hope to see you around soon Maddi. Feel free to PM me for anything you need. See ya around!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

You have been de-shenaniganed.
— WaffleCat