z

Young Writers Society

yay for newbies:)

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:56 am
muffy says...

Hi everyone I'm muffy! I'm fresh and new;D, and I'll love to meet some cool nice people. One thing I'll say about myself is I absolutely love a good story and helping people improve to my best capabilities. So yeah.lol Who are you:)?

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:28 am
Juniper says...

Hi Muffy! I'm June! How nice to meet you!

Welcome to the wonderful, wonderful lands of YWS! I hope you enjoy your stay here! Let's start with the rules, first, and then the fun stuff.

You can read the rules by going here: rules.php

And, I'll brief you on them as well:

We have a 2:1 policy; before you submit any piece of work, you should review at least two pieces by someone else, prior to your submission.

And, No chatspeak. No net speak or any of that. We're writers, we prefer to see stuff written out.

Also! When posting a piece of your work, please try to rate it. If it's all good, rate it G. If it contains mild violence and mild swearing, rate it PG-13. Explicit content, major violence, and intense swearing/F word, rate it R.

And, you may want to take a look at the FAQ! It's very helpful: faq.php#0

Moving on...
You will see some people with colored names around here. Here's the legend:

• Red = Administrators/ Junior Administrators - These people help to run the innermost parts of the site, making sure that everything stays under control.

• Green (Dark) = Moderators - These people moderate the forums, meaning they keep the surface under control while the Admins take care of the inside gears ;).

• Green (light) = Junior Moderators - These people moderate only certain parts of the forums-- making sure to pay attention to the little parts of such and such part.

• Purple = Instructors - These people pay a lot of attention to helping you out when it comes to reviews. They give the most indepth, helpful reviews on your writing.

• Blue = Greeters - These people welcome newcomers to the site and help you find your way around :D.

Sweet! You sound just like the rest of us! We love good stories and we love to help each other out with our writing :D.

So! What type of writing do you do? Do you write poetry? Or mainly stories?

What's your favorite genre? Who's your favorite author? :D

So! If you need any help or just want to talk, feel free to send me a PM (private message)

Welcome aboard!

June
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:07 am
Clo says...

June, that is one elaborate greeting! xD

Welcome to YWS, Muffy! This is a wonderful writing site with a great community. I hope you love it here and I hope I see you around! Feel free to PM me if you need anything.

~ Clo
How am I not myself?

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:52 am
WaterVyper says...

*huff* You two stole our jobs. Anyway, I'm one of the greeters that June mentioned> Great to meet you muffy! So, rules are done, and colors too. I guess I can take groups, but one tiny question first:

Aside from writing, what other hobbies do you have?

Well, here on YWS, we have a bunch of usergroups for people who share similar interests. For example, we have a group for people who are interested in music. Then, we have one for people who enjoy poetry, or cartoons. You can check under the 'Groups' button at the top of the page. It is great fun, and you can get to know people who love the same things that you do.

Well, feel free to PM me for anything that you need- be they reviews, answers to questions, or friendship. See ya around sometime, muffy!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:07 pm
MySunshine says...

Welcome to YWS!
I'm sure you'll have a great time her e :D:D

So the questions have been asked already. What do you like to do? ;)

MySunshine
♥And if you go, I wanna go with you. And if you die, I wanna die with you♥

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:20 pm
indigochild1991 says...

Hello!!
Lobely to meet you1
You sound cool!

What kind of things do you like to write?

I look forward to seeing some of your work!!!
'Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night'-Edgar Allan Poe

'Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent'-Eleanor Roosevelt

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:12 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

We at YWS tend to be an eclectic mix. You'll find people to hang out with no matter what. 'Tis fun. ^_^

If you have any questions, PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:59 am
muffy says...

yay everyone is so nice:D<3. i love nice people.lol i like to write, sing, explore new places, sew, hang with friends, and church. just to name a few though. i really like to write stories that are whimsical yet they are real and gets a ugly.lol i have to admit i'm a sucker to a good cliche' love story:D, so i try avoiding making my main plots around just couples and focus on something else thats just as interesting. i hope that i can improve while writing on here, and that maybe you guys will like it:). what do you guys write?

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:36 pm
MySunshine says...

You will definitely improve here :D
Just post some of your work, and you'll get lots of reviews showing you how to alter some stuff to make it better ;) Speaking of which, just tell me when you post something ^^

I love cliches, too :D:D Well ... at least special/individual cliches, if you know what I mean. You know, stories that base on a cliche but have their own thing :)

Are you enjoying your time here?
♥And if you go, I wanna go with you. And if you die, I wanna die with you♥

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:14 pm
Rosendorn says...

I'm a fantasy writer through and through.

And just another reminder, chat-speak includes proper caps. Make sure those "i's are uppercase please. ;)
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

An existential crisis a day keeps the writer's block away <3
— LadyBug