z

Young Writers Society

Greetings, from another new member to this site

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:47 am
Xemba says...

I just joined this site. I was originally browsing the web looking for some way to improve my writing. I never personally saw myself as a writer. I was just some kid going through school, and all of the help sites I saw were for people who probably didn't need the help in the first place. I kinda see myself as someone who's new to creative writing. After reading a lot of tips and tricks, I convinced myself to write a short story. It has been roughly 6 years since I last wrote creatively. My last short story was when I was nine, and it was horrible now that I look back on it. However, when writing this short story, I suffered the famous writer's block about halfway through it. If someone could direct me to where on these forums I should post about help in continuing it, then that would be great. Anyways, I'm just saying hello as your newest member, YWS.

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:59 am
Threnody says...

Hey Xemba!

Yeah, this place is an excellent area to work on your writing. I greatly suggest looking at the Community Forums to find tips and such. Also check out the Storybooks. They do wonders for your writing.

There are, like any other places, rules.

I All stories and poems must be rated accordingly. If they have vulgar language, please rate them as 'R.'

II Keep all comments clean! For stories and poems, one may use vulgar language, but this is not the case with comments. All inappropriate comments will be edited.

III Members are asked to with-hold on submitting work until they post two reviews. After one has done, a member can submit as much work as he/she may like, although it is requested that one keeps the ratio of reviews to work to at least 2 to 1.

IV If you are not a Mentor or a Moderator, then please do not act like one!

V Members should seek to improve others writing skills.

VI The administration reserves the right to delete posts and restrict access.

VII This is a writers forum, and thus "netspeak" or "1337" is simply not allowed.

There are all the most important rules.

Now, how are you? Are you adjusting well? Just check out the Rules and Guides for more detailed info about the site.

What do you enjoy writing? I love poetry and I'm pretty confident about my Piper Legend story.

What music do you enjoy? I have compiled a list of my favorite 15 songs. It's called Forever Threnody's Top 15 Song List in case you were interested.

Do PM me if you have questions!

I hope I see you around!

Peace, Love and Sugar Packets~
Forever Threnody

Now about you...
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:56 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Just to highlight the list of rules, the most important three are numbers I, III and VII. Ohh, and a fourth:

Have fun!

Writing Tips or Writer's Corner are your top two choices when it comes to getting over writer's block. They help emensly. ^_^

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:12 pm
Evi says...

Hey! If you need help with your writing, you sure came to the right place. I'd suggest getting some reviews and then posting your story for everyone to take a look at! It's the best way to get help, methinks.

I'm not a Greeter like Forever or Rosey, but you can still ask me for help around. Hope you enjoy YWS!

~Evi
"Let's eat, Grandma!" as opposed to "Let's eat Grandma!": punctuation saves lives.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:34 pm
Jiggity says...

Welcome. Glad to see you've come with the active aim of improving.

PM me if you need anything.

Cheers
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:04 am
Winter's Twelfth Night says...

Welcome to YWS! I am Winter.

I agree with Evi. The best way to get help with your story or any other works is to post them in the literary forums. This way people can read and review them. You'll get some excellent tips!

If you have any questions please feel free to PM me!
-Winter
Mamillius: Merry or sad shall’t be?
Hermione: As merry as you will.
Mamillius: A sad tale’s best for winter. I have one
Of sprites and goblins.

The Winter's Tale

A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest.
— Paul Simon