z

Young Writers Society

Hello everyone!

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:01 am
Drea20 says...

Hi everyone! I just joined today, and my name is Andrea or Drea.
Writing is my therapy haha. I enjoy writing short stories, most about them about stalkers, insanity, serial killers, etc.
I will be posting some soon hopefully! And I'd me more than thankful if you guys let me know how to improve with my writing.
Thanks!:)

201 Reviews

Reviews: 201
Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:07 am
peanut19 says...

Hey Drea I'm Peanut. Welcome to YWS. Since I'm the first to post I will tell you about the 2:1 ratio. It means you have to have 2 reviews per every 1 of your posts. Also no chat speak. I too like to write about some of those things. I'm currently working on a story called "Unstable" about insanity. If you have any questions about anything you can PM me.
~peanut~
There is a light in you, a Vision in the making with sorrow enough to extinguish the stars. I can help you.
~And The Light Fades

The people down here are our zombies, who should be dead or not exist but do.
~Away From What We Started

P.S Got YWS?

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:21 am
Meshugenah says...

Hi, Drea! Welcome to the insanity we like to call our corner of the internet!

Ooer, stalkers, insanity, and serial killers? Sounds intense! Why those subjects? Any fun hobbies aside from writing? Play an instrument, dance, have a secret hidden talent for raising chickens?

Anyhoo! Welcome, and if you have any questions, drop me a line! I'm happy to help!

Mesh
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:44 am
Threnody says...

Hello! I'm Forever Threnody but you can call me Thren 'cause that's shorter.

You enjoying YWS? I hope so, as in my opinion, it's a great little place.

Interesting writing topics... I'm working on my Piper Legend right now. It's a fairytale adaption.

Remember to rate your work. Rate it PG-13 for excessive swearing, and violence. Rate it R for use of the F-word, intense violence and sex scenes. Remember that this is YOUNG writer's society, alright?

Yay, nice to meet you, nice to greet you. PM me if you have any questions!

Peace, Love and Sugar Packets~
Forever Threnody
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:29 pm
Wiggy says...

Sup Drea?

Welcome to YWS! You seem like a happy person, and I like happy people. So, yay, I feel as if we'll get along already! :D

I'm glad you joined--you'll love it. Friends, critiques, improvement, fun--it's all here. It's teh bomb. 8) Just when you post your stories, keep the critique/post story ratio to 2/1. And I like your topics of choice. I write about weird things, too. They're so much more intense and complex! :)

So, yeah, if you have any questions feel free to pm me, and step on board the YWS crazy train! :)

*dances off into an imagination*

Wiggy ;)
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:11 pm
Angels-Symphony says...

Welcome to YWS Drea! Glad to see you on board our bandwagon. The only difference is that our bandwagon is actually for the good of the world. Seriously, we are going to take over. There's a writer in all of us, it's just a matter of transitioning our deepest thoughts into words; making our fantasies flow through our fingertips.

I know that everyone has already covered the 2:1 ratio and no chat speak lingo rules, so that's why I'm here to give you the other necessary tips to make this site benefit you to the fullest.

1. Don't take all reviews to heart. Everyone has a right to their opinion, so don't be offended if someone doesn't like your work or gives it a thumbs down. This site is all about improving your writing as well as opening your mind to broaden your horizons. So keep your mind open. A lot of the instructors, mods, and greeters here know what they're talking about from experience. Some of them sound harsh, but hey, they're being honest.

2. When someone signs your guestbooks, you sign theirs back. It's common etiquette here.

3. If you want to make friends, you have to be one. Treat people with respect here. Most of the time their open to new friends if you're a nice person. Some of them seem hard on the outside and are tough nuts to crack, but if you get to know them better you'll find they're actually pretty cool ;)

4. Use this site to the fullest and benefit as much as possible. I mean where else are you going to find a site full of young, active writers willing to critique your work for their self enjoyment?

Those are my top 4 pointers for you at the moment. If you need a buddy or if you need help with anything, PM me or IM me or anything. Happy to help and even happier to be asked.

~Shina
You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself into one.

The writer, when he is also an artist, is someone who admits what others don't dare reveal.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:22 pm
niteowl says...

Hi there Drea! I'm niteowl! Welcome to YWS!!!

Since you've already got the run-down about rules and such, I'll just add one more thing: A review has to be at least 250 characters in order for it to count, basically about 3 lines, so "OMG that was soooo great!" does not count as a review. Your review count determines the number of stars you have under your name and helps us judge if you've followed the 2:1 rule. :D

Well that's all I have. PM me if you have any more questions! Now HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt006 :smt007 :smt004 :smt026 :smt024 :smt016 :smt021 :smt020 :smt027 :smt031 :smt041 :smt059 :smt068 :smt072 :smt064 :smt077 :smt114 :smt084 :smt109 :smt101 :smt083 :smt116 :smt115 :pirate1: :ftw: :smt035
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:28 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

One rule that somehow got skimmed over is the no chat-speak rule. Some abbreviations like "lol" are okay, but it's asked you always have good grammar, spelling and caps.

If you have any questions, PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:39 pm
Drea20 says...

Thanks everyone for your welcome! I'm really happy I joined YWS! :)
Now answering some of the questions;
I do have other hobbies such as dancing, and taking care of little children. I still have the child inside of me alive and it takes over me most of the times! hehe :P
And I chose writing about stalkers, insanity and those topics because I used to know someone who was like that and they have been one of my biggest inspiration for most of my stories. I'm also a huge fan of the band Slipknot and most of their lyrics are kind of creepy so they're an inspiration for my writing too! :)
I am a happy person, very optimistic most of the times; but most of my stories are dark, creepy and depressing.

Anyway, thanks again for the welcome and for letting me know about all the rules in YWS.
:)

Reviews: 2
Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:21 pm
Ceekayyy66x says...

hey my names cauis. im new here also :D
i've just started writing a story im hoping to turn into a book.
nice meeting you
=]
[Now to escape involves not just running away, but arriving somewhere]

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:22 pm
MySunshine says...

Welcome Drea :D:D

Wow, those genres are cool ^^ Well, okay, I prefer cute and "harmless" stories, but I do enjoy some good creepy and scary ones as well. Let me know when you post some of your work ;)

My suggestion to improve your writing is to post something of you (after reviewing two stories first, of course ;)). They're all really nice here and try hard to help, so don't take it personally if they're a little harsh ^^ Again, let me know if you want me to review something!

I'm looking forward to learn more of you ;)
MySunshine
♥And if you go, I wanna go with you. And if you die, I wanna die with you♥

"She doesn't even go here!"
— Damian Leigh