z

Young Writers Society

Hello!

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:34 pm
Storm_Bringer says...

Hello I'm Storm_Bringer and i joined a few days ago. I've never been on a writing website like this so it's pretty cool. I like fantasy, romance, science fiction, and pretty much everything else. My favorite books are The Inheritance Cycle, Maximum Ride series, and Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, but of course much more. I don't write much but when I do I enjoy it a lot so hopefully I'll write more on YWS. :D

I love love love love books! I have so much i have like two bookshelves filled with books bought by me. When i go to the library i have like a huge stack of books to carry. :lol:

I also like photography and music. I play the piano (private lessons) and a little on the violin (School orchestra). I play the piano all the time, when I'm made sad or just bored. I've been playing only for about four years so I'm not that good. I take a lot of pictures with my Uncle's Nokia camera ( he's a photographer) and my moms IPhone one.

My dad is in the Army so I'll moved around quite a bit. To names a few places; Virginia, Hawaii, Thailand, California, New York. I love traveling though. My family used to do tons of road trips and they were AWESOME!! I love the snow too. Making a snowman is sooo fun and so is sledding.

I also like animals. I had a rabbit once and it was almost eaten by our neighbors jack Russell terrier who slipped into our yard when we were playing with our rabbit. My rabbit's name is Lucky and I'm really not sure if its a girl or boy. :oops: We actually call him/her Geshe (gee-she). When we moved we couldn't bring Geshe with us though. :( I also love dogs. My favorite dog is the golden retriever. Their so cute when they're puppies and pretty when they are adults. I want one so bad. I like cats too but I'm allergic to them (swollen eyes, and i get teary).

Okay I'll stop rambling now. I hope to meet new friends and read some of you're stuff here!
-Storm_Bringer

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:48 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Here at YWS, it's important to keep two rules in mind:

1- Review two works before posting any of your own. This helps make sure everybody gets a review. The amazing thing is, people tend to review your stuff in return. It's a win-win situation, no? ;) Just to mention, a review must but at least 250 characters long. About 6 lines or 23 points.

2- Minimize chat-speak. That means proper grammar, spelling and caps. Some abbreviations are okay, like "lol" but don't overdo it.

Also, when you do post your stuff, please rate it! Rated works show up on the front page unless they are rated R. If your work shows up on the front page, you might just get more comments. :D Rated R works have the f-word and/or graphic scenes.

I absolutly love Inheritance. It took Paolini long enough to write book three, but it was so worth it. Now we just have another two years to wait for book four, eh?

If you have any questions, PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:31 am
Incognito says...

Welcome to YWS!
We all love to read here. That is one thing we all have in common. You seem to be interested in Photography? Well, just to let you know, you can submit your photo's or if you draw, your drawings up her to be critiqued also. This site is a well rounded site!

Since Rosey Unicorn has so valiantly told you the main rules I think I may briefly explain the coloured (Please don't mind my Canadian spelling!) names.
Light Blue ---> The Greeters. These people greet the new comers and make sure that you are settles. We also like to help you if you need any help finding stuff around the site. We tell you the basic rules (which you should follow closely by the way!) for this site.
Purple ---> The Instructors. These people give incredibly in depth reviews and are experienced writers. These people help you when you need it, so if you are ever in need of a review, all you have to do is PM them.
Light Green and Dark Green ---> The Junior Moderators and the Moderators. The Junior Moderators are Moderators in training. These people have been nominated by their peers and make sure all of us are abiding by the rules. The Moderators are the full time police officers. These make sure you follow the rules and will warn you if you are doing anything wrong. Be respectful to these kinds of people because it is most likely that they have been on the site for fairly a long time.
Red ---> The Admins. These are the people who made the site (Nate) and keep it going, doing maintenance and stuff like that. Be respectful to these guys too.
Orange ---> The Distinguished Members. These people most likely have been on the site for a long time and are most likely retired Moderators.

Well, that's all for that part of the ranting. Now it is Interrogation time!
1) What is your favourite food?
2) If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
3) If you were trapped in a bubble for the rest of your life, how would you keep yourself occupied?
4) Have you ever eaten something without knowing what it was?
5) Is there a name you would prefer us to call you on this site?

Well that's about it. See you around.

~Incognito
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:49 am
Meep(: says...

Storm_Bringer wrote:My favorite books are The Inheritance Cycle, Maximum Ride series, and Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, but of course much more.

Whoo! Maximum Ride, Harry Potter & The Hunger Games (and much more)!!! *screams like a crazed fan girl*

And you're a piano player and avid book lover! Hi-five, dude (I call everyone that)! :D
I can see that we'll get along just fine!

---> What type of literature do you write? Poems? Fantasy Fic?

Anyhoo, the rules have been nicely explained to you,
So feel free to PM me if you still have any queries! :D
~I'll see you around!
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

104 Reviews

Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:24 am
Storm_Bringer says...

Thanks for all the replies and for explaining all the rules! :)
Incognito Temptation, no need to worry about the spellings. When i lived in Thailand I spelt like that too. :D Okay as for your questions:
1. Hmm, my favorite food? Food as in snacks or lunch, breakfast, and dinner? My favorite snack is gummies. Gummy worms, lifesavers, octopuses, and pretty much candy. :P For my foods i like well, food. I pretty much eat anything except for veggies besides corn and some others.
2. England. Or Italy. Or other famous and beautiful places!
3. Reading. No duh!
4. Yes. I once ate a liver (animal of course) when i thought it was meat plus my mom told me it was meat but it wasn't! I was horrified.
5. Not really. You can call me my full name or a shortened version or whatever you think! :)
Rosey Unicorn, I know! I cannot wait till the fourth comes out. I wonder how he'll end the cycle! The suspensse! Thanks for explaining the rules.
Meep:), wow! You actually talked to me! I read all your stories and they were AWESOME!!!! Hehe, sorry about that. I sound like a weirdo! I manly focus on fantasy. I don't think my brain can handle anything else :D
Thanks for everything! -Storm_Bringer

104 Reviews

Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:24 am
Storm_Bringer says...

Incognito Temptation, no need to worry about the spellings. When i lived in Thailand I spelt like that too. :D Okay as for your questions:
1. Hmm, my favorite food? Food as in snacks or lunch, breakfast, and dinner? My favorite snack is gummies. Gummy worms, lifesavers, octopuses, and pretty much candy. :P For my foods i like well, food. I pretty much eat anything except for veggies besides corn and some others.
3. Reading. No duh!
4. Yes. I once ate a liver (animal of course) when i thought it was meat plus my mom told me it was meat but it wasn't! I was horrified.
5. Not really. You can call me my full name or a shortened version or whatever you think! :)
Rosey Unicorn, I know! I cannot wait till the fourth comes out. I wonder how he'll end the cycle! The suspensse! Thanks for explaining the rules.
Meep:), wow! You actually talked to me! I read all your stories and they were AWESOME!!!! Hehe, sorry about that. I sound like a weirdo! I manly focus on fantasy. I don't think my brain can handle anything else :D

104 Reviews

Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:25 am
Storm_Bringer says...

3. Reading. No duh!

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:28 am
WaterVyper says...

Yay, Maximum Ride! I think it's a great series. Well enough about books. So, great to meet you Storm (can I call you that?) and welcome to YWS! A piano and violing player too? I can't believe it. And I also do private piano lessons and violin lessons for school. Seriously, my jaw dropped open when I read your intro.

Well, I hope to see you around. Lots of people write Romance, Sci-fi, and Fantasy. Rosey up there is a fatasy writer, I believe. Have you heard about groups? They're found under the 'Groups' button up there, These groups are made for people with specific interests in mind. I think we have one for Sci-fi and fantasy, though I'm not sure. I'm sure you'll find one you like eventually. Speaking with like-minded individuals makes the experience so much better. Well, hope to see you around soon! See ya! Feel free to PM me for anything you need. Bye!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

104 Reviews

Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:32 am
Storm_Bringer says...

3. Reading. No duh!
4. Yes. But its too gross to share!
Meep:), wow! You actually talked to me! I read all your stories and they were AWESOME!!!! Hehe, sorry about that. I sound like a weirdo! I mainly focus on fantasy. I don't think my brain can handle anything else :D
WaterVyper: Love the name! It's fine to call me Storm. Like i said I'm good with anything. :) You like Maximum Ride too? I can't wait till the next one comes out.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:16 pm
Rosendorn says...

Now, should I tell you, or not?

I have spent a little to much time on Shur'Tugal (and just a little too much time dicecting the books) an I think I know the epelogue scene. Unless Paolini changes it. At least we only have to wait two years, not three. :roll:

Actually, Viper, there aren't any sci-fi groups that I know of. There's a group for almost everything else. Although no group for Paolini lovers, I'm afraid. There is a "varden" of some sorts, but it's against Eragon. (The site is split for Paolini lovers and haters. I have more opinions about the way groups and interests are set up on this site, but I will spare you)

And, I know Rosey Unicorn can be a tad long to type, so just call me Rosey. I have a couple other nicknames, but that one's my favourite.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:47 pm
thunder_dude7 says...

Alright, so it looks like the others handled the rules, so...wait, no, stop!

*beep*

Hi, Storm_bringer! Welcome to YWS!

Please remember to write 2 reviews before posting stories of your own, and try to keep a 1:2 ratio of your own works to reviews.

I'm sure you'll LOVE YWS!

*beep*

Sorry about that. The stinkin' automated message flips on every time there's a new member. Anyway...

Wait...fantasy? YES! WOOO!!!

:elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant:

Alright, I can work with fantasy.

Let me know when you post something and I'll review it!

Who knew paper and ink could be so vicious.
— Kathryn Stockett, The Help